• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP - Gone
I'm about two generations older than you, and I don't equate speed or acceleration potential to the sound of a V8 either.
I think of 190hp Corvettes and 300hp Mustangs and clapped out chargers making all kinds of racket. Like a bigger version of a mufflerless n/a 4cyl wheezing to redline with all its might.
Sponsored

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
This is disingenuous, Cars are at the fore front of affordable economies of scale.

None of use could afford 10 year old aerospace fuel cell tech as is... Unless we got lucky on Government Liquidators. There is a reason cars don't represent the computation power of current computers.

One, cost.
Two, they would service most OEM durability testing.

That takes time, to get the technology to a level where it is profitable and affordable to the consumer.
Next you be telling me the toilet on the space shuttle was worth $19M. Why do you think Trump cancelled the Boeing contract for Air Force One? The technology in question would be negotiated based on volume discounts
not subject to kickbacks and waste as our Government is known for.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
While I have no interest in the Hybrid Mustang. Honestly I think it will only help the GT. This could be blessing in many ways.

There may be a Federal grant or company/program incentive to electrify for CAFE targets. They will likely want to keep the car as light a possible.

The Hybrid Mustang much like the Ford Performance variants may help advance new tools, component technical cost, and redesigns to get weight out of the whole vehicle, not just unique panels and components to the hybrid system.

Have fun trying to mod that. No thanks.
Electric motors are simple and reliable, have you seen the scales of performance in the RC world with brushless motors?

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
While I have no interest in the Hybrid Mustang. Honestly I think it will only help the GT. This could be blessing in many ways.

There may be a Federal grant or company/program incentive to electrify for CAFE targets. They will likely want to keep the car as light a possible.

The Hybrid Mustang much like the Ford Performance variants may help advance new tools, component technical cost, and redesigns to get weight out of the whole vehicle, not just unique panels and components to the hybrid system.

Electric motors are simple and reliable, have you seen the scales of performance in the RC world with brushless motors?
How many modded teslas you seen? I havent seen one thats going faster than what it came fron the factory with. Its hardly going to be cheap nor ideal for performance. Lets not kid ourselves here. If i wanted a hyrbid id buy a prius and for as much money as a tesla cost there is a lot of other cars worth buying for performance. Is it neat, i suppose.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Next you be telling me the toilet on the space shuttle was worth $19M. Why do you think Trump cancelled the Boeing contract for Air Force One? The technology in question would be negotiated based on volume discounts
not subject to kickbacks and waste as our Government is known for.
Trump has no authority yet, and frankly that has no bearing on the conversation.

Getting new technology to a cost, and production level for a automobile is difficult, and takes time.

Why do you think Mercedes and BMW's are so expensive? They are pushing already vetted automotive technologies first. You pay for that, and that is why there high end products devaluate so quickly.

There is alot of advanced battery technology, Aluminum oxide batteries for example. That make a 300 mile electric range Tesla a joke. But getting that into a mass produced product that meet all federal motor vehicle requirements, and at a price point you can afford is again difficult.

99gtp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Will a tune void the battery warranty?

Spooky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Have fun trying to mod that. No thanks.

Maybe so...but when FI came into play in the mid 80"s on the Fox bodies I cant believe how much complaining I heard about modifying them (Myself included). Now look where we are...

just sayin...

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Trump has no authority yet, and frankly that has no bearing on the conversation.

Getting new technology to a cost, and production level for a automobile is difficult, and takes time.

Why do you think Mercedes and BMW's are so expensive? They are pushing already vetted automotive technologies first. You pay for that, and that is why there high end products devaluate so quickly.

There is alot of advanced battery technology, Aluminum oxide batteries for example. That make a 300 mile electric range Tesla a joke. But getting that into a mass produced product that to meet all federal motor vehicle requirements, and at a price point you can afford is again difficult.
The big three (3) have volume sales Mercedes could only wish for, the cancellation of Air Force One does have bearing on this discussion since you think fuel cell technology is not affordable for the masses. Business men in the real world would never spend the monies our Government pays for technology

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Will a tune void the battery warranty?
Hell extending the prius to stay running off the battery (you also add another battery for this and its a 500 dollar mod to change your mpg to about 100mpg iirc) til 60 instead of 40 voids it.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Maybe so...but when FI came into play in the mid 80"s on the Fox bodies I cant believe how much complaining I heard about modifying them (Myself included). Now look where we are...

just sayin...
Thats a lot different.

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Well depends, V8 Power from the 1980s and 1990s? A truly well done hybrid Mustang would have to be at least a V6 or a 4L V8 with the electric side making up the torque/horsepower delta - then you would really have a race rocket but, it won't sound like today's Mustang.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
How many modded teslas you seen? I havent seen one thats going faster than what it came fron the factory with. Its hardly going to be cheap nor ideal for performance. Lets not kid ourselves here. If i wanted a hyrbid id buy a prius and for as much money as a tesla cost there is a lot of other cars worth buying for performance. Is it neat, i suppose.
Personally none. But it's not my crowd, and I dont really got to cars and coffee. But lets be honest even a ICE has design thresholds, and safety margins, Increasing performance with a tune is easy. You just compromise some of those known variables.

They only thing you would have to do to a Tesla is draw more current from the battery, then deal with the heat and energy consumption differences.

There is alot of plug and play potential, and the motor units are modular and very easy to swap.

I imagine by the time the Tesla 3 hits the market and those economies of scale change, well see more open modding.
Sponsored