• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

12.0V resting - should I be concerned?

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Just went out to lower the convertible top on my two day old GT convertible. I noticed the voltage reading is 12.0V currently. I drove it yesterday afternoon for maybe 15 min. Doesn't that voltage seem low? Do you think I should be ok with it or should I have it checked out? 12 seems low to me for a car that hasn't been sitting a long time?
Sponsored

rvercoe218

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 convertible
Just went out to lower the convertible top on my two day old GT convertible. I noticed the voltage reading is 12.0V currently. I drove it yesterday afternoon for maybe 15 min. Doesn't that voltage seem low? Do you think I should be ok with it or should I have it checked out? 12 seems low to me for a car that hasn't been sitting a long time?
Did you power the top with engine on or off? I wouldn't be concerned as along as it's charging at close to 13.7v running...

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you power the top with engine on or off? I wouldn't be concerned as along as it's charging at close to 13.7v running...
Off, but just once, from up-to-down

Planning to take it this afternoon for a weekend trip and just don't want to be nervous about it possibly not starting.

When I drove it last it was reading 13.5V while running

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
You're fine. It's an issue when the battery dies. Other than that don't worry about voltage readings

rvercoe218

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 convertible
Off, but just once, from up-to-down

Planning to take it this afternoon for a weekend trip and just don't want to be nervous about it possibly not starting.

When I drove it last it was reading 13.5V while running
No concerns.... drive it and enjoy it!

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Just curious where in the car's menu do you find the voltage reading? I just picked mine up on Wednesday but didn't drive it at all yesterday and probably won't today. I should probably keep an eye on my voltage.

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just curious where in the car's menu do you find the voltage reading? I just picked mine up on Wednesday but didn't drive it at all yesterday and probably won't today. I should probably keep an eye on my voltage.
It in that center cluster on the left screen (not the center touch screen). Just scroll up with the steering wheel buttons and you'll see it.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
It in that center cluster on the left screen (not the center touch screen). Just scroll up with the steering wheel buttons and you'll see it.
Ok very good info and I appreciate it. Enjoy that beautiful new Mustang!!

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
If your car is only 2 days old and you did not charge the battery when you got home, I am not at all surprised. Mine was at a 50% state of charge when I took delivery. It took a 10A battery charger a few hours to bring it up to full. If you are going to take a long drive this weekend (at least a hundred miles), then it will charge on it's own. If your idea of long is 50 miles, I would put a charger on it today and let it run overnight. It's probably a good idea to do that anyway.

Enjoy your new car!!!

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If your car is only 2 days old and you did not charge the battery when you got home, I am not at all surprised. Mine was at a 50% state of charge when I took delivery. It took a 10A battery charger a few hours to bring it up to full. If you are going to take a long drive this weekend (at least a hundred miles), then it will charge on it's own. If your idea of long is 50 miles, I would put a charger on it today and let it run overnight. It's probably a good idea to do that anyway.

Enjoy your new car!!!
Heading out this afternoon. ~80 miles. Hopefully that charges it up. But yeah I think I will pick up a charger just for piece of mind.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
Make sure the charger you get is suitable for AGM batteries. I personally have both a NOCO Genius 5 and a Genius 10. They work great but there are many other options as well.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury

Enjoy your new car!!!
I've only had my car two days also so I guess I should probably put it on a charger as well. So are you using something similar to these? I will need to buy one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W46BX31

https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GENIUS2-Fully-Automatic-Temperature-Compensation/dp/B07W6B987F

https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GENIUS5-Fully-Automatic-Temperature-Compensation/dp/B07W8KJH44

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007ESQW08?th=1

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered the Noco Genius5 5A charger on the recommendation of @DCS

~$70

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I ordered the Noco Genius5 5A charger on the recommendation of @DCS

~$70
I've had my car for one week and put about 110 miles on her - mostly city driving. Gas mileage up to 14.3 mpg. I've had zero problems with the computers - so far.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Make sure the charger you get is suitable for AGM batteries. I personally have both a NOCO Genius 5 and a Genius 10. They work great but there are many other options as well.
How long does it normally take to charge with the NOCO Genius 5?
Sponsored