• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Luajesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Was scrolling through Instagram when I saw Mike Levine(@Mrlevine) “Ford’s North American communications Director” comment on @theCrew_stangs post about how the mustangs are being delayed till late summer and this what he had to say. Basically saying there isn’t any delay and everything is going as it should be. Great way of communicating that they’re not delayed on a persons instagram post instead of a PSA. To me this means ford isn’t worried about EARLY summer 2023 release. On the other hand great that FORD is doing multiple quality checks but more communication is needed widely not commenting on someone’s Instagram. What do you guys think?

S650 Mustang Mike Levine: S650 Mustang On-Sale Timing This Summer Remains (All Cars Held Until QC Checks are Passed) IMG_2923
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
It's another encouraging sign.

In the beginning, we weren't seeing or hearing much of anything. We then started reading of various QC issues, and how much QC was costing the company as a whole. Full stop. They seem to have been working things out and are close to normalcy.

I'd rather see them do what they have done, versus ship cars while not noticing. Or addressing issues after-the-fact.

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
I’d rather it take a longer than get a brand new car with little nit pickings everywhere or even big things we couldn’t fix personally. I’m sure a majority could get on board with the thought.

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
Anybody with half a brain and semi decent investigative skills can discover OKTB was suppose to have happened mid-June. So, YES, there was a delay. This is a fact. HOWEVER, due to the broad timeline of delivery communicated to the public they can say they delivered on time without delay (Summer 2023). This is part of the reason why Tesla outpaces traditional car companies like Ford due to lack of transparency and honesty. It's encouraging that they're engaging customers but they need to announce OKTB and all heat for delivery will dissipate a bit.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Anybody with half a brain and semi decent investigative skills can discover OKTB was suppose to have happened mid-June. So, YES, there was a delay. This is a fact. HOWEVER, due to the broad timeline of delivery communicated to the public they can say they delivered on time without delay (Summer 2023). This is part of the reason why Tesla outpaces traditional car companies like Ford due to lack of transparency and honesty. It's encouraging that they're engaging customers but they need to announce OKTB and all heat for delivery will dissipate a bit.
I agree, just be upfront about what's going on and we are cool with waiting.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
I’d rather it take a longer than get a brand new car with little nit pickings everywhere or even big things we couldn’t fix personally.
Others have echoed the same. While most probably prefer the quality delays in this case, I think there's another option that gets overlooked. Plan right, communicate right, meet quality AND timing commitments. Doesn't seem like Ford is behind on "summer delivery" timing, so this might be moot for us all, but communication could be better.

I, for one, understand people's excitement and anticipation. In fact, I've seen a great deal of patience and even defense of Ford after Ford set and missed expectations on delivery dates. I'm sure it will be different once these start rolling, but grown babies? Hmm.

Thereallotddenning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
It's just a guess from what I've been hearing from my local dealers
Strange because others have said in different threads there was an OKTB meeting already and it may come this week via Ford hire ups. Your local dears may actually receive the cars then. That would track more with what the Instagram exchange implies.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
I'm just passing on info from what I've heard. Two different dealers said the S650's listed in their inventories would ship from the factory on the first week of August, which the first Monday is 08/07. That's where I got that date from.
Almost all of us have the same exact ETA range that doesn’t really mean much tbh

Thereallotddenning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
There have been OKTB meetings before and nothing happened. Not sure why this specific OKTB meeting is more important than the others.
I think as others have pointed out, it sounded as though this meeting was booked with the intent of OKTB whereas other meetings were to discuss what is holding up OKTB. It’s good info non the less to hear what people are being told.

That being said Mike’s exchange is a very careful exchange that’s probably been rubber stamped by someone and not impulsively posted. It’s meant to start a buzz.
Sponsored