• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Paying for your DH

KINGKONA

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/AE/MAGNERIDE
These are a bit pricey, what are your plans for paying for it? Making deposits with your dealer along the way?

At this moment our balance is $55k even still owed.

My dealer has not turned down additional money. So going to keep up that trend as long as possible.
I really don't understand what you're asking.

Do you think your dealership is expecting monthly payments or something?
Sponsored

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Check! I have been attempting to buy a mustang for close to a year now but I was never able to catch the order book when it was open. I have been stashing money away in the checking account with the goal of having it available when I needed it. I should be writing the check sometime in July if things go according to plan.

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
Nope.

As timd38 says, we too are going cash, financing stuff is over rated as you age. My dealer has not turned down additional money. So going to keep up that trend as long as possible.
But why? You could at the very least put that money into a 4% savings account with 0 risk at all and make a few hundred to a few thousand before your Dark Horse arrives. Of course a dealer won't turn down extra money, but that doesn't make it a smart choice...

OP
OP
Ryunker

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
But why? You could at the very least put that money into a 4% savings account with 0 risk at all and make a few hundred to a few thousand before your Dark Horse arrives. Of course a dealer won't turn down extra money, but that doesn't make it a smart choice...
True, paying for this ride is stressful and a tad stretch to the finances. Once we get the "cash to close" on the DH to a reasonable number, the stress on the home front will come down to a manageable level. Lower stress is priceless.

OP
OP
Ryunker

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really don't understand what you're asking.

Do you think your dealership is expecting monthly payments or something?
Some here worry about "mods", "playlists" and doing brakes. In my life none of that matters until the car is paid for.

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
True, paying for this ride is stressful and a tad stretch to the finances. Once we get the "cash to close" on the DH to a reasonable number, the stress on the home front will come down to a manageable level. Lower stress is priceless.
And what difference would it make to put the money in the savings account instead of paying your dealer early for a car that you haven't even taken possession of yet?

The only difference is losing out on a lot of good, free money to help lower that stress and reduce the amount you have to pay out of pocket even more.

🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
Ryunker

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And what difference would it make to put the money in the savings account instead of paying your dealer early for a car that you haven't even taken possession of yet?

The only difference is losing out on a lot of good, free money to help lower that stress and reduce the amount you have to pay out of pocket even more.

🤷‍♂️
Self control

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
The only loan I have in my life is a mortgage on my house because it is almost impossible to buy a house with your own money.

Other than that, I will never ever use loans. If I can't afford something, I don't buy it.

That's why I'm still not a Mustang owner

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
Whats this?
Disappeared on me, only seeing mid 5’s now. If it comes back, which it probably will I wi
The only loan I have in my life is a mortgage on my house because it is almost impossible to buy a house with your own money.

Other than that, I will never ever use loans. If I can't afford something, I don't buy it.

While I suppose that is a safe way to live your financial life, using loans does not equate to not being able to afford something. Let's say you have 80K for your mustang earning a fixed 6% return and someone offers you 3% financing on your mustang. The smart financial decision is to take the financing an net 3% on your money.

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Disappeared on me, only seeing mid 5’s now. If it comes back, which it probably will I wi

While I suppose that is a safe way to live your financial life, using loans does not equate to not being able to afford something. Let's say you have 80K for your mustang earning a fixed 6% return and someone offers you 3% financing on your mustang. The smart financial decision is to take the financing an net 3% on your money.
I don't agree with financing can be a better option.

If financing was benificial for us, the people who give you the loan wont't profit out of it.

I understand some people think it is a good way of doing stuff because it is grown into their system and culture, but no.

No one gives you money for free.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
We’ve literally had free money given to us for the last 15 years… what are you even talking about?

maybe you aren’t in the U.S.A. ?

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
I don't agree with financing can be a better option.

If financing was benificial for us, the people who give you the loan wont't profit out of it.

I understand some people think it is a good way of doing stuff because it is grown into their system and culture, but no.

No one gives you money for free.
Not sure of the options you see across the pond and agree there will be no financing options which beat cash on the 24 Mustang. But as a general statement, in the US you couldn’t be more wrong. Vehicle manufacturers have incentive to clear out inventory and as a result will offer 0% financing on select vehicles. Given most online savings accounts now offer rates approaching 4% you would be stupid to drain that cash to pay for a vehicle that you can get 0% financing on.

S650 Mustang Paying for your DH IMG_0171

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
Not sure of the options you see across the pond and agree there will be no financing options which beat cash on the 24 Mustang. But as a general statement, in the US you couldn’t be more wrong. Vehicle manufacturers have incentive to clear out inventory and as a result will offer 0% financing on select vehicles. Given most online savings accounts now offer rates approaching 4% you would be stupid to drain that cash to pay for a vehicle that you can get 0% financing on.

IMG_0171.png
The reason they offer 0% for a while is because almost no one who does these deals pays off their cars in the given timeframe, then they end up owing plenty of interest. These companies are not stupid enough to lose money on finance agreements. On the other hand, they do mess up marketing and quality control quite often.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

You have a go fund me in your signature, if you could afford it it still wouldn't be "your own money"
Sponsored