• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Incorrectly built? Be prepared to wait...

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So my Mustang arrived with the wrong chin/splitter under the front bumper.
The performance package normally comes with a more pronounced splitter than the regular. Mine came with the regular even though i have the performance package.

I had to fight the dealer because they didn't believe me.

Then they opened a case with Ford.

Well it's been 4 weeks now and Ford told my service advisor that they have sent pictures of my car to the assembly plant for them to confirm that this is a misbuilt...

What a joke... Seems like nobody else at Ford can make that decision.

If they had put this much effort into quality control, we wouldn't be here...
Sponsored

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
This is why people always say to get things sorted out before buying the car. Dealerships aren't going to push to get this corrected since they got paid already.

Luckily its just a cosmetic splitter and you SHOULD get your actual splitter eventually.

OP
OP

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Oh I made sure they committed to this in writing before i left with the car...

The dealer so far has been great, but Ford on the other hand is taking their sweet time.

Oh and get this, I reached out to customer relations.... Explained the entire situation (I also had a scratch on the dash that i found once home).

Their answer was something like : "well that's too bad, ok well keep working with your dealer, bye now"

They used to at least give the "illusion" of caring...

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si

The dealer so far has been great, but Ford on the other hand is taking their sweet time.

Oh and get this, I reached out to customer relations.... Explained the entire situation (I also had a scratch on the dash that i found once home).

Their answer was something like : "well that's too bad, ok well keep working with your dealer, bye now"

Thats weird. What number did you call?
I called the marketing line and they didn't seem very interested in what I had to say.

When I called the corporate number. The guy was super helpful and went out of his way to give me information that others said wasn't available and gave me a $100 Ford GC.

This is the number I called:
1-800-392-3673

OP
OP

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thats weird. What number did you call?
I called the marketing line and they didn't seem very interested in what I had to say.

When I called the corporate number. The guy was super helpful and went out of his way to give me information that others said wasn't available and gave me a $100 Ford GC.

This is the number I called:
1-800-392-3673
I wrote to them. Always had great service with them a few years back,
I'm in Canada so i'm not sure that phone number will be good for me.

slowjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT base manual
Mine was damaged coming off the transport and needed a new front bumper, lip, grill trim and fender liner. 3 weeks later they are still waiting on the fender liner.

OP
OP

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yeah, that sucks! But at least, that's easily acknoledged and the process started.

I had to fight like hell. I even had to get the parts department to bring out the diagrams to show what my car should have versus what it came with.
It's been 4 weeks now and Ford has not approved anything yet, much less ordered any parts...
My dealer is being proactive so i think the parts are ordered, but clearly Ford does not care about us...

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon

And yet they deserve a raise. What a joke