• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Markups

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
For my current car, I was initially met with an ADM of $5K when attempting to order, but ended at MSRP. My save?

I explained to them that I could purchase from Granger and have the car shipped to my home, coming in close to MSRP. I helped the salesperson realize a fair profit was better than no sale. Some salespeople and dealers recognize this. Some don't.

On new cars today, dealers continue to have the upper hand. Inventories are so limited here, they sell way more used cars (minimum "full" price, sometimes with a premium) than new.

Model year is coming to a close in a few months. If at all possible, I'd wait until early 2024 and start chatting someone up then. It will be after the Holidays. Odds are sales people will be in greater need of funds. And the S650 will be in the showroom, taking some of the excitement/ADM pressure off.
Sponsored

Paulie820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17ā€™ Lancer, 24' GT in Atlas Blue
I know multiple people who went in to pick up there bronco on delivery day and the dealer just added 15k ADM.
That's insane. 15k is what I spent on my daily! Couldn't imagine getting hit with that as a markup day of pickup

OP
OP
ToyPonyForTony

ToyPonyForTony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Grabber Blue GT on order, 21 Jeep Gladiator
For my current car, I was initially met with an ADM of $5K when attempting to order, but ended at MSRP. My save?

I explained to them that I could purchase from Granger and have the car shipped to my home, coming in close to MSRP. I helped the salesperson realize a fair profit was better than no sale. Some salespeople and dealers recognize this. Some don't.

On new cars today, dealers continue to have the upper hand. Inventories are so limited here, they sell way more used cars (minimum "full" price, sometimes with a premium) than new.

Model year is coming to a close in a few months. If at all possible, I'd wait until early 2024 and start chatting someone up then. It will be after the Holidays. Odds are sales people will be in greater need of funds.

Model year is coming to a close in a few months. If at all possible, I'd wait until early 2024 and start chatting someone up then. It will be after the Holidays. Odds are sales people will be in greater need of funds. And the S650 will be in the showroom, taking some of the excitement/ADM pressure off.
[/QUOTE

And the S650 will be in the showroom, taking some of the excitement/ADM pressure off.

Yesterday, i went and spoke with my dealer who assured me i would not be paying any markups since i special ordered my GT. The sales manager did say anyone else would be paying an additional markup. The only exception is, if Ford decides to raise the MSRP of the Mustang.

He also mentioned the halt in production being due to quality assurance issues found with one of their processes. This is prob the reason for the hundreds of cars just sitting at FR. Lets hope they figure it out now and not a year later causing recalls.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Yesterday, i went and spoke with my dealer who assured me i would not be paying any markups since i special ordered my GT. The sales manager did say anyone else would be paying an additional markup. The only exception is, if Ford decides to raise the MSRP of the Mustang.
I would check back with the Sales Manager and confirm if they support Price Protection. The overwhelming majority of dealers do.

The dealer has already made the sale, locking in their profit. If Ford increases the price of the car, Price Protection will pay them the difference between the new and old amounts. You'll continue to pay the original, agreed-to price.

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
My dealer sells everything at MSRP or under. They advertise it.

sir5574

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
I'm getting my GT at x-plan pricing, around 5-6k under MSRP for what I ordered. They said no markups on anything but special editions like the Darkhorse.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I'm getting my GT at x-plan pricing, around 5-6k under MSRP for what I ordered. They said no markups on anything but special editions like the Darkhorse.
$5k-6k under MSRP is much better than X-Plan pricing. That's more in the A/Z-Plan pricing ball park.

sir5574

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
$5k-6k under MSRP is much better than X-Plan pricing. That's more in the A/Z-Plan pricing ball park.
I mean it all depends what you ordered... the MSRP sticker price was almost 62k for the GT premium 401a PP, NP, mag ride, dual mode exhaust, etc...

BEM_Hoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Everglades, Explorer Timberline
Just want to make sure i/we pay the same price as shown on our confirmation of agreement and order summary. I signed mine, i would hope the dealership honors the agreed upon price. Hopefully when everyone receives their cars they mention whether or not they paid the original proce as promised.
Dealer sales consultant here, my dealer is not marking up inventory even on the DH (I submitted the first order for myself). However, your point of view on this is flawed, dealers donā€™t control price increases from Ford, and the majority of models will not be price protected.
the best way of looking at it is, the price on the sticker when it arrives is the price to pay. Or if you have a great dealer thatā€™s selling it to you at a lower price, thatā€™s gold.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealer sales consultant here, my dealer is not marking up inventory even on the DH (I submitted the first order for myself). However, your point of view on this is flawed, dealers donā€™t control price increases from Ford, and the majority of models will not be price protected.
the best way of looking at it is, the price on the sticker when it arrives is the price to pay. Or if you have a great dealer thatā€™s selling it to you at a lower price, thatā€™s gold.
The dealers don't control price increases from Ford, but it is entirely at the dealer's discretion if they choose to honor the price at the time your order was placed before any increases by Ford, correct?

And it seems most dealers are doing the latter (if for no other reason, it's the ethical thing to do). I can understand why someone wouldn't though, because they'd be losing money (but IMO that's the cost of doing business).

That would also explain why some dealers such as Granger require $1K non-refundable deposits. The money they make from reservation holders who cancel their orders I'm sure makes up for whatever costs they might eat up from unforseen markups.

Last edited:

BEM_Hoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Everglades, Explorer Timberline
The dealers don't control price increases from Ford, but it is entirely at the dealer's discretion if they choose to honor the price at the time your order was placed before any increases by Ford, correct?

And it seems most dealers are doing the latter (if for no other reason, it's the ethical thing to do). I can understand why someone wouldn't though, because they'd be losing money (but IMO that's the cost of doing business).

That would also explain why some dealers such as Granger require $1K non-refundable deposits. The money they make from reservation holders who cancel their orders I'm sure makes up for whatever costs they might eat up from unforseen markups.
When the customer signs the build sheet, we add in a section to initial stating that there is no price protection guaranteed. The ordering has been a mess, and dealers are indeed losing money on certain deals, but do recover funds from ford on others. I am in California, and cannot keep a customerā€™s deposit. Big fat lawsuit if any dealer in the state even tried.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When the customer signs the build sheet, we add in a section to initial stating that there is no price protection guaranteed. The ordering has been a mess, and dealers are indeed losing money on certain deals, but do recover funds from ford on others. I am in California, and cannot keep a customerā€™s deposit. Big fat lawsuit if any dealer in the state even tried.
Yeah, California is definitely a special case. Most states aren't nearly as consumer-friendly.
Sponsored