• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New dark horse vs used 2020 gt500

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
No pedal actuation. No shift throw. That manual hand and foot engagement to the vehicle adds depth to the experience.

It's not. Drive it, you'll feel the clutches engage.
It literally drives identical to a stick shift car, it's just "clutch pedal-less"
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
No pedal actuation. No shift throw. That manual hand and foot engagement to the vehicle adds depth to the experience.
In fairness, I have zero issue with automatics. Plenty of amazing DCTs and traditional planetary + torque converter boxes out there, and on cars with madlad power outputs and high strung chassis, it sometimes even makes sense as the ā€œcorrectā€ gearbox for the job

But donā€™t call a square a circle

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
In fairness, I have zero issue with automatics. Plenty of amazing DCTs and traditional planetary + torque converter boxes out there, and on cars with madlad power outputs and high strung chassis, it sometimes even makes sense as the ā€œcorrectā€ gearbox for the job

But donā€™t call a square a circle
I agree. It behaves like a manual in some instances, but it absolutely is not one.

IDK if I prefer it to the Tremec though...

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
I set my search for the whole country. Found 3 around 75 and lots in the low 80s.

The 65k is not out there yet but will be as the car market continues to decline.
And the dealership will sell it for MSRP? Because every single one I called, they have 15-20 ADM...

OP
OP

5.4dreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 gt500
Seems like the gt500 will be the choice if you plan on doing a lot of racing. Dark Horse appears to be more balanced, and focused on the experience with the manual and everything. In other words, do you want the best lap time or the most engaging experience? That will be the deciding factor.
I like doing both. My last 2 cats were zl1 1le and gt350.
And the dealership will sell it for MSRP? Because every single one I called, they have 15-20 ADM...
I think that will die down in adm. If I'm wrong I just don't get one. I'm also willing to buy used so if mid 70s is possible I'll take 1.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
You had a ZL1 1LE? Now Iā€™m all confused, but that could be a different thread šŸ˜‚

OP
OP

5.4dreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 gt500
You had a ZL1 1LE? Now Iā€™m all confused, but that could be a different thread šŸ˜‚
I've had 2šŸ«£šŸ«£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£. Had a zl1 1le sold it, bought a gt350 a year later, missed the power of the zl1 1le got another 1. The gt350 lasted a month just wasn't for me.

After typing the above I realize I'll just save for a gt500. I don't like modding cars so I need the factory power.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Yeah the gt500 for 65k or a new one for 75k would be awesome.

As much as I like the DH I think you are right about value, it's just not there at that price point. If it can be had with handling pack for 60k would be nice.
You also have to think that the GT500 is a MUCH more pricy car to daily than the DH will be. Also insurance. Now if you are talking weekend fun only then GT500 all day long.

But the GT500(I could be wrong on this one) uses a bit more oil, has wider tires(assuming at this point), and some of its body panels/wheels would cost more to replace if there is an accident. Also it would likely be up a bracket in Insurance where the DH would likely just be marked as a trim packaged GT. Also MPG on a blown 5.2L vs a NA 5.0. So it really depends on the use case of the car.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
It's not. Drive it, you'll feel the clutches engage.
It literally drives identical to a stick shift car, it's just "clutch pedal-less"
No 3rd petal, so its AUTOMATICALY doing it for you? Yeah, I thought so.

OP
OP

5.4dreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 gt500
You also have to think that the GT500 is a MUCH more pricy car to daily than the DH will be. Also insurance. Now if you are talking weekend fun only then GT500 all day long.

But the GT500(I could be wrong on this one) uses a bit more oil, has wider tires(assuming at this point), and some of its body panels/wheels would cost more to replace if there is an accident. Also it would likely be up a bracket in Insurance where the DH would likely just be marked as a trim packaged GT. Also MPG on a blown 5.2L vs a NA 5.0. So it really depends on the use case of the car.
Because of worth it won't be a daily but I do drive and track my cars as often as possible. I don't think it will be any worse then my zl1 1le.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
There are several for sale on autotrader near me. They range from $125,000 CDN ($90,845.50 USD) to $165,000 ($120,883.13 USD). Prices are still at joke levels.

I'd bet this guy drove it home from the dealership and realized he couldn't afford the gas or payments. 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Fastback - Burlington (autotrader.ca)
Itā€™s depressing how normalized ADMs are at this point. It affects the used market as a result

Like Iā€™m not even surprised

Iā€™ve passed up three cars over the past couple of years because I refuse to be a sucker that promotes these pig practices

Ironic that dealerships were originally put in place to protect buyers

OP
OP

5.4dreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 gt500
Itā€™s depressing how normalized ADMs are at this point. It affects the used market as a result

Like Iā€™m not even surprised

Iā€™ve passed up three cars over the past couple of years because I refuse to be a sucker that promotes these pig practices

Ironic that dealerships were originally put in place to protect buyers
Well said man.

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD: 2016 Mustang V6
The DH is better for daily drive and with 6-speed tranny will have lower insurance costs and better gas mileage then GT500. I do love the GT500 looks but so do all car thieves lately. The car screems "Money and Power" to them all. Buy a DH and put the GT front bumper and you got a look of regular GT less attractive to criminal elements and COPs.
Sponsored