• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

12.0V resting - should I be concerned?

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I ordered the Noco Genius5 5A charger on the recommendation of @DCS

~$70
I'm leaning towards ordering the NOCO Genius 5 also. Probably worth spending a few more dollars on the Genius 5 as I'm sure it charges faster than the Genius 1 or 2.
Sponsored

Reactions: DCS

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
How long does it normally take to charge with the NOCO Genius 5?
That all depends upon the state of your battery when you start charging it and how fast the charger charges.

I'll borrow this from another site:

A small car battery can be charged in 24 hours at 2 amps, or 5 hours at 10 amps. Mid-sized car batteries can be charged in 31 hours at 2 amps, or 6 hours at 10 amps. Larger vehicle batteries can be charged in 50 hours at 2 amps, or 10 hours at 10 amps.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
How long does it normally take to charge with the NOCO Genius 5?
Mine too about 48 hours. However, this was NOT a continuous charge. I disconnected the charger a few times to do some errands and I just wanted to drive the car!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Just went out to lower the convertible top on my two day old GT convertible. I noticed the voltage reading is 12.0V currently. I drove it yesterday afternoon for maybe 15 min. Doesn't that voltage seem low? Do you think I should be ok with it or should I have it checked out? 12 seems low to me for a car that hasn't been sitting a long time?
In short yes, if it keeps it up (or in this case doesn’t) it’ll be dead before long. Agm isn't as bad as lead but once it reaches a certain level the alternator isn't the best recharge method.

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
In short yes, if it keeps it up (or in this case doesn’t) it’ll be dead before long. Agm isn't as bad as lead but once it reaches a certain level the alternator isn't the best recharge method.
I have a charger arriving early next week. We'll see how it looks after being completely topped off. On my 80 mile+ trip yesterday the voltage was all over the place from 12.5 - 14.5 No issues starting or anything.
Sponsored

Reactions: Zig