• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Dub347sbf

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Ill play the guessing game, Ford charges a premium for the Mustang over a Camaro around the same spec, I doubt the base mid engine Mustang costs the same as a base Corvette, especially because the Dark Horse with Handling Package is so close to 70k. I'm guessing 85-100k base price. If it's real. Man that is gonna be sweet if it is.
Sponsored

VenomGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Itā€™s going to be a replica of Tesla showcasing the Tesla roadster, lots of hype lots or prototype and youā€™ll see it in 8yrs I bet itā€™s a glance at the future of mustang a blend of classic lines, and future technology ā€œelectricā€ with a dash of super car speeds which comes with all electric vehicles.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
All I know is Iā€™m ready to cancel my order and throw money at a mid engine 2 seater mustang like NOW

VaporGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I don't know if this new model with central engine story is true but if it's true it won't be a real mustang...

I really like the idea of Ford making a new mid-engined car...hope it will be more successful than the 1966 Mach2šŸ˜†

S650 Mustang Leaked! Mustang GTD (Mid-Engine?) Supercar Special Project - Debuts @ Monterey Car Week on 8/17! IMG_0211

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I was thinking closer to a multimatic ford GT with a mustang nameplate.
Except multimatic is already pretty tapped out building all the other race cars for Ford. The bronco DR, and s650 gt3/gt4.

I proposed that maybe, whatever this is ends up being built in flat rock, alongside the s650. Because Ford has nothing else that can be built there currently, they can only handle low slung vehicles. Then maybe the racing car of this mid-engine thing is built by multimatic in small quantities.

With all the other projects Multi is handing, it seems like if they were the only ones making this car, it would have to be made in even lower numbers, at an even higher price than the gt. Which wouldn't make a ton of sense if they were gonna brand it a mustang. You would think if this was the next level for the Ford gt, they'd call in the Ford gt. Considering the fact that the gt is the only Ford name with enough cred to justify a 500k asking price.

OP
OP
Dub347sbf

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
View attachment 564501 Gonna have to see details if this monstrosity is in fact the new stang. Jury is out.
Dang where did you see that?

Edit: attachment already not found. Mustang GTD? Looked like it had the GT3 fender slits, large rear wing, cool wheels, and Michelin tires. Looked like the street version of the GT3 in other words.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Ill play the guessing game, Ford charges a premium for the Mustang over a Camaro around the same spec, I doubt the base mid engine Mustang costs the same as a base Corvette, especially because the Dark Horse with Handling Package is so close to 70k. I'm guessing 85-100k base price. If it's real. Man that is gonna be sweet if it is.
Hmm, not sure I'm with you. Each of the last couple gens, I think one of the most commonly repeated arguments in favor of the Mustang vs the Camaro was that the Mustang was cheaper for comparable specs, even if it was slightly less fast/sporty.

Now the Mustang has gotten pricier than the Camaro... but that's because it's a new (or at least "new") generation, and the Camaro is a decade old and not about to be refreshed.

You can argue that the Mustang has gotten pricey for what it is, and I may agree. But it's hard to say how much of that is just inflation, especially in the toy cars category. The Camaro might have gotten just as expensive if they made a new one.

OP
OP
Dub347sbf

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Hmm, not sure I'm with you. Each of the last couple gens, I think one of the most commonly repeated arguments in favor of the Mustang vs the Camaro was that the Mustang was cheaper for comparable specs, even if it was slightly less fast/sporty.

Now the Mustang has gotten pricier than the Camaro... but that's because it's a new (or at least "new") generation, and the Camaro is a decade old and not about to be refreshed.

You can argue that the Mustang has gotten pricey for what it is, and I may agree. But it's hard to say how much of that is just inflation, especially in the toy cars category. The Camaro might have gotten just as expensive if they made a new one.
I hear you, but, you can get a 2023 2SS(not base) 1LE Camaro with recaros, magneride, and a host of other track focused goodies that make it an amazing track car, starting at 52.5k. You can do a stripper 1SS 1LE for 47k. You can't even touch 55k with a 2023 Mach 1 base not including Recaros and definitely not with the Handling Package, and I'm talking last gen (gen 6). The Mach 1 is the best comparison to the 1LE package as well. The Mustang is more expensive comparatively in the 6th gen for a track focused car. And that is okay, it was a better car in my opinion, which is why we still get to enjoy it for gen 7.

Edit: I don't think a gen 6 PP1 is a good comparison to a 1LE Camaro, for multiple reasons. Maybe the PP2 is better, but that became the Mach 1 and that is what i used for comparison. In any event, glad the Mustang is still around, can't wait to own my 4th.

And again, no way a mid engine Mustang price hits a base Vette price, its going to have a 10k premium at least. I'd bet the farm.

Last edited:

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Bruh this looks like a Fast & Furious JDM car lmao
I don't hate it, I just hope this isn't the only mustang concept dealers were shown. Ford keeps teasing and hinting at a more affordable mid-engine car. I need that in my life.

That being said, I like the aggression of this. I especially like the unique surfacing of the fenders and quarter panels. It's aggressive, while looking less try hard than a current gt500, to me at least. The issue with the gt500 is all the additional aggression is concentrated in the front end with the massive opening, and vents. With this, it's more spread out throughout the design.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.