• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mustang Panel Alignment Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
  • Banned
I really wanted to configurate a Mustang. But the panel alignment issues on the Mustang are a big mis and I can't live with the idea of configurating a brand new Mustang and after delivery I will see miss alignment like this one on the picture.

From almost all the Mustang S650, they had issues with the hood or trunk.

This is for me a BIG NO GO to buy the car without inspecting it.

Unfortunately I have to wait a longer period to buy a S650 GT with Premium spec and 401A equipment.

Only buying this car when it's a dealer allocation and after inspecting the panels.

I see people have zero issues with alignment issues like these. But I compare this alignment to a totalled car that was tried to fix it back up.

Shame on Ford for selling brand new cars like they were totalled.

S650 Mustang Mustang Panel Alignment Problems Screenshot_20230409_121137_YouTube
Sponsored

Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
The photo referenced, it's from a test mule, PreProduction car? If so, large variations would be expected.

The Mustang is a mass production, US model. Panel alignment is something often noticed and commented on, but for most, not an issue.

In those instances where something is received which comes close to the above, it's documented upon receipt and worked out with the dealer, under warranty. If the salesperson is not receptive to the buyer's concerns, some avenues:

- Discussions with the General Manager

- Refusing to take receipt of the car

- Opening a case with Ford

- Abstaining from taking the customer survey, effectively withholding the salesperson's commission

We often see and joke about the gaps. For the overwhelming majority of us, they are not significant enough to either open cases or have repaired.

In my example, Skye's doors could be aligned better. Not with respect to gaps, but how deep or shallow they sit in the door well. Could you see it walking by? No. Can you feel it? Yes. Impact to windows, door operation, rattles and sounds? None.

Most body problems I've become aware of are 1) paint issues from factory, 2) damage in shipment, 3) damage during dealer "detailing" and prep

Last edited:

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 2022 MT
Those preproduction PP cars are not consumer cars. They must be crushed at some point before MP - Mass Production. I donā€™t know if it is because of a law or for other long term concerns.

Between PP and MP, there is TT - Tooling Trials. Those, I believe, are not necessarily crushed. But alignement concerns should be voiced on a TT or MP since they would use the official factory tooling and assembly process. For all we know, the PP might be assembled by hand by R&D staff.

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
  • Banned
Those preproduction PP cars are not consumer cars. They must be crushed at some point before MP - Mass Production. I donā€™t know if it is because of a law or for other long term concerns.

Between PP and MP, there is TT - Tooling Trials. Those, I believe, are not necessarily crushed. But alignement concerns should be voiced on a TT or MP since they would use the official factory tooling and assembly process. For all we know, the PP might be assembled by hand by R&D staff.
That's not the reason why the panels als not wel aligned.

I also see A LOT of S550's with the same issues.

It's something Ford does and a lot of people take it for granted.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
It's something Ford does and a lot of people take it for granted.
We do not necessarily take it for granted but we are understanding that our cars are far from perfect. Of course it shouldnā€™t be that way but it is what it is. Honestly I forget about my carā€™s imperfections the second I start the Coyote.

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
  • Banned
We do not necessarily take it for granted but we are understanding that our cars are far from perfect. Of course it shouldnā€™t be that way but it is what it is. Honestly I forget about my carā€™s imperfections the second I start the Coyote.
This is exactly what I mean. You don't care about it that much.

I can't live with the idea buying a brand new car that looks like it was totalled and fixed up.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
This is exactly what I mean. You don't care about it that much.

I can't live with the idea buying a brand new car that looks like it was totalled and fixed up.
Oh, please do not misunderstand, I certainly do care, and I have a detailing closet to prove it. But I have set my expectations to match the car. Itā€™s certainly not my Jaguar or my Infinitiā€™s but mine is not that bad. Little stuff here and there that I wouldnā€™t let a dealer touch. But I certainly would not accept a car that looked like it was an accident repair. No one should.

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
  • Banned
Oh, please do not misunderstand, I certainly do care, and I have a detailing closet to prove it. But I have set my expectations to match the car. Itā€™s certainly not my Jaguar or my Infinitiā€™s but mine is not that bad. Little stuff here and there that I wouldnā€™t let a dealer touch. But I certainly would not accept a car that looked like it was an accident repair. No one should.
LOL

The fact that you think only expensive luxury vehicles have better alignment worries me.

My VW Polo, budget Renault Clio, Toyota Yaris, Peugeot 307 and all them cars had a better alignment. WAY better than Ford.

Ford is just super bad in this. No need to cover them up by telling that it is not a Jaguar.

It's a sham thata great pony car that costs over 50k looks like an aftermarket built car.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
The fact that you think only expensive luxury vehicles have better alignment worries me.
Actually my wifeā€™s old Escapeā€™s were put together better as well. My last American car before my Mustangs was a 2003 Taurus. I honestly do not remember it.

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Actually my wifeā€™s old Escapeā€™s were put together better as well. My last American car before my Mustangs was a 2003 Taurus. I honestly do not remember it.
Then why using the argument that it's not a Jaguar?

The Mustang has bad fitments all over the generations. I adress this issue and it has nothing to do with "it's not a Jaguar".

The Mustang is a great car and it hurts me that they lack in this. For me it is a big issue.

Because of this I am not configurating a car but have to wait for the Mustangs to appear in the showrooms to choose the one with the least flaws in fitment.

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Just because itā€™s the last couple of cars Iā€™ve owned. Itā€™s my point of comparison.
A Mustang has a lot of issues with fitment. Just look around you. They are not even shy to showcase a new model which is not even around yet as a totalled one. And it's not even 1 showcase model. I saw more.

Not all Mustangs have issues, but many do.

The guys who don't have this issues are the one who say: "Well, I think it's fine. My Mustang has none of that".

But they forget that many do have these problems and it is someting we have to point out a bit more as a community.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/panel-gap-issues.108309/

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Are you still gonna be here complaining while we're all driving around in our S650's having fun ?

Can't wait to get my "totalled" car šŸ¤£

Mizzle51

Green Machine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Prem 401A PP1
I had a 15 GT and have a 21 GT right now. The 15 had panel gaps all misaligned because it was built a month into the run of S550s. It also had massive problems with the interior rattling around the dashboard and glovebox. My 21 has neither of those problems. Out of them guess which one I cared about? The rattles.

You don't see the panel gaps when you drive. But you will hear that rattling shit. If I were OP that would be the hill I'm more worried about with first year of a new generation. Getting uppity about Panel gaps on an American car? Maybe time to buy European...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.