• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Panel Gaps Continue to be a problem

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
  • Banned
Panel gaps continue to be a problem. When the first people got their cars I checked the pictures on panel gaps and for some reason all of the new Mustangs looked very well. It looked like the trunk, hood, headlights and door gaps were dealt with, but nope..

I already found people who got their hands on their brand new cars with many issues.

- panel gap trunk
- panel gap hood + panel in front of the hood
- panel gap front bumper / headlights
- panel gap rear lights
- panel rubbing on other panel, especially the trunk and the hood

Check your cars before accepting it.

This Vapor Blue owner has a car that has all of the panel issues on his vehicle.

The story goes on..

S650 Mustang Panel Gaps Continue to be a problem FB_IMG_1694351846259

S650 Mustang Panel Gaps Continue to be a problem FB_IMG_1694371902837

S650 Mustang Panel Gaps Continue to be a problem FB_IMG_1694351901449

S650 Mustang Panel Gaps Continue to be a problem FB_IMG_1694351896913

S650 Mustang Panel Gaps Continue to be a problem FB_IMG_1694539229762
Sponsored

jimgt2k24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 silver GT 401A, auto, act exh, perf pkg, nite
My car is good in all the circled areas. Probably the luck of the draw but it shouldn't be like that.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Thatā€™s so unacceptable in 2016. Oh, sorry, 2024ā€¦..

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
I'm honestly more tolerant of panel gaps (pun intended) as long as there's not a hard touch/rubbing/binding or gaps big enough for critters to crawl through. But the ones you have exhibited absolutely should not have been released by QC.

I'd make sure the dealership would have repairs scheduled before I left with the car, except for that headlight to lower front fascia gap. I'd refuse delivery until that one was fixed.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 GT vert A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 6MT
One of those hood-to-header panel gaps looks exactly like my new ā€˜23 Mach 1. Iā€˜m not even gonna bother taking it to the dealer and getting it back with a door nick or worse; Iā€™m gonna take it to a local high end body shop and pay them to adjust it out if they can.

This is nothing new. Itā€™s been de rigueur at Flat Rock forever and always will be. Dave Kindig ainā€™t gapping these things. We need to get over it. If they could have done better they would have a long time ago.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Panel gaps continue to be a problem. When the first people got their cars I checked the pictures on panel gaps and for some reason all of the new Mustangs looked very well. It looked like the trunk, hood, headlights and door gaps were dealt with, but nope..

I already found people who got their hands on their brand new cars with many issues.

- panel gap trunk
- panel gap hood + panel in front of the hood
- panel gap front bumper / headlights
- panel gap rear lights
- panel rubbing on other panel, especially the trunk and the hood

Check your cars before accepting it.

This Vapor Blue owner has a car that has all of the panel issues on his vehicle.

The story goes on..

FB_IMG_1694351846259.jpg

FB_IMG_1694371902837.jpg

FB_IMG_1694351901449.jpg

FB_IMG_1694351896913.jpg
I had the trunk panel gap issue when it is hitting or barely missing the side panel. Pointed it out and dealer made an I owe you about it so it would be fixed at their expense

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
Repair to your satisfaction before accepting you new Mustang. What the hell happened to quality control to miss all these
all these panels that a near blind person could see.

GTPony24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang by convertible
Here is a picture of the panel gap that came with my 2024 GT delivered 9/7. Itā€™s just behind the passenger door near the bottom and it appears to have gotten worse since I started driving it. Upon very close inspection. It looks like the fastener grooves on the back of the panel donā€™t line up with their snap in tabs correctly. Thankfully we have a picture showing that it was there before pick up. Unfortunately, the issue does extend to the rocker panel which has more play than it should. I know we all hunger to get behind the wheel, but I really think folks need to inspect their cars meticulously, and even check the undercarriages for transit damage before taking possession

S650 Mustang Panel Gaps Continue to be a problem IMG_2783

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
By chance is there a determined failure/misalignment rate? Every car on Tuesday type of thing or are we seeing random anomalies, squeaky wheel gets the grease type of thing. While in agreement perfection is preferred would still like to know the rate/ratio of deformity.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By chance is there a determined failure/misalignment rate? Every car on Tuesday type of thing or are we seeing random anomalies, squeaky wheel gets the grease type of thing. While in agreement perfection is preferred would still like to know the rate/ratio of deformity.
I guessed this one šŸ’Æ%.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Way too many historically. Just a general lack of attention to detail in assembly along with flawless backup by the experts at poor quality control to make certain it gets to your door like that-which makes the whole thing kind of inexcusable. I think Moe, Larry and Curley are on the assembly line. Theyā€™re not happy until youā€™re not happy.:crying:

Last edited:

ItMeMatP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Here is a picture of the panel gap that came with my 2024 GT delivered 9/7. Itā€™s just behind the passenger door near the bottom and it appears to have gotten worse since I started driving it. Upon very close inspection. It looks like the fastener grooves on the back of the panel donā€™t line up with their snap in tabs correctly. Thankfully we have a picture showing that it was there before pick up. Unfortunately, the issue does extend to the rocker panel which has more play than it should. I know we all hunger to get behind the wheel, but I really think folks need to inspect their cars meticulously, and even check the undercarriages for transit damage before taking possession

IMG_2783.jpeg
I hate to point this out to you if you didn't realize...but can you tell that the bottom of body panel is a different colour than the your door and quarter panel?