• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

If i ordered a Dark Horse today? What kinda delay would i expect? or get a Mach 1 thats available now?

Jxp1962

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang ecoboost premium
Hi i am in the market for an upgrade. I have a 2017 ecoboost pp its my non winter daily driver. I love the car, 27 mpg consistently, although i had to replace the engine last year at 36k pages, head gasket ford replaced the engine, out of warranty. This sort of soured me to the turbo ecoboost. Plus, i love my ecoboost, but every time i start it, i sigh… miss the 8 cylinder rumble….

so i am leaning on-trading my ecoboost for something bigger, i would love a new dark horse, but guessing, with all the delays already, i might be late to be putting in an order…. If i put a deposit down this week, how long of a delay would i reasonably expect? Are a lot of dealers doing ADM on the dark horse?

im torn between waiting, or getting a last production year mach 1.

Love the old style, but a mach 1 would be almost identical inside as my ecoboost. With a dark horse, id get all the new technology. I am trying to guess to a time frame for estimated delivery if ordered now.

Also i would guess going to a high mustang volume dealer might get me a car faster?
Any big mustang dealers in new england that does not have ADMs?
Thanks for any info

S650 Mustang If i ordered a Dark Horse today? What kinda delay would i expect? or get a Mach 1 thats available now? IMG_4867
Sponsored

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64.5 Mustang Conv, ‘22 Maverick, ‘23 Escape
For DH, many are doing ADM. Some have posted that they got them for MSRP.
Dealers are getting limited DH allocations; a lot only getting 1, larger places getting 3 or 5. And that is for the entire 18 month run. So if you don’t get one of those allocations you are waiting a long time.

GT can be had for X-plan, so can get below MSRP on them. They will be easier to get, but still somewhat limited because of commodity & supply chain stuff.

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
Tasca Ford in Rhode Island is huge. Would imaging they would have many allocations.

Tacticly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram TRX
Hi i am in the market for an upgrade. I have a 2017 ecoboost pp its my non winter daily driver. I love the car, 27 mpg consistently, although i had to replace the engine last year at 36k pages, head gasket ford replaced the engine, out of warranty. This sort of soured me to the turbo ecoboost. Plus, i love my ecoboost, but every time i start it, i sigh… miss the 8 cylinder rumble….

so i am leaning on-trading my ecoboost for something bigger, i would love a new dark horse, but guessing, with all the delays already, i might be late to be putting in an order…. If i put a deposit down this week, how long of a delay would i reasonably expect? Are a lot of dealers doing ADM on the dark horse?

im torn between waiting, or getting a last production year mach 1.

Love the old style, but a mach 1 would be almost identical inside as my ecoboost. With a dark horse, id get all the new technology. I am trying to guess to a time frame for estimated delivery if ordered now.

Also i would guess going to a high mustang volume dealer might get me a car faster?
Any big mustang dealers in new england that does not have ADMs?
Thanks for any info

IMG_4867.jpeg
I ordered one 6 weeks ago still no build date just order accepted let’s say I get an august build if lucky that’s September delivery, remember the model year has 14 months left could be the fall when you get it

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
It does not matter when they build them, fact is you won't ever get one unless you order it. Get off the fence and order one.

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
Most likely all the DH allocations left are going to have ADM's. Wish you luck! Don't give up though see what you can find.

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
Buy the Mach F’ the 650 and all the problems that will be associated with a first year model run. For Gods sake they can’t even get out of the gate w/o addressing issues they already have - where do you think that will leave you after it’s delivered, recall city, fighting with BS dealers about warranty issues - Forgeda’ bout it …!!!

OP
OP

Jxp1962

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang ecoboost premium
I put a deposit on a DH from a local dealer… according to the salesperson, whom i do not know at all… the dealer was promised 2 allocations for DH’s and i was the first to put a deposit down. So i am in line, no idea how long of a wait and i was told no ADM’s.
I built it with Grabber blue. I was hoping to do blue ember, but the build software did not let me select that option?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Blue Ember is a special color for the Dark Horse but you have to order the appearance package with the premium DH to get. (700a + 54c). Your dealer should have been able to tell you this.

Also I sure hope you’re getting these things written down and signed by the general manager and/or owner. And by that I mean the allocation and the MSRP price. Without it in writing you are leaving yourself open to getting screwed.
Sponsored