• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rear View Mirror - Adjustment

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
No, it doesn't! The mirror is physically being stopped by the housing of the camera/sensors.

I have tried turning it 180, this doesn't work because the attachment is in the center of the mirror. You will not get anymore adjustment out of it. You would need a longer arm that attaches the mirror or a different cover for the camera/sensors.

If you pull the mirror to the left and push it up you will see more without slouching but you will now not beable to see most of your right side. You would have to decide what is best for you.
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I'm 6'2" and get a nearly perfect view. It might angle just a *smidge* to the left, but otherwise it's just fine. I have the RECARO seats and they are pushed all the way back and adjusted for the angle that fits me.

I did install a BlendMount for my Uniden R8, so I did jockey the rear view mirror and stalk around a bunch during the process of installing it.

R3tro GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I am 6'4" and noticed this before I started the test drive. At the time all the shipping plastics were still in place so I figured it was causing some of the adjustments.

I have the Recaro seats and made it work by lowering the seat and moving the mirror up as much as possible.

topdawg4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Dark Horse Mustang, 2024 Ram 2500 CTD Mega Cab
So.....I test drove the Dark Horse, and as a tall driver I fit great (Tons of leg room), but there is no way I can adjust the mirror to the right far enough to see the entire rear. I am missing 1/3 of the rear view. So how much of a deal breaker is this? On the test drive I used both the rear mirror and right side mirror to check my rear. I just hate buying a $65k car that isn't perfect for me, but at 6'-8", that is a tough ask to begin with.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Just took delivery of my GT on Thursday. I am about 5'11" and have a similar problem. I can't adjust the mirror high enough. I only see about 70% out the back window. Mostly rear seats.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Just took delivery of my GT on Thursday. I am about 5'11" and have a similar problem. I can't adjust the mirror high enough. I only see about 70% out the back window. Mostly rear seats.
Well that is concerning at I'm the same height as you. Honestly I don't remember not being able to see out the rear window fully during my test drives but maybe I wasn't pay much attention, lol. I will for sure have to check this out further as my car is due in any day now:)

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well that is concerning at I'm the same height as you. Honestly I don't remember not being able to see out the rear window fully during my test drives but maybe I wasn't pay much attention, lol. I will for sure have to check this out further as my car is due in any day now:)
Same here in the test drive.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I've got some extra phone books, @DCS 😆

area5179

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2024 Mustang GT Premium
For what it's worth, try flipping the mirror 180° and see if that helps. I know people had the same issue with my Gladiator and that seemed to help. I've had no such issues.

OP
OP

undertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
For what it's worth, try flipping the mirror 180° and see if that helps. I know people had the same issue with my Gladiator and that seemed to help. I've had no such issues.
That is what I told folks here and it did work for me. But it didn't work out for some I guess

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went to the dealer this afternoon to get some help with some of the myriad settings. We figured them out together. One question I had was the mirror issue. I told him about someone's suggestion to rotate the mirror 180 degrees. I moved the mirror to the left then up and it went further up. I was then able to move it back to the right. Now I see the full rearview!

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
5’11” here and this is what i see in the mirror.
Lower the seat a bit should improve visibility.

S650 Mustang Rear View Mirror - Adjustment IMG_3801

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
That is what I told folks here and it did work for me. But it didn't work out for some I guess
There is no way that will work as the mount is in the middle of the mirror. If it was offset then it would be a good solution or if the contact was more toward the edge of the mirror.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
6’4” here. Yes the housing in the way.
but you need to man up and pull the entire mirror out and down from where you think it should be.
once you do that, adjust it very slowly into place and you can get it to be perfect. I have about 2”-3” of headroom above my head. If you’re taller you may be screwed.
however I notice the left/right adjustment is more of an issue than the up/down
Sponsored