• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

LED's in the snorkels. Do they serve a purpose other than accent lighting?

TripleshotMcC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium Convertible
I noticed the other day that there are dedicated LED's in the upper outside corners of the intake snorkels on the front grill. Was just wondering if they serve a purpose or are just more accent lighting. They are pretty bright and only on when the headlights are on, not with day-time running lights.
Sponsored

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Plenty of info on this issue on other threads on the forumn.

Spainer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible California Special
I noticed the other day that there are dedicated LED's in the upper outside corners of the intake snorkels on the front grill. Was just wondering if they serve a purpose or are just more accent lighting. They are pretty bright and only on when the headlights are on, not with day-time running lights.
jist of it is that part of the car protrudes past the headlights so they are required for safety

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
jist of it is that part of the car protrudes past the headlights so they are required for safety
More like a reg that didnt get caught by the silly wompass patrol.

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
If you're interested; my Tech Start Up; Marmot Aerospace and Engineering is well into prototyping a much more effective pedestrian warning system (PWS) for the Mustang.

Given that most pedestrians are visually impaired to oncoming Mustangs; due to having their heads up their *****..................eeeeerrrrr I meant distracted by vital and interesting content on their phone; a PWS based on an auditory alert will be much more effective than the lame LED based PWS Ford designed to keep Federal Safety NAZIs off their back.

MAE's PWS will consist of a weather, heat, and vibration proof RADAR unit with a 150 foot pedestrian detection range, a 1000w amp, and a loud speaker to issue audio alerts to unwary pedestrians.

Due to ongoing patent applications I can't show any of our proprietary hardware at this time, but the auditory clip below is a BETA stage version of our brilliant pedestrian audio warning.

DISCLAIMER: Final auditory warning my be slightly different.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
If you're interested; my Tech Start Up; Marmot Aerospace and Engineering is well into prototyping a much more effective pedestrian warning system (PWS) for the Mustang.

Given that most pedestrians are visually impaired to oncoming Mustangs; due to having their heads up their *****..................eeeeerrrrr I meant distracted by vital and interesting content on their phone; a PWS based on an auditory alert will be much more effective than the lame LED based PWS Ford designed to keep Federal Safety NAZIs off their back.

MAE's PWS will consist of a weather, heat, and vibration proof RADAR unit with a 150 foot pedestrian detection range, a 1000w amp, and a loud speaker to issue audio alerts to unwary pedestrians.

Due to ongoing patent applications I can't show any of our proprietary hardware at this time, but the auditory clip below is a BETA stage version of our brilliant pedestrian audio warning.

DISCLAIMER: Final auditory warning my be slightly different.

I always thought it was odd but the Pedestrians always get hit on a Street or Highway.
I know it would be very difficult to drive your Mustang down a sideways & run over people .
Maybe the pedestrian should have a light on their Bodies when walking down or crossing the street?
Company could sell more LEDs then have one installed in your Mustang.
I’m sure some government official would want to start a company with his brother-in-law making LEDs for people.
Just my two cents and I’m a little crazy, maybe?
Sponsored