• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Markups

ToyPonyForTony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Grabber Blue GT on order, 21 Jeep Gladiator
Do you all expect dealerships to markup the prices of our factory ordered Mustang's? If my dealer marks up my Gt I am buying used.
Sponsored

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Do you all expect dealerships to markup the prices of our factory ordered Mustang's? If my dealer marks up my Gt I am buying used.
There have been reports om this forum of dealers marking up pre-orders.

And from a business standpoint, with the production constraints and what is still strong demand for the car, I can't blame them.

That's why so many of us are purchasing our cars out of state, as there are select dealers willing to sell them at/below invoice.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
If mine even tried...they can choke on it.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Most people have been getting invoice for the GTs including myself it’s the dark horses that are being marked up I would run very far away from any dealership that Is gonna mark up a GT

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most people have been getting invoice for the GTs including myself it’s the dark horses that are being marked up I would run very far away from any dealership that Is gonna mark up a GT
It's a convenience tax in a way.

If they can't sell it to you with markups, they willl find someone who can, as many people don't want to go through the trouble of traveling out of their way to buy a car.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Forum members should back each other up on this. Any dealer reported to do this bs to an ordering forum member should be flooded with negative reviews on google

Last edited:

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
At this point, everyone that ordered a Mustang should know what they're going to pay.
If the price changes I will walk away.

Ford might have an issue with dealerships selling cars to someone who didnt place the original factory order since it discredits the whole point of factory orders.

As for Mustangs hitting the lots for dealership inventory, that could get sketchy quick if the demand is high.

Mgmginnetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTI
I know multiple people who went in to pick up there bronco on delivery day and the dealer just added 15k ADM.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The Bronco6G forum has a "Naughty Dealers" thread that's been quite active.
I'm sure they don't like that, but probably won't change their behavior. Gotta get them outside of the enthusiast forums to stop this markup business

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure they don't like that, but probably won't change their behavior. Gotta get them outside of the enthusiast forums to stop this markup business
On the contrary, I read through some of the posts over there and there were a few dealers who changed their tune after being shamed.

A surprising number of them do read / post on enthusiast forums.

OP
OP
ToyPonyForTony

ToyPonyForTony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Grabber Blue GT on order, 21 Jeep Gladiator
Just want to make sure i/we pay the same price as shown on our confirmation of agreement and order summary. I signed mine, i would hope the dealership honors the agreed upon price. Hopefully when everyone receives their cars they mention whether or not they paid the original proce as promised.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To your point though, as the examples on the Bronco6G forum show, I still wouldn't rest my laurels on all dealers honoring Ford's price protection.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
My dealer’s GM signed and dated my order sheet with the price of the vehicle locked in. I made sure that we had agreed to a price before the order was submitted and had documentation to support that arrangement.
Sponsored