• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Predictions thread

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I just wanted to make a thread on the current rumors and or predictions, i want to see what everyone else thinks so I’m going to post below kinda what we know and what to expect
500hp coyote it could be more or less but it won’t be 550hp
2.3 Ecoboost I’m sure isn’t going away
I’m sure we got some form of hybrid but i would be surprised if they bring it out right away
It’ll be based on the s550 or the Cd6 architecture, this has been conjecture until it’s been confirmed
Anything else I’ve missed
Sponsored

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Speculation that they'll use the tremecs in all manual mustangs and ditch the mt-82.

kendrickdlr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Marquis
Speculation that they'll use the tremecs in all manual mustangs and ditch the mt-82.
I think that's wishful thinking considering the Tremec likely costs significantly more per unit than the MT-82. From a business standpoint, it just wouldn't make any sense to go back. It's inferior to the Tremec, but it's not preventing anyone from buying the car. Hope I'm wrong 🤞🏼

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Since Ford has stated the 5.2l Voodoo cylinder heads can fit on the 5.0l Coyote block, and already has them listed in its Performance catalog, It would be nice if they installed those heads on the S650 V-8 block.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Since the S650 convertible will come out later than the coupe, it would be nice if Ford spent extra time fortifying the interior to prevent excessive sun damage on the cloth surfaces. With the excessive heat due to Climate Change, the sun fades and dry rots the cloth materials (of the interior) within a few years after purchase.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
considering the Tremec likely costs significantly more per unit than the MT-82.
complete rubbish. they are both $3000'ish at RETAIL. Now granted Ford's pricing i'm sure advantages the MT82 simply because it's Chicom instead of Mexican, and they order 100x as many.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The high performance pack eco will be the new base eco.
It'd settle for quit shipping the crap-tastic 2-pot brakes no matter what the trim - ie 4 pots on everything. And likewise everything gets the 'GT' rear brakes with the vented rotor (vented on the INNER G'D side!) and caliper instead of the pencil-thin solid rotors the EB gets saddled with. exactly how many PENNIES does Ford save with the solid rotors on a car that doesn't weight ANY different? Then lets factor in the cost of carrying said inventory.

I mean there's stupid, and then there's Ford Lawd-have-Mercy Stupid.

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,1965 Sunbeam Tiger (Stolen, Elk Heart Lake)
I predict the next specialty Mustang will have some form of the 7.3 push rod engine. Maybe a last hurrah. 850 or more HP.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I predict the next specialty Mustang will have some form of the 7.3 push rod engine. Maybe a last hurrah. 850 or more HP.
only if you turbo that thing. No way in hell you get that out of the 7.3 in NA config.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I think that's wishful thinking considering the Tremec likely costs significantly more per unit than the MT-82. From a business standpoint, it just wouldn't make any sense to go back. It's inferior to the Tremec, but it's not preventing anyone from buying the car. Hope I'm wrong 🤞🏼
This thought crossed my mind as well. How much does the tremecs cost compared to the mt-82?
If Ford was going to do some batshit over the top halo mustang, I would love to see a 5.2 predator with a hybrid system. Could feasibly make 1,000 hp. Throw in agressive styling/aero and some light weigh materials and it would be amazing.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,1965 Sunbeam Tiger (Stolen, Elk Heart Lake)
If Ford was going to do some batshit over the top halo mustang, I would love to see a 5.2 predator with a hybrid system. Could feasibly make 1,000 hp.
That would be cool too. I base my prediction off the GT350 with the 7.3 and the new intake manifold designed to fit under the hood.

only if you turbo that thing. No way in hell you get that out of the 7.3 in NA config.
Probably will be hybrid.

kendrickdlr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Marquis
complete rubbish. they are both $3000'ish at RETAIL. Now granted Ford's pricing i'm sure advantages the MT82 simply because it's Chicom instead of Mexican, and they order 100x as many.
Ford definitely isn't paying what we're paying. It's whoever can meet their desired parameters and specs within a certain timeframe at the lowest cost.
This thought crossed my mind as well. How much does the tremecs cost compared to the mt-82?
No clue, you'd have to ask a Ford bean counter. Just Googling it, I found $3895 for a new MT-82 and $4095 for a new Tremec TR-3160. But I can assure you that Ford is not paying near per unit for either of those, so it's possible the actual difference could be even higher.
I wonder if it's possible to downstroke it to 7.0 liters and make a 428 Cobra Jet or even a Boss 429 😳

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
AWD/hybrid options. (Ford Authority is the only source saying this is confirmed off the table for S650.)

Sedan/sportback body style. This one is more of a personal wish of mine. I've only heard about this being a possibility once and that was a few years ago. (At this point I'm more curious about a proper coupe or notchback body style, the latter would seem wild for me to imagine becoming a reality. But making additional coupe styles seems more feasible than a sedan/sportback at this point. Of course I'd love to be proven wrong with this point on September 14th.)

Engine options. I-4 Turbo and the 5.0 Coyote are the only confirmed ones so far. But I feel like I've heard or discussed a 6.8 or 7.3 V8 at some point as pure speculation.

These are what I remember reading here or on other hopefully reputable sites.

(Maybe one day we'll get a Mustang that's fueled by unicorn power that isn't literal waste. 😏 Whether it's better than ICE though...who knows?)
Sponsored