• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DH packages

Jays Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse
I bought the Handling Package on my DH.
Does anybody know of it is literally just different rims and racing tires? Aside from the adjustable top strut mount?
If so I think I would have preferred to leave the GT performance package on there and just get a second set of rims and tires. It would have been a lot cheaper. I must be missing something to justify the 4995 price hike?
Sponsored

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
Does anybody know of it is literally just different rims and racing tires? Aside from the adjustable top strut mount?
If so I think I would have preferred to leave the GT performance package on there and just get a second set of rims and tires. It would have been a lot cheaper. I must be missing something to justify the 4995 price hike?
I know strut assembly including mount has the same part numbers. So yes I'm my view a real expensive set of tires and wheels.

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
Some claim they have thicker anti-sway bars and ya da ya da to justify the 5k price tag, but afaik - just the wider tires, wheels, splitters and the camber adjustment make the HP package. Sway bars have the same thickness..

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
Hope you enjoy your DH! When ordering mine I decided I would not ever really need the handling package & figured it would delay build-delivery. Ha Ha waited forever anyway see signature. Really unless you actually intend on taking it to a race track on the regular I see no need for the handling package. JMO!

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
And i plan to track my Non HP DH anyway. Just get adjustable camber plates and you’re done. Wheels and tires obv will be a track set and the ones the DH HP gets are no track wheels - they are heavy!

OP
OP
Jays Stang

Jays Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse
And i plan to track my Non HP DH anyway. Just get adjustable camber plates and you’re done. Wheels and tires obv will be a track set and the ones the DH HP gets are no track wheels - they are heavy!
Can you explain the camber to me?
I've already switched out the race tires and rims to all seasons.
20x11 20x11.5. I'll switch back in the summer.
Is there anything I need to know about the camber when switching between wheel sets?

DrkHrs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
My 2015 GT started life as a base model and when I traded it in, it was half GT350, half performance pack. I ordered the DH with a Handling Pack. I would not have gone with it if it was not going to be a dedicated track car.

My understanding is it comes with the wheels, more aero, upgraded spoiler with gurney flap, upgraded sway bars, chassis tuning, tow hook, and adjustable strut top mounts. They also call it a "Magnetic damping system" instead of "Magneride" so there's supposedly different tuning for that as well.

monzaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse

monzaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Hi, I purchased my DH in August and got it a week before Thanksgiving, I got every package except carbon rims and the painted hood, how do I know if I truly have the adjustable strut tops, as looking at aftermarket the adjustment is on the top of the strut tower no jacking up required, I don't have that ability to do that, can you send me pics of your tops to see if it's the same. Thanks so muck
S650 Mustang DH packages 1000010029

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Attached are photos of the plates for prior years.

Notice the pin in the plate. HP cars (adjustable) have the pin. Non-HP do not.

Edit: from the 2024 Order Guide.

Dark Horse Handling Package *
• 19” X 10.5” (F) 19” X 11” (R) Tarnished Dark-Tarnished Dark- painted Aluminum Wheels with 305/30R19 (F) 315/30R19 (R) Tires
• Adjustable Strut Top Mounts Note: Installed at Plant
• Front Towing Hooks
• Magnetic Damping System
• Performance Rear Spoiler w/Gurney Flap – Painted Shadow
Black
• Revised Chassis Tuning

* I reviewed a few, early Ford DH documents. There might be some other, subtle changes I'm not aware of, between the HP and non-HP cars.

S650 Mustang DH packages camber plates adjusting 001

S650 Mustang DH packages camber plates adjusting 002
Sponsored

Last edited: