• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

PSA: Don't settle on prices.

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Long story short, if you're buying from a dealership, or at least considering it, offer below msrp.

I'd been waiting months and months for my order to get scheduled, it finally got scheduled for december, but a couple weeks ago i found a listing for a car EXACTLY like mine PLUS the 301a package, which mine did not have. I offered $3,000 below msrp, and the dealership accepted my offer. Because I went out looking I am now getting my original car + a bonus package, for cheaper than the car I originally ordered.

I will never custom order another car again. Just wanted to share my experience so others know that there are other options than ordering. These things are getting made like candy at this point so chances are you can find your exact build, and get it for below msrp.
Sponsored

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
Long story short, if you're buying from a dealership, or at least considering it, offer below msrp.

I'd been waiting months and months for my order to get scheduled, it finally got scheduled for december, but a couple weeks ago i found a listing for a car EXACTLY like mine PLUS the 301a package, which mine did not have. I offered $3,000 below msrp, and the dealership accepted my offer. Because I went out looking I am now getting my original car + a bonus package, for cheaper than the car I originally ordered.

I will never custom order another car again. Just wanted to share my experience so others know that there are other options than ordering. These things are getting made like candy at this point so chances are you can find your exact build, and get it for below msrp.
Good advice for some. Glad it worked out for you, but for me personally, I tried to locate a build like mine and had zero luck finding it. Not a ton of builds similar to mine, unfortunately, and I didn’t want to settle. It helps me in that in my case, I qualify for the X-plan so I likely wouldn’t have been able to save any more than I am already.

I have seen advertised discounts at some dealerships, so it definitely wouldn’t hurt for others to give it a shot.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Good advice for some. Glad it worked out for you, but for me personally, I tried to locate a build like mine and had zero luck finding it. Not a ton of builds similar to mine, unfortunately, and I didn’t want to settle. It helps me in that in my case, I qualify for the X-plan so I likely wouldn’t have been able to save any more than I am already.

I have seen advertised discounts at some dealerships, so it definitely wouldn’t hurt for others to give it a shot.
It took me quite a while to find one when they first started coming out, but i had plenty time to look because of how long my order was taking.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual

I purchased two cars off the lot though they weren't exactly what I wanted. This time I wanted a Dark Horse and unfortunately it may be a very long time before I could get one off the lot. I am not so concerned about the money with this car which probably puts me in a different place than many on the site,

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper

Yes! Very happy for you OP. After nearly 3 years of a crazy car market, we are slowly returning to a more normal time period where we can buy a car below MSRP. There is inventory out there and much fewer buyers so dealers are getting hungry for a sale.

I would like to add that even though OP is happy with his deal, there is still improvement to be made if you are in the market for a new car. Dealers are getting better, but there are plenty that are money hungry and will play the game of lowballing trades and sliding in market adjustments into the sale. Just beware of those! :) I'm not saying dealers should not make a profit, I'm saying dealers shouldn't be in the business of ripping people off.

Congrats OP, enjoy your ride! 🍻 See you out there on the roads.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I remember buying my 2020 Silverado fully upgraded ..and having $16k in price incentives .. those were the days 🥲🥲🥲
Yeah, that COVID lockdown period was something else for deals...
Sponsored