• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
https://www.threads.net/t/CuXhBXWPxPM/

Ford released a teaser sketch on Threads Thursday (above) showing off the rear of the Dark Horse R, where we can see quad exhaust pipes, a roll cage, and a production-like wing.

The Dark Horse R will be the fourth of six total Mustang race cars Ford plans to unveil this year. Meant to sit below the Mustang GT4, it's based on the Dark Horse road car but features additional seam welding to improve stiffness, a larger fuel tank, and unique wheels. Ford has said it plans to add upgrades to qualify the car for various racing series, though the company hasn't said which championships we should expect to see it.

Going by Ford's intial announcement back in September, there should be two more track-only Mustang variants on the way. The Dark Horse S will slot under the Dark Horse R, being based solely on the road car with no upgrades other than safety equipment, meant more for casual track work than outright competition. Then there's the Mustang destined for NHRA Factory X drag racing, which we know very little about right now.

S650 Mustang Official: Dark Horse R Mustang Race Car Teased with Reveal Coming July 27! Screenshot 2023-07-07 at 12.10.32 PM

S650 Mustang Official: Dark Horse R Mustang Race Car Teased with Reveal Coming July 27! dark-horse-r-mustang-teaser
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
“Threads saw it first” 😐

sir5574

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
great..... so dealers can just mark them up...

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
These threads are starting to sound a lot like the 2015 S550 model threads bitching about this and bitching about that. Now it’s the greatest Mustang ever built. And let’s move to bitching about the new S650 model. That’s what’s nauseating

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
These threads are starting to sound a lot like the 2015 S550 model threads bitching about this and bitching about that. Now it’s the greatest Mustang ever built. And let’s move to bitching about the new S650 model. That’s what’s nauseating
Remember how ford really missed the mark with the Mach 1 before it went on sale? It doesn't have a Shaker hood! It's just a parts bin car! No way this pays homage to Mach 1's of the past regardless of its sticker package. The price is so close to GT350 money!

I don't hear any of these grumblings now.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Remember how ford really missed the mark with the Mach 1 before it went on sale? It doesn't have a Shaker hood! It's just a parts bin car! No way this pays homage to Mach 1's of the past regardless of its sticker package. The price is so close to GT350 money!

Oh I’ll second that, Mach 1 is definitely a parts bin car with no shaker hood!

OP
OP
Dub347sbf

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse

I do. I was one that was not vocal but thought that. Didn't think it would hold a candle to a GT350. Imagine my surprise when the HP cars were hanging with GT350R times. Made me a believer.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
I'm still not sold on the mach 1 with those half assed fog light inserts. If youre not going it give them from factory dont add the fake shit. Ive said it before but shape wise the S550 was a downgrade over the S197 (too European imo), especially compared to the later 13's and 14's. Internals were all nice though, especially the IRS (remember when people were complaining that the IRS would be shit?).

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I'm still not sold on the mach 1 with those half assed fog light inserts. If youre not going it give them from factory dont add the fake shit. Ive said it before but shape wise the S550 was a downgrade over the S197 (too European imo), especially compared to the later 13's and 14's. Internals were all nice though, especially the IRS (remember when people were complaining that the IRS would be shit?).
LOL…. You are aware those “fake fog lights” are removable for more air to get into the engine bay during track days right? I know this because I owned one and watched and listened to every clip made by the engineers to explain the technology behind the car…

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
LOL…. You are aware those “fake fog lights” are removable for more air to get into the engine bay during track days right? I know this because I owned one and watched and listened to every clip made by the engineers to explain the technology behind the car…
damn, if only there were a way to make it so someone didnt need to remove an insert into a fake fog light in order to allow more air to get through said fake fog light...

also from what ive read online, that being the intended use is just not true, first off, what would they be cooling? the radiator thats already cooled? the one on the drivers side just leads to the air box which is blocked off, theres nowhere for that air to go due to the radiator shroud.

also there are multiple articles and forum posts talking about them being used as aftermarket light inserts and even a couple quoting Ford as saying the inserts are just for show:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/mach-1-fog-lights.170483/
https://www.allfordmustangs.com/threads/2023-mach-1-fake-grille-intakes.1108925/
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b...16/ford-debut-2021-mustang-mach-1/5345920002/
https://www.motor1.com/news/430151/mustnag-mach-1-grille-inserts/

now dont get me wrong, i dont doubt that you did that with your car, personally i dont care what you did with your car, its your car, not mine. but from all available information, Ford did not design it with that purpose in mind and, as such, seems useless to me

ChuckBilodeau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Race car.
Back to the Darkhorse R.

I was really hoping this car would be a discount GT4 without having to follow the regulations of the class. Something like a GT4 with a tremec trans, no carbon body panels, no complicated fuel system, etc. I'll wait until we know more about the car but that stock rear wing kinda says track ready stockish car with a cage and brakes... I was expecting that from the S.

Anyway we'll see.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer ST, 2001 Avalon
Back to the Darkhorse R.

I was really hoping this car would be a discount GT4 without having to follow the regulations of the class. Something like a GT4 with a tremec trans, no carbon body panels, no complicated fuel system, etc. I'll wait until we know more about the car but that stock rear wing kinda says track ready stockish car with a cage and brakes... I was expecting that from the S.

Anyway we'll see.
I had the exact same thought.
I'm fairly certain the picture is not accurate. The Boss 302S had a wing, the FP350S had a wing, the DH R should have a wing to follow suit.

I'm thinking the same: DH S is a regular DH with basic safety equipment and the R is the "race car" without a rulebook.

OP
OP
Dub347sbf

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Sponsored