• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Info on Suspension Geometry changes S550->S650

Dallas J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mitsu Evo
Hey guys,

Has anyone seen, heard, or know an insider to give any information on geometry changes from the S550 to S650?

I'm not referring to Spring, Shocks, Bars, etc. Looking to see if any mounting points are upright geometry has been altered for the new version.
Sponsored

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617)
It was reported that there were suspension geometry changes from the S550 to the S650. I’ve been wondering when were might hear more detail about them.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I think it's still going to be a bit more of a wait.

While we've seen the cars in the wild and we know they are in production, I don't believe anyone reviewing or that can compare one to the other has one.

Several Members have posted some great insight, but actual hands-on comparisons, we're still waiting.

Even longer still be the aftermarket, people finding settings/adjustments which work better than factory, etc.

And along with any possible changes to physical suspension geometry, vehicle weight and its distribution will also need to be considered.

Last edited:

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
It was reported that there were suspension geometry changes from the S550 to the S650. I’ve been wondering when were might hear more detail about them.
Ignore that dude, he's a troll. There might be some info in the E-Cat thread.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Ignore that dude, he's a troll. There might be some info in the E-Cat thread.
hey, I have a name! :)
If Ford made any changes they would have at least mentioned something in passing along the way pf their upteen media events, and interviews, and so forth. So far, not one word.
No, that is not proof.

OP
OP

Dallas J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mitsu Evo
Ive been trying to find any reference to a revised geometry or any other keyword and best Ive been able to find is rumors the rear was changed in some way. Which would be good, the S550 is pretty wonky.

hey, I have a name! :)
If Ford made any changes they would have at least mentioned something in passing along the way pf their upteen media events, and interviews, and so forth. So far, not one word.
No, that is not proof.
That's sorta what I'm thinking. Seems if they made changes there, it would be highlighted.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Super unlikely. Any changes would have been brought up at least once, and for obvious reasons: 1) it costs money to make those kinds of changes, and 2) it's one more marketing point for them to list, so why they would omit something that's always perceived as an "improvement" from the consumer's eye would be an elementary mistake, especially if they invested the R&D money into said changes. Also, 3) when they released tech specs, 99% of it is copy/paste, from wheelbase, track, ASB thickness, to geometry listing. So it would be strange for them to make changes to geometry, and none to the supporting gear.

All of the media blurbs unrelated to the engine, tech features, exterior, and interior only discuss the drift brake, electronic brake boost, revised steering (ratio, removal of vibrational dampener joint, and stronger motor ("increased capacity" to use Ed Krenz's words)), and next-gen MagneRide shocks.

It's a little concerning that there's no mention of chassis material, improvements to welds or construction, stiffness, or geometry. They must have been strapped for R&D budget.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Especially when you consider that a lot of the suspension Ford Performance parts for the S550 will fit the S650. A few for example...

2024 Ford Mustang Ford Performance

OP
OP

Dallas J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mitsu Evo
Nice catch there. looks like the knuckles and arms all have added 2024 into the date range.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
Just be careful with some of the information for parts. I retired from the battery supplier and when I look up the battery in the 2024 parts files at the local Ford dealer, it shows the same battery as the S550, but that is not the battery that is being shipped to the plant for production. Granted, the battery isn't a suspension part, but it shows the 2023 part when it did change in 2024.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
I emailed Steeda asking if the S550 lower control arms with the longer stud for lowered cars is needed on tthe S650 when used with the lowering springs on a Dark Horse with suspension package, and they said that they don't know.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Love that write-up! Sure hope they got a better braking feel than on an Explorer. 😉 Can't wait to experience the differences.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
some info
front and rear MagneRide struts/shocks are the same, it's the main computer that got upgraded, but the non-MagneRide struts/shocks are brand new.
front knuckles and hubs are brand new, rear knuckles are new, but the hubs are existing unless you have the carbon fiber wheels, then they're new.
most all sway bar parts are not new.
front subframe is new.
rear lower control arm is new.
pretty much everything in the steering column is new, but there's still 3 universal joints.

so many parts are new that its not safe to assume anything at this point, but i'm hoping that old wheels and stuff still work with no issue
Sponsored