• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is a 8 month wait on current orders true?

GeorgiaMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 grandsport
Well just left my Ford dealer, wanted to order a GT, and was told no problem but the wait is 8 months. Is this what everyone is seeing?
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
It's not unheard of. The dealer needs an allocation. That allocation has to be picked up and later scheduled. Some options have waits or are constrained. And there's delivery. While Flat Rock isn't currently impacted, the on-going UAW strike isn't helping. Could you give us some insight on your build?

Last edited:
OP
OP

GeorgiaMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 grandsport
I walked but it was a GT Premium with performance, Recaros, and a 6-speed for my next track car build. But not a 8 Months.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Beautiful car. I was gonna say, looks like you're doing pretty well. But now I understand the need for a quick path to another ride. 650s are hitting dealer lots now. A dealer order or customer car which didn't get bought could be the way ahead. :please:

OP
OP

GeorgiaMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 grandsport
Yes found the perfect car in SC but the dealer wanted 5k over MSRP and added a lot of crap to the car for a total 7K over Sticker.

Area51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150
New here and saw your post after I made a new thread.I was going to order a new one in February but a base gt with auto and 3.55 rear no other options but if it is 8 months I might decide to order earlier I would like it by August.

Leo22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Convertible
Yep, on my 8th month with no build date.

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
My last track-only car since 2017. But totaled it this year a Road Atlanta.
I ordered 3/27, my Dark Horse was built 8/28, and it has been sitting waiting to ship in Dearborn since 9/6. I think 8 month wait is a realistic timeframe.

In my opinion there are much better options for a track only car than GT s650, especially in the $50-60k range. At that price that includes your C7. But you get what you want, its your money.

DCBuckeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
Take this with a grain of salt as I'm a guy on the internet sharing something I saw on the internet, but...

Over in the 2024+ Mustang S650 Facebook group, someone shared a screenshot from the Ford app of their build timeline. Order placed 08/01/2023, built 10/02/2023, waiting on shipment. Was an order for a GT Coupe, automatic, Atlas Blue, no other options.

Allocations are a mystery but... it's possible.

OP
OP

GeorgiaMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 grandsport
I ordered 3/27, my Dark Horse was built 8/28, and it has been sitting waiting to ship in Dearborn since 9/6. I think 8 month wait is a realistic timeframe.

In my opinion there are much better options for a track only car than GT s650, especially in the $50-60k range. At that price that includes your C7. But you get what you want, its your money.
Maybe I misspoke this time I want to be able to drive it on the street also and I live 10 miles from Road Atlanta.

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
Maybe I misspoke this time I want to be able to drive it on the street also and I live 10 miles from Road Atlanta.
Okay that makes sense! I was wondering. I may have read it wrong too. A GT Mustang would be quite the downgrade from your prior setup on the track. But would be much better (and legal) on the road!
Sponsored