• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is my GT engine missing a strut bar?

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
OP
OP

Mustang6924

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe GT, 2024 Mustang GT Premium
Trying to decide if I would be happy without the performance pack. I may be in the minority, but I prefer the look of the engine bay in the cars without the performance pack. Something about the performance pack strut bar spoils it by covering up that beautiful engine.

In your case, the bolts that stick up on the driver strut tower definitely look bare to me, like something is missing. Evidently, I have seen a lot of photos and videos of engine bays like this. Yours is not the only one. It bothered me so much, I tried to find an answer to your question.

Capture 2023-12-03.JPG

In this video, around the 3:54 mark, it shows the brace which should be attached there in a GT without performance pack. The brace on the passenger strut tower is hidden, but I can see you have it in your photo. I would say the factory goofed by not installing it on the driver side of your car. Definitely mention this to your dealer. As I mentioned, yours is not the only car with this piece missing.

Can someone verify if these braces are tied to any specific options package? It seems the GT trim without performance pack should have braces that attach between the cowl and strut towers on both sides.
Yeah everything seems really weird. I have seen a few non-pp GTs without it and some with it. So I'm really confused as to what's going on there. Tried asking the dealership but didn't get a concrete answer.

djcwardog

V8 Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 300A
Excellent thread. My 300A car came with neither part, so I used some Ford points to order this Kit.

S650 Mustang Is my GT engine missing a strut bar? IMG_0468

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Trying to decide if I would be happy without the performance pack. I may be in the minority, but I prefer the look of the engine bay in the cars without the performance pack. Something about the performance pack strut bar spoils it by covering up that beautiful engine.

In your case, the bolts that stick up on the driver strut tower definitely look bare to me, like something is missing. Evidently, I have seen a lot of photos and videos of engine bays like this. Yours is not the only one. It bothered me so much, I tried to find an answer to your question.

Capture 2023-12-03.JPG

In this video, around the 3:54 mark, it shows the brace which should be attached there in a GT without performance pack. The brace on the passenger strut tower is hidden, but I can see you have it in your photo. I would say the factory goofed by not installing it on the driver side of your car. Definitely mention this to your dealer. As I mentioned, yours is not the only car with this piece missing.

Can someone verify if these braces are tied to any specific options package? It seems the GT trim without performance pack should have braces that attach between the cowl and strut towers on both sides.
Would the Struts come on a GT without the PP Package be Job number 1?
My GT, without the PP Package, 401A should be delivered between April 13-April 19, 2024.
Produced April, 26, 2024.
I ‘m wondering if it has the Strut brace?
Sounds like a Crap Shoot.

KABStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT convertible, 2024 Mustang GT conv.
I have a convertible GT built Feb 24, without the PP. It has the brace and I believe all convertible GTs have them as well.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Interesting thread... So my question is, does installing the STB cause any major interference for routine maintenance? Stuff like plugs etc.. I get it id removing heads and stuff like that will be difficult.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
@sreveo1960 if you are removing heads on a coyote the STB should be the least part of the challenge.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Interesting thread... So my question is, does installing the STB cause any major interference for routine maintenance? Stuff like plugs etc.. I get it id removing heads and stuff like that will be difficult.
No. It’s four 15mm nuts to remove the brace. Takes 5 min max.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
20240423_105701.jpg

Same one here, had to add in the extra 6 hp for the active exhaust, haha
The Strut looks Cool.
Is there a Ford part number for the Strut?
Or is it after market?
How many Dinero.

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
I have a convertible GT built Feb 24, without the PP. It has the brace and I believe all convertible GTs have them as well.
My vert has the brace
Sponsored