• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mustang Seat Buckle

Idriveachevy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
c8, yukon, mustang
Is this normal? The buckle is from a 24 mustang, but looks like its several years old

S650 Mustang Mustang Seat Buckle 20240130_095041
Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
both of mine look like that as well

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
The seatbelts have been like that since new. The motor was changed dude.... no biggie, car runs fine

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
https://www.fictiv.com/articles/corrosion-vs-oxidation-vs-rust

The link above is a detailed read, but it helps to define the distinction between oxidation, corrosion and rust.

Specific to your issue, it appears the surface is oxidizing, creating a patina on the surface. Removing the patina may alter the exterior surface, what's exposed to the air, accelerate the process or make it worse over time. Unless you encounter rot, flaking or physical deterioration, I'd leave it be.

People living in costal areas might experience more of the phenomenon than those in drier regions. Type of metal, how the metal was finished and/or plated and environmental factors (air temperature, humidity, "saltiness" of the air) are all contributing factors.

Last edited:

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I think itā€™s not the belt buckle itself but the plastic is ā€œwhiteningā€. Itā€™s been like that on mine since it was delivered. Iā€™d Bet wipes like Armor All would lessen it and maybe look like itā€™s supposed to. I havenā€™t had a chance to try it yet.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Idriveachevy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
c8, yukon, mustang
Thanks for the replies. Ima try and clean it today. Car is new so thought it was a bit odd with the discoloration.
Sponsored