• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rear Passenger Rattle

OP
OP

jexsk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
I did that too... I'd love if you found something, but I removed both rear wheels and looked at both sides of the car behind the wheels, and nothing looked/acted different. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø It seems it's behind the cover you showed in the picture, but it sounds like you didn't find it there either. Totally baffled.
I took off the tire and the felt cover and didnā€™t see anything that stood out šŸ™ Iā€™m pretty confused at this point
Sponsored

Useless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang dark horse
I had a similar issue the other day driving home from work. I absolutely hate rattles and unwanted noise. My car, a base vapor blue DH, was perfect for the first 500 miles. So good that I mentioned it to my wife. Later that day after work I thought I willed it into existence as the car suddenly had a very hard to pin down driver side rattle. After another 300 miles I was ready to tear the car apart. My wife actually looked on this forum and found something about the rocker pannel clips. I checked mine and that was not it but I noticed they were hollow so I started tapping on them. Sure enough I hit the right spot and heard the rattle. There was a fairly large rock inside that had got trapped. I was able to get it out and the rattle is gone. There is a large gap in the wheel well where it meets the rocker pannel. This may not be the exact location of your rattle but do to all of the trays under the car it may not hurt to start knocking on them and see if you find any foreign debris that has become traped. I would have sworn mine was in the driver a or b pillar or was trim related. Good luck in your hunt!

S650 Mustang Rear Passenger Rattle 20231112_221734

S650 Mustang Rear Passenger Rattle 20231112_221901

OP
OP

jexsk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
I give up, canā€™t find it and itā€™s driving me crazy. Taking it to the dealership and Iā€™ll let you know what they find. Said itā€™s going to be about a week before they can look at it šŸ˜­

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
I give up, canā€™t find it and itā€™s driving me crazy. Taking it to the dealership and Iā€™ll let you know what they find. Said itā€™s going to be about a week before they can look at it šŸ˜­
Any luck?

OP
OP

jexsk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Any luck?
Itā€™s been at the dealership for over two weeks now and they cannot figure out whatā€™s causing it. I road with them to show them how to easily reproduce it and they can all day long but canā€™t figure out the cause.

Theyā€™ve taken the area apart, scoped it, ran magnets etc and canā€™t nail it down. Talked to them yesterday and theyā€™ve taken that area back apart and still digging into it.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Itā€™s been at the dealership for over two weeks now and they cannot figure out whatā€™s causing it. I road with them to show them how to easily reproduce it and they can all day long but canā€™t figure out the cause.

Theyā€™ve taken the area apart, scoped it, ran magnets etc and canā€™t nail it down. Talked to them yesterday and theyā€™ve taken that area back apart and still digging into it.
WOW! Well, I sure hope they figure it out. Didn't imagine it'd be that hard.

OP
OP

jexsk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
WOW! Well, I sure hope they figure it out. Didn't imagine it'd be that hard.
Been a while since I updated. Ford engineer picked the car up from the dealership and took it to the KY truck plant. Put it on a shaker and they determined it was the shock. Theyā€™re ordering one, on back order of course, so Iā€™m going to pick my car up and I can drive it until the part comes in. Iā€™ll keep you updated if that ends up fixing it once and for all.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alright! There's hope. I'm sure it's the exact same issue for me. I'll have to have the dealership here take a look, but I'll probably wait to hear if it truly fixes the issue for you. Thank you for the update!!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Alright! There's hope. I'm sure it's the exact same issue for me. I'll have to have the dealership here take a look, but I'll probably wait to hear if it truly fixes the issue for you. Thank you for the update!!
Hi there. These rattle concerns doesnā€™t sound like something we want you to experience with your Mustang. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

OP
OP

jexsk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Dealership just called and said the shock came in early. They installed it and fixed the issue! If you take yours in make sure they check the shock.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi there. These rattle concerns doesnā€™t sound like something we want you to experience with your Mustang. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Done, thank you.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealership just called and said the shock came in early. They installed it and fixed the issue! If you take yours in make sure they check the shock.
This is great news!! Hopefully, we can get this fixed on mine without spending weeks to diagnose it. Thank you for sharing!!

Cindy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP DIB
I am following because I am hearing it on both rear. I thought it was seatbelt and fastened, but still there. Also hear a rattle in passenger a pillar and sometimes the instrument cluster. If I apply pressure to that, it stops. More rattles in my car than the 8 year old GT I just sold. šŸ˜• And my dealer service has been very poor. I think all they know is trucks.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Anyone else experiencing a rattling noise from the rear passenger area? Itā€™s only if I hit a bump only on that side, if the entire car or the driver side hits a bump I donā€™t hear it. It kind of sounds like hard plastic on metal, not quite metal on metal but I could be wrong.

I initially thought it may be coming from that C pillar but after taking it a part and adding some insulation and electrical tape Iā€™m not so sure now. Not really seeing many reports of others having this problem so figured Iā€™d reach out before I start tearing the trunk apart next.
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Anyone else experiencing a rattling noise from the rear passenger area? Itā€™s only if I hit a bump only on that side, if the entire car or the driver side hits a bump I donā€™t hear it. It kind of sounds like hard plastic on metal, not quite metal on metal but I could be wrong.

I initially thought it may be coming from that C pillar but after taking it a part and adding some insulation and electrical tape Iā€™m not so sure now. Not really seeing many reports of others having this problem so figured Iā€™d reach out before I start tearing the trunk apart next.

These cars just make noise. My 2020 S550 gets this buzz out of the c-pillar area in the back passenger side.
Sponsored