• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rear Passenger Rattle

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
That'a Zig. 80% of the time he sounds like he's drunk and just quoting random people and comment with some random words that has nothing to do with what others say.
Darn, only 80%, that’s insufficient where I come from. Looks like I need to step it up. Oh well. Seem a little grumpy this morning, everything ok?

Op: I completely understand and yeah I wouldn’t want to either. One of those things that you just gotta find it and then show them and then hope they fix. A rear seat passenger might help but I suspect you’ll end up being the one sitting back there in order to locate it.
Sponsored

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
It's getting really annoying; I have half a mind to have my wife drive the car around an empty area of a parking lot or around the neighborhood while I side in the back and try to isolate the area. It's a plastic sounding, very superficial rattle. I agree that I'd rather not be without the 'Stang for too long and have to suffer with a rental; definitely on the first service I'll have them look.

OP
OP

jexsk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
It's getting really annoying; I have half a mind to have my wife drive the car around an empty area of a parking lot or around the neighborhood while I side in the back and try to isolate the area. It's a plastic sounding, very superficial rattle. I agree that I'd rather not be without the 'Stang for too long and have to suffer with a rental; definitely on the first service I'll have them look.
That’s going to be my next step as well. I had the trunk apart this morning and couldn’t find anything.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
That’s going to be my next step as well. I had the trunk apart this morning and couldn’t find anything.
Did you pull the cover over the right/passenger side of the trunk? Nothing there? That's about the closest I can think the sound comes from. Or somewhere in that area.

OP
OP

jexsk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
After riding in the back the noise is coming from this area. Sounds like a loose screw or someone left a tool. I’ve had this area apart before and nothing stood out but it’s definitely coming from here.
S650 Mustang Rear Passenger Rattle IMG_0034

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
After riding in the back the noise is coming from this area. Sounds like a loose screw or someone left a tool. I’ve had this area apart before and nothing stood out but it’s definitely coming from here.
IMG_0034.jpeg
If you find a tool in there, it's almost certain to be a 10mm socket !

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Hey! I can take a closer look into your rattling concerns if you'd like. Can you send us a PM with your VIN and dealership name/location? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
Hey! I can take a closer look into your rattling concerns if you'd like. Can you send us a PM with your VIN and dealership name/location? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".
Ford, it's not just one car. It's most from what I'm hearing. If it's found out to just need some electrical tape around the back seat latches, let us know.

OP
OP

jexsk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
My particular issue isn’t the rear seat latch, I did try the tape on the latch. Mine is coming from the wheel well area. I haven’t had a chance to remove the tire and check behind the cover though.

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
This coming from a troll who clearly doesn't understand English very well is priceless. @Zig is a helpful member of the forum.

His point was already explained, and I thought we'd moved on, but since the troll didn't get it: Zig was stating that most people don't speak up with praises for things that work. Most people with an issue will say something sooner or later. It tends to skew perspective.

Thanks for taking that much effort to write a book for me 🤣🤣🤣

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IMG_0034.jpeg
That's exactly where the noise comes from in my car as well!

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
My toe hook was rattling around where the spare tire would go. But I don't think that's your issue.

OP
OP

jexsk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
I wish it was just my tow hook but no such luck lol. I just installed my Steeda jack rails so I can jack it up and take the tire off to look in the wheel well area. I’ll let you know if I find anything

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish it was just my tow hook but no such luck lol. I just installed my Steeda jack rails so I can jack it up and take the tire off to look in the wheel well area. I’ll let you know if I find anything
I did that too... I'd love if you found something, but I removed both rear wheels and looked at both sides of the car behind the wheels, and nothing looked/acted different. 🤷🏻‍♂️ It seems it's behind the cover you showed in the picture, but it sounds like you didn't find it there either. Totally baffled.
Sponsored