• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Non-Performance Pack GT Handling

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Do non-PP GTs feel significantly different from PP GTs when turning the vehicle? Can they be just as fun to drive overall, even without the unique stuff the Performance Pack has?
Sponsored

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
Do non-PP GTs feel significantly different from PP GTs when turning the vehicle? Can they be just as fun to drive overall, even without the unique stuff the Performance Pack has?
im going to say yes as my 2015 was a non-pp GT and i had no issues running it like others do with the PP.

I do have a set of 2024 GT PP Springs for sale, which is a large part of what makes the performance.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
I think it all depends on what car you are coming from.....

If you are coming from a truck jeep cuv suv or a Mustang built in the 80s or 90s or even early 2000s then a non PP GT is going to feel like a freaking race car ....

If you are coming from a more modern sports car- opinions can vary / may or may not differ

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
im going to say yes as my 2015 was a non-pp GT and i had no issues running it like others do with the PP.

I do have a set of 2024 GT PP Springs for sale, which is a large part of what makes the performance.
Which springs did you replace the stock PP springs with? I'm looking to lower my PP Magnaride vert but dont' want it to ride much harder.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Which springs did you replace the stock PP springs with? I'm looking to lower my PP Magnaride vert but dont' want it to ride much harder.
If you're swapping springs to lower your car, you'll definitely experience a harsher ride because the springs will be stiffer. Why? If lowering springs were simply shorter springs having the exact same spring rate, you'd bottom out more easily, as you've doing nothing more than giving up some travel. Lowering springs are stiffer to compensate for less travel.

OP
OP
BoostRabbitGT

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I think it all depends on what car you are coming from.....

If you are coming from a truck jeep cuv suv or a Mustang built in the 80s or 90s or even early 2000s then a non PP GT is going to feel like a freaking race car ....

If you are coming from a more modern sports car- opinions can vary / may or may not differ
I'd be coming from a '19 EcoBoost without the Performance Pack.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
I'd be coming from a '19 EcoBoost without the Performance Pack.

I would spend the extra money on the PP then.....

Ecoboost with PP has a nice balance with less weight over the front wheels- if you enjoy corners - I wouldnt go from a EcoBoost PP to a non PP GT .....

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
If you're swapping springs to lower your car, you'll definitely experience a harsher ride because the springs will be stiffer. Why? If lowering springs were simply shorter springs having the exact same spring rate, you'd bottom out more easily, as you've doing nothing more than giving up some travel. Lowering springs are stiffer to compensate for less travel.
That's why I would probably use progressive coil springs to lower my GT PP Magna instead of straight coils. I was just asking as to which springs you replaced the stock PP springs with. Were you going for a lowered ride height, better handling and how did you find the ride after you changed them?

OP
OP
BoostRabbitGT

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I would spend the extra money on the PP then.....

Ecoboost with PP has a nice balance with less weight over the front wheels- if you enjoy corners - I wouldnt go from a EcoBoost PP to a non PP GT .....
I'd be going from a non-PP EcoBoost to a non-PP GT. 😅

I guess the deciding factor for me would be if I prefer creature comforts over raw performance...

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
That's why I would probably use progressive coil springs to lower my GT PP Magna instead of straight coils. I was just asking as to which springs you replaced the stock PP springs with. Were you going for a lowered ride height, better handling and how did you find the ride after you changed them?
I haven't - that wasn't me, I was just responding. Sure, progressive rate lowering springs will be an improvement over linear rate lowering springs, but they'll both still be harsher than factory.

Good luck! I'll probably do the same in the future.

PHISPCL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2024

Inbox my your price on the GT PP [email protected]

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium 401a, Auto, AE, Atlas Blue
I'd be going from a non-PP EcoBoost to a non-PP GT. 😅

I guess the deciding factor for me would be if I prefer creature comforts over raw performance...
One thing to consider is that replacing springs, anti-sway bars, etc is relatively doable. Adding creature comforts to the interior *can* be done but in general it's a PITA and very expensive.
Just a thought.
Sponsored