• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
A definate improvement over the current design.
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Certainly possible. The latest Shelbys were US only.
Most special editions or packages were not available in export markets. I never understood why, the Mustang is already priced really high here and from what I heard from most Mustangs owner is that they wish they could order more US exclusive stuff on top.

Also a lot of cars are making good money by giving people individual design choices like brake & seat belt colors, wheel center caps, black exhaust tips, etc. It would be a no brainer to add this to the Gen 7 for profit.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Also a lot of cars are making good money by giving people individual design choices like brake & seat belt colors, wheel center caps, black exhaust tips, etc. It would be a no brainer to add this to the Gen 7 for profit.
I can just see it now, cars with mis-matched seat belt colors, wheel center caps and silver exhaust on one side and black on the other.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I can just see it now, cars with mis-matched seat belt colors, wheel center caps and silver exhaust on one side and black on the other.
And collectors thinking those are the best cars and that they need to be preserved.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Most special editions or packages were not available in export markets. I never understood why, the Mustang is already priced really high here and from what I heard from most Mustangs owner is that they wish they could order more US exclusive stuff on top.
I am guessing at has to do with certification and/or import restrictions on certain features or configurations that make it not cost effective for low volume editions. The reverse also happens, there are cars available in Europe that cannot be imported into the US for street use.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I am guessing at has to do with certification and/or import restrictions on certain features or configurations that make it not cost effective for low volume editions. The reverse also happens, there are cars available in Europe that cannot be imported into the US for street use.
Yes, most likely someone calculates how many cars they have to sell to get back certification costs for new wheels and stuff like that and then decides what's worth it. I think even if they demand more money for packages in export markets than on us markets, people would easily order it. So hopefully if they make a new anniversary model it will come to europe. I still think the 50Y model with the grille and the chrome bezels around the rear lights is one of the best looking S550 models.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Shelbys not available in Europe is simply because of emissions and homologation again. It's not worth their money to have it approved for small amount of cars sold. Changed parts to comply with local laws, lowering power to lower emissions a bit. Paying for all the WLTP testing for different combinations (weights)... Now when the fleet limit is lower the amount of sold cars is 30% or less than what it was in 2018. And with EURO 7 coming, I strongly doubt they'll even sell them here at all.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Shelbys not available in Europe is simply because of emissions and homologation again. It's not worth their money to have it approved for small amount of cars sold. Changed parts to comply with local laws, lowering power to lower emissions a bit. Paying for all the WLTP testing for different combinations (weights)... Now when the fleet limit is lower the amount of sold cars is 30% or less than what it was in 2018. And with EURO 7 coming, I strongly doubt they'll even sell them here at all.
Chevrolet is still bringing the new C8 Z06 to Europe, you can still buy other cars with that much power like McLarens, Audi R8, etc. It's just that Ford doesn't think it's worth it. I know people who bought their GT350 or GT500 from an import dealer who did all the emission stuff by themselves to get the car on the street (it's not as tricky as making a full production car legal a carmaker, but still not an easy job). To make that clear, people are spending 150k€ (which currently is about $153k) on an imported GT500. It's safe to say Ford would easily get all their investment back to bring Shelby models to europe even for a higher price than the US market.

They just don't really get the european market and think people wouldn't want performance here, from a German standpoint it's just dumb. Not bringing the PP2 and later the Performance package for the Mach 1 to europe was a big letdown to many people.

ColdShotxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT AT 3.15