• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mach-1/Dark Horse Front Wheel Lip Mold Fender Flares

JoseG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse Non-HP
Looks really nice! I also purchased the handling package sized wheels and tires (aftermarket), and I am currently waiting on the lip molding so I can install them. Do you have part numbers for the Ford performance springs? I was thinking of going with dual rate Steeda springs, but I like the idea of sticking with Ford OEM parts
https://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-performance-lowering-wsprings-1517-gt350.html

thatā€™s the link to the website I bought them from and I believe the part number is:
Ford Performance M-5300-W
Sponsored

Race Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse - non HP

JoseG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse Non-HP
JoseG, where did you locate the correct wheel lip moldings? I was able to find one of the two different part#'s (the one that ends with "B") and would like to find the one ending in "A". Thanks in advance!
Iā€™ve been bugging the hell out of my local dealerships and spoke to one that showed A as back ordered but with 27 Aā€™s enroute to the warehouse. Of those 27ish only 17 were ā€œon orderā€ so I asked if he could place one on order for me and he said he could. However the price is still outrageous at $924. Given that Iā€™m irresponsible, impatient, and impulsive, I told him to order it šŸ˜©.

Race Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse - non HP
Iā€™ve been bugging the hell out of my local dealerships and spoke to one that showed A as back ordered but with 27 Aā€™s enroute to the warehouse. Of those 27ish only 17 were ā€œon orderā€ so I asked if he could place one on order for me and he said he could. However the price is still outrageous at $924. Given that Iā€™m irresponsible, impatient, and impulsive, I told him to order it šŸ˜©.
Can you tell me what dealership? I'd love to call them, the price is high, but I suffer from Zero patience. LOL

JoseG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse Non-HP
if money isnt an issue and youre impatient theres a company with carbon fiber wheel flares listed as shipping in the next few months for $650

https://nytop.store/ford-mustang-ac...ford-mustang-carbon-fiber-front-fender-flares

no exact ship date though
I was looking at those too but their pictures have them illustrated on a standard S650 bumper with their own front splitter. Not sure if thatā€™ll pose an issue when trying to use them with OEM DH splitters. They do look nice tho!

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
I was looking at those too but their pictures have them illustrated on a standard S650 bumper with their own front splitter. Not sure if thatā€™ll pose an issue when trying to use them with OEM DH splitters. They do look nice tho!
they have images of it with the stock front splitter as well, i think the DH is the same around that area, correct me if im wrong
S650 Mustang Mach-1/Dark Horse Front Wheel Lip Mold Fender Flares 1706723835932

Race Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse - non HP
Yes, I've been watching those as well, I think they claim to be available "Q1 2024" or something. Might have to get them until OEM is available, and then try to sell them here.

JoseG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse Non-HP
they have images of it with the stock front splitter as well, i think the DH is the same around that area, correct me if im wrong
1706723835932.png
Looks like they will work just fine from this angle. I would just be worried about inner wheel well clearance especially in a lowered vehicle. My DH is lowered slightly and the Mach 1 flares Iā€™m currently using rub ever so slightly on large high speed dips. Not an issue since theyā€™re plastic and can take a beating. But the carbon ones I think could be easily damaged with mild contact with the tire. I guess thatā€™s a concession we gotta make when modifying stuff.

24_WarHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 DarkHorse Shadow Black
Figured Iā€™d add a little more detail to this thread for those of us still hunting for the DH fender flares. I was able to source a driver side DH flare and ā€œshouldā€ have the passenger side one in a few weeks. Paid more than I wanted to but hey, nothings better than OEM. I have attached a few more photos with the Mach 1 flares I retrofitted to my DH to show how they look with wheels, tires, and a drop. The wheels are BC Forged EH172ā€™s wrapped in Michelin PS4S (305/30/19 and 315/30/19) and theyā€™re made to the HP wheel specs (19x10.5/11) with corresponding offsets. The vehicle is also lowered on some Ford Performance springs that provide a modest .78 inch of a drop. I added the DH HP larger front splitter as well. The Mach 1 flares are definitely made of a thicker material and are not as flexible as the OEM DH ones.
IMG_1085.jpeg
IMG_1043.png
IMG_1119.jpeg
IMG_1120.jpeg
Do you have the part number for the HP front splitter by chance?

Thanks to everyone contributing to this thread, tons of useful information!

JoseG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse Non-HP