• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Check engine light came on, if anyone has had the same problem? Should I keep driving it or just take it to the dealer Thanks

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
If the condition has gone away, the dealer will likely tell you to come back if it returns. But you should definitely let the dealer know.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
I had a similar things pop just after I got my 2018 and on my 2021 F150, bot time I had it checked and it was nothing serious and the guy said there would be more serious warnings if it would cause damage to continue to drive. I would take it to the dealer and go easy until then.

jimgt2k24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 silver GT 401A, auto, act exh, perf pkg, nite
Did the light come on in the car or are you just using the app? I have heard that if the check engine light is blinking, you should stop driving.

OP
OP
Jorge FarĂ­as
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
Did the light come on in the car or are you just using the app? I have heard that if the check engine light is blinking, you should stop driving.
The check engine on the car came on and then I check the app and I got that message, but the check engine wasn’t blinking

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Mine did that the first week I had it as well. Took it to the dealer and they said there were no codes but the battery was very low. After charging up the battery it was fine, until the battery got low again. For some reason the original battery wouldn't hold a charge and it was replaced.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Mine did it at 20k miles. Hasn't happen since. No codes after it cleared on its own.

Sorry should mention I'm in an S550.

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Mine did the same thing once when I hit 140mph, and then it cleared up. I asked the dealer about it and they said they will throw a check engine code at high speeds because of the vibrations.

OP
OP
Jorge FarĂ­as
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
Thanks everyone, after driving it today to work about 18 miles the check engine light went away, hopefully it doesn’t comeback again
S650 Mustang Check engine light came on, if anyone has had the same problem? Should I keep driving it or just take it to the dealer  Thanks IMG_1245
Sponsored