• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Let's discuss the trunk wing (options)

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
So after marinating overnight somehow they've done it again and I'm coming around to the new car both exterior and interior. I still have some issues though...............I have to say I'm really not a fan of these HUGE wings. They seem to be getting more gaudy with each new variant. That said somehow I feel like it fits the Dark Horse due to its branding and so maybe it will actually look good on that car. I have to reserve full judgment til I see all of them in person.......And yes I realize they do serve a purpose for those who actually want to track the car. Let's be honest that is not most people.

Will the Dark Horse or GT offer different options there? I believe the Mach 1 and some Shelby models had a lesser wing option. I see the ecoboost offers a wing delete (or doesn't even come with one if you want?). I do like that clean look, but also appreciate a small lip spoiler or something that doesn''t stand too tall and scream 1990s tack on. Also I'm a fan of the ducktail looking spoilers but Ford never seems to offer that factory.

Any pics or thoughts on options for wings?

GT:
S650 Mustang Let's discuss the trunk wing (options) 2024_GT_Wing.PNG

Dark Horse:
S650 Mustang Let's discuss the trunk wing (options) 2024 dark horse wing.JPG

ecoboost (wing delete?):
S650 Mustang Let's discuss the trunk wing (options) 2024 ecoboost wing delete.JPG
Sponsored

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I dig it, although I admit I am quite uncertain about the ecoboost. Probably just that angle. It seems a bit too thin in the rear without a wing or something to fill out the top end a bit more. Now I really do wonder what a ducktail/wedge might look like on it...

It'll continue the tradition of having many a mod, anyway. 😁

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
The rear looks great on the convertible GT, better than the s550 GT, but what they have in common IMO is that they both look best with the spoiler delete. The profile of the 'vert is just sleeker without a spoiler. Maybe because most of them are designed for the way they look with the lines of the coupe top. There was not so much difference between the two models in the s197.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
I noticed the rear of the convertible still has an antenna sticking up? whats up with that? they can't do something less 2 decades ago?

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I noticed the rear of the convertible still has an antenna sticking up? whats up with that? they can't do something less 2 decades ago?
That's the first thing that most folks just swap out for a couple of bucks, near as I can tell. Unless you listen to a lot of AM radio.

TrackMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT
The trend of bigger and bigger wings is, most likely (not an aerodynamicist) because they’re effective.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most of them are just supposed to look cool.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
They said last night that the design without the wing has a lot of rear downforce. For that reason the wings are "detuned" to be neutral and not add any downforce at all. I think that they said the wing delete is available on all models as a result.

At least that's one of the things that I remember hearing.

TwoHorseGarage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
The whole design is wonderful, IMHO. This is a little late to the game, I think this is what the S550 should have looked like, then the 650 should have been given an old notchback retro style.

Reactions: DRB

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
For Pete's sake there better be a spoiler delete option.

Lethal5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black '17 GT
Can't lie, the side profile of the trunk with no wing on this car looks sleeeek. I think other than that, a ducktail of some sort will look the best on these. Exactly as I feel with the New Edge, no spoiler or cobra ducktail only on that car.

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
i love the dark horse one. hope its an option.
also the way the trunk is angled and the lines it has i can see these making a comeback:
S650 Mustang Let's discuss the trunk wing (options) DSC_0146

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
So after marinating overnight somehow they've done it again and I'm coming around to the new car both exterior and interior. I still have some issues though...............I have to say I'm really not a fan of these HUGE wings. They seem to be getting more gaudy with each new variant. That said somehow I feel like it fits the Dark Horse due to its branding and so maybe it will actually look good on that car. I have to reserve full judgment til I see all of them in person.......And yes I realize they do serve a purpose for those who actually want to track the car. Let's be honest that is not most people.

Will the Dark Horse or GT offer different options there? I believe the Mach 1 and some Shelby models had a lesser wing option. I see the ecoboost offers a wing delete (or doesn't even come with one if you want?). I do like that clean look, but also appreciate a small lip spoiler or something that doesn''t stand too tall and scream 1990s tack on. Also I'm a fan of the ducktail looking spoilers but Ford never seems to offer that factory.

Any pics or thoughts on options for wings?

GT:
2024_GT_Wing.PNG

Dark Horse:
2024 dark horse wing.JPG

ecoboost (wing delete?):
2024 ecoboost wing delete.JPG
If Ford liked the trunk wing so bad, why was it replaced in 2007 with a spoiler?

DutchPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT EU
If I'd buy one I'd definitely go no wing. The design just looks way sleeker without.
Sponsored