• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Possible UAW Strike

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
it's pelims...they will be ok.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
FYI lol… reporting live from Ford… no one wants to strike… especially when tier 2 workers see that juicy signing bonus!

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FYI lol… reporting live from Ford… no one wants to strike… especially when tier 2 workers see that juicy signing bonus!
Don't be so sure.

See GM in 2019...

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
My buddy that works manufacturing at GM has been talking about a potential and likely strike for a while now. Let’s see if they can negotiate things before the expiration daye

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My buddy that works manufacturing at GM has been talking about a potential and likely strike for a while now. Let’s see if they can negotiate things before the expiration daye
There was an article the other day that Chrysler is front-loading their production in anticipation of a strike.

They're working a ton of overtime and not shutting down this Summer.

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
Just FYI, the current contract doesn't expire until 9/14. So any strike wouldn't happen until then.

That said, I would certainly be concerned about more delays if my car hasn't been built and shipped from FRAP by then.
Exactly. and I've been more closely monitoring the ETAs due to this and they're slipping. Best case scenario I have from my dealers now is 7/27 - 8/3

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
As a uaw worker at one of the plants. The odds are very high of a strike, most of the time i feel like the contracts are pretty good and we get an okay deal. But after 2020, the big 3 have really played a lot of games with the workers, to the point a strike almost needs to happen just to fix a lot of the issues going on. The UAW also had a huge corruption issues back in 2019 and it destroyed the entire leadership. The big 3 are also in a bad spot because they love not having huge inventory on lots, keeping pricing high, profits huge. Any sort of strike will completely ruin the quarter and mess up with investors. Biden “i don’t like the guy” also has a task force watching over this like he did with the railroads. My brother is an engineer for Norfolk Southern, they were literally going to hit the Pickett line. When the White House stepping told the railroads too stfu, give them what they want and be done

It wouldn’t surprise me if the same thing happened here

Just my two cents

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I’ve been trying to prepare people, things are gonna stay the same.

I have coworkers that are years away from top rate expecting cola and pensions and a big bonus and a raise to$40/hr.
I’m just like nah, none of that… they’re gonna act like they were gonna charge you 300/wk for insurance and keep it same as before.

I don’t see a strike happening at all though, too many legacy are ready to clock out and move on, they want this little pocket money bump.
Expecting 10% or more of my plant to finally retire… some good jobs about to open up!

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I’ve been trying to prepare people, things are gonna stay the same.

I have coworkers that are years away from top rate expecting cola and pensions and a big bonus and a raise to$40/hr.
I’m just like nah, none of that… they’re gonna act like they were gonna charge you 300/wk for insurance and keep it same as before.

I don’t see a strike happening at all though, too many legacy are ready to clock out and move on, they want this little pocket money bump.
Expecting 10% or more of my plant to finally retire… some good jobs about to open up!

Normally I’d agree but this time around i don’t hear anyone saying they’re getting paid or compensated enough. And with Shaun up there throwing shade, no matter what it’ll be a good contract for the workers. It’ll come down to how bad they wanna strike

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
As a uaw worker at one of the plants. The odds are very high of a strike, most of the time i feel like the contracts are pretty good and we get an okay deal. But after 2020, the big 3 have really played a lot of games with the workers, to the point a strike almost needs to happen just to fix a lot of the issues going on. The UAW also had a huge corruption issues back in 2019 and it destroyed the entire leadership. The big 3 are also in a bad spot because they love not having huge inventory on lots, keeping pricing high, profits huge. Any sort of strike will completely ruin the quarter and mess up with investors. Biden “i don’t like the guy” also has a task force watching over this like he did with the railroads. My brother is an engineer for Norfolk Southern, they were literally going to hit the Pickett line. When the White House stepping told the railroads too stfu, give them what they want and be done

Just my two cents
I do not know what dealerships do not have inventory, but my Ford dealer is budging at the seams with them. They are out of room and are having to store some at their other buildings on the property.

Biden could give a shit less about the UAW other than he is in their pocket for their powerful votes of the members. I know not all union people are fans, trust me. I do not know the current situation at the plants, but I don't doubt one bit that the makers are in full screw worker mode these days.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I do not know what dealerships do not have inventory, but my Ford dealer is budging at the seams with them. They are out of room and Are having to store some on their other buildings on the property.

Biden could give a shit less other than the he is in their pocket for their powerful votes of the members. I know not all union people are fans, trust me. I do not know the current situation at the plants, but I don't doubt one bit that the makers are in full screw worker mode these days.
It’s a bit more complex than that and yes inventory is really low it’s under 70 days currently and it model by model. And yeah without cola they’re sticking it to the workers. Biden is a bum but i wouldn’t be surprised if he pulls the same trick he did with the railroads. The main issue with the auto plants going down is everyone else being hit not the big 3, it would ruin the economy in the Midwest till things got back to normal. I could really care less but I’m telling you flat out if this contract is crap, they’ll be a strike and things will go south.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT

Just my two cents
I'm curious and if you don't mind answering, how much of the staff at a plant are covered under the UAW?

I assume body, paint, assembly line type positions. But what about other areas, shipping, testing, facility maintenance, etc? Do those areas have their own unions?

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
It’s a bit more complex than that and yes inventory is really low it’s under 70 days currently and it model by model. And yeah without cola they’re sticking it to the workers. Biden is a bum but i wouldn’t be surprised if he pulls the same trick he did with the railroads. The main issue with the auto plants going down is everyone else being hit not the big 3, it would ruin the economy in the Midwest till things got back to normal. I could really care less but I’m telling you flat out if this contract is crap, they’ll be a strike and things will go south.
I can see it, as it has happened before. This country is very dependent upon it's auto industry.
Sponsored