• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is my GT engine missing a strut bar?

Mustang6924

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe GT, 2024 Mustang GT Premium
S650 Mustang Is my GT engine missing a strut bar? 20230923_175220

Is the GT engine supposed to look like this or am I missing something? Feels like there should be something attached to the bolts on the driver side. Please let me know. Thanks.
Sponsored

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
20230923_175220.jpg

Is the GT engine supposed to look like this or am I missing something? Feels like there should be something attached to the bolts on the driver side. Please let me know. Thanks.
The strut tower brace is part of the performance package.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Sure looks missing to me with bolts are tall and nothing on it check with other GT and find out for sure!

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
The strut tower brace is part of the performance package.
S650 Mustang Is my GT engine missing a strut bar? IMG_7797

The performance pack comes with the strut tower brace and a “K” brace. My strut brace is from a GT350R, it would normally be black. You can see part of the K brace between the motor and the brake reservoir. It’s the flat black bar. In reality it runs from side to side under the cowl trim.

OP
OP

Mustang6924

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe GT, 2024 Mustang GT Premium
IMG_7797.jpeg

The performance pack comes with the strut tower brace and a “K” brace. My strut brace is from a GT350R, it would normally be black. You can see part of the K brace between the motor and the brake reservoir. It’s the flat black bar. In reality it runs from side to side under the cowl trim.
Ah ok that makes sense. I saw a couple of pictures online of GT engines and seems like I am missing the k brace. I am going to go back to my dealership and see what they say.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Ah ok that makes sense. I saw a couple of pictures online of GT engines and seems like I am missing the k brace. I am going to go back to my dealership and see what they say.
Do you have the performance pack?

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
IMG_7797.jpeg

DID your GT performance come with that strut bar? Mine has a hole where you have the badge

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
wonder if anyone makes a plate where you can place in the hole to tighten with a lock nut underneath.

Burnin' Rubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Domestic
Trying to decide if I would be happy without the performance pack. I may be in the minority, but I prefer the look of the engine bay in the cars without the performance pack. Something about the performance pack strut bar spoils it by covering up that beautiful engine.

In your case, the bolts that stick up on the driver strut tower definitely look bare to me, like something is missing. Evidently, I have seen a lot of photos and videos of engine bays like this. Yours is not the only one. It bothered me so much, I tried to find an answer to your question.

S650 Mustang Is my GT engine missing a strut bar? Capture 2023-12-03.JPG

In this video, around the 3:54 mark, it shows the brace which should be attached there in a GT without performance pack. The brace on the passenger strut tower is hidden, but I can see you have it in your photo. I would say the factory goofed by not installing it on the driver side of your car. Definitely mention this to your dealer. As I mentioned, yours is not the only car with this piece missing.

Can someone verify if these braces are tied to any specific options package? It seems the GT trim without performance pack should have braces that attach between the cowl and strut towers on both sides.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
That IS strange. I wish we had a way to get that emblem... It was on my s550 gt prem pp. But not my s650 optioned the same.
I don’t remember where to look, but I believe there were several other discussions on this forum about the emblem not being included on the PP strut bars. I’ve seen some pictures of custom ones they had made and installed. It does look a little funny with just holes in the bar.
Sponsored