• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Insurance cost on 2024 Mustang Dark Horse ?

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Like I said,
The General and Shaq wanted almost $800.00 for a 6 month policy. Just for the Dark Horse.
I bundled instead with my house and one other car.
For a 6 month FC policy I pay $181.00 for both cars. That's right at $90.50 per 6mths. Cars are both garage kept and neither a daily driver. Clean driving record. My Point is shop around. Good luck.
Maybe I'm not following your math. You pay $181 to fully insure two cars for half a year. Do you live in Panama?
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Maybe I'm not following your math. You pay $181 to fully insure two cars for half a year. Do you live in Panama?
I'm having a hard time comprehending that, too. $362 for an entire YEAR for FULL coverage (comprehensive, collision, and all state required liabilities) on TWO vehicles, one being a new Mustang?

I only a few years from 60, have a perfectly clean driving record (no tickets in decades), no crashes or claims outside of glass, and I pay $2,241 a year for the 2024 Dark Horse ALONE.

Maybe he's paying $181 per MONTH for two vehicles (which would still be low if one was a new Mustang).

UNSAFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Vert, '06 Ford Ranger FX4 Supercab
I'm having a hard time comprehending that, too. $362 for an entire YEAR for FULL coverage (comprehensive, collision, and all state required liabilities) on TWO vehicles, one being a new Mustang?

I only a few years from 60, have a perfectly clean driving record (no tickets in decades), no crashes or claims outside of glass, and I pay $2,241 a year for the 2024 Dark Horse ALONE.

Maybe he's paying $181 per MONTH for two vehicles (which would still be low if one was a new Mustang).
Does sound a bit sus. I'm a couple of years north of you and our '24 GT Premium is $1323/year with no claims, tickets etc. Add in the '06 Ranger and the policy year total is just over $2K.

Last edited:

UNSAFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I said,
The General and Shaq wanted almost $800.00 for a 6 month policy. Just for the Dark Horse.
I bundled instead with my house and one other car.
For a 6 month FC policy I pay $181.00 for both cars. That's right at $90.50 per 6mths. Cars are both garage kept and neither a daily driver. Clean driving record. My Point is shop around. Good luck.
Who is your insurance company? I'd like to reach out to them and get a quote since my renewal is coming up.

Pmamba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I don’t have a DH but a new GT convertible.

It was between this and a hellcat.

I pay $66 a month for this car and was quoted like $87 a month for the hellcat.

Chicago suburbs and Statefarm.

Logan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
No unsafe. $181.00 is 6 months.
Allstate ins

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Allstate ins
So you pay $30 per month for two cars, full coverage?

No way in hell I pay TEN TIMES what you pay for my Mustang and my cheapest (of three) other cars.

I couldn't even buy basic PL/PD (minimum state required liability coverage) for two pieces of garbage cars for $30 a month for two cars here in Michigan.

Last edited:

UNSAFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Allstate ins
Thanks for the info! I know that rates can vary among states and other variables. Going to check them out. FYI, I also have our current auto and homeowner's insurance bundled together which typically results in a lower overall rate. I suppose it's possible that auto rates can be higher in some areas at the same time homeowner's insurance rates are lower. We shall see.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Thanks for the info! I know that rates can vary among states and other variables. Going to check them out. FYI, I also have our current auto and homeowner's insurance bundled together which typically results in a lower overall rate. I suppose it's possible that auto rates can be higher in some areas at the same time homeowner's insurance rates are lower. We shall see.
I currently live in Michigan and we are #1 for high rates, both in the case of minimum required coverage (by a significant margin since our minimum is stupid high) and for full coverage. It is a no-fault state but that doesn't fully explain it. I also currently have Allstate including my home, trailer, motorcycle, 3 relatively new cars and trucks. Illinois is middle of the pack. So, while every other state is lower than mine, there is no part of any state in the United States where you can get full coverage from Allstate for two late model cars for $360 per year.

This is one of those times when you just pat someone on the head and wish them a happy life.

Last edited:

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I pay ~$1000 every 6 months through Travelers for my Mustang alone with $250 Comprehensive and $500 Collision deductibles. My collision premium is $500+ alone 😂 No tickets within the last 3 years, but I did have an accident. Hoping by the end of this year, it'll go down a little🤞

UNSAFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I pay ~$1000 every 6 months through Travelers for my Mustang alone with $250 Comprehensive and $500 Collision deductibles. My collision premium is $500+ alone 😂 No tickets within the last 3 years, but I did have an accident. Hoping by the end of this year, it'll go down a little🤞
I also have Traveler's.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
I only a few years from 60, have a perfectly clean driving record (no tickets in decades), no crashes or claims outside of glass,
Therein lies your problem, you're too young.:wink:
As we discussed earlier, I was impressed with LM and their coverage rates. The new Vert GT PP, with the Better Replacement option, we pay $897 annual. Hand full of discounts. The 2015 F150 is only $570 annual. So, as we both stated, the savings with LM is substantial.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Therein lies your problem, you're too young.:wink:
I wish ... :cwl:

As we discussed earlier, I was impressed with LM and their coverage rates. The new Vert GT PP, with the Better Replacement option, we pay $897 annual. Hand full of discounts. The 2015 F150 is only $570 annual. So, as we both stated, the savings with LM is substantial.
Yes, the recent switch is saving us quite a bit now.

I know it's just us idiots in MI paying more than almost every other state, save Florida I believe.

But no way in hell anybody is paying $30 a month for full coverage for TWO vehicles, anywhere in the US of A.

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
I pay $280/year for the Dark Horse and I thought I had the best deal I've seen so far. Until I see $360/year for 2 vehicles from this thread 👀👀

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
$280 annually...thats outstanding........
Sponsored