• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Hunting for a Dark Horse….

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Imagine thinking the dark horse is a worthy trade from the 350 R. Lol that dealer is smoking crack cocaine.
Yep... not going to do it but was more curious to see if they would say OK to MSRP since there are a ton of Dark Horses on the lots by me
Sponsored

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
Yep... not going to do it but was more curious to see if they would say OK to MSRP since there are a ton of Dark Horses on the lots by me
Picked one up off the lot for MSRP in Dallas. Looked like my original order was never going to get scheduled due to dealer brainlessness.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Picked one up off the lot for MSRP in Dallas. Looked like my original order was never going to get scheduled due to dealer brainlessness.
Congrats..and nice job getting MSRP! . they are really nice cars... what color did you get?

OP
OP
Nicky Pass

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
So this is what I've been through so far...

Dealer #1 - Local to me: They have a Shadow Black, Non HP car. The sell it at MSRP, but they tinted the windows and ceramic coated it....add $1000. I agree, but I want to inspect it my way. I find scratches on the front bumper, the front splitter was scraped, there was a few chips here and there....but the worst was the hack ceramic coat job! There were high spots all over the car! They said sign the papers and we will give a "we owe". I walked...I said make it perfect and I'll buy it....they ghosted me for a week. They just called yesterday to see if I was still interested...I haven't called back or looked at it "fixed".

Dealer #2 - 25 Minutes away: They have a Blue Ember HP car...it was stunning! BUT....they were asking $10K over. They said that's that....no negotiating. I said MSRP and I'll buy it right now....they said $7500 over.....I walked. They called me and asked if I'd do $3k over, I said no. They are wholesaling it today!

Dealer #3
They Vapor Blue Non HP car...they were at $7500 over. I talked them down to $1500 over. We settled at $500 over....but, there was scratch on the bumper that they fixed. I looked it over and it looks great. I inspected on spot with a LED flashlight for 20 minutes! so I have this one that I can grab.

Dealer #4
They have a Dark Matter Gray Non HP car at MSRP. My issue is that the dealer is 6 hours away. They will ship it to me and take my trade back for $900. I'm nervous about buying a car sight unseen....but it is a MSRP deal.

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats..and nice job getting MSRP! . they are really nice cars... what color did you get?
I went with the Blue Ember, it's going to the spa today for a week for PPF and tint.

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So this is what I've been through so far...

Dealer #1 - Local to me: They have a Shadow Black, Non HP car. The sell it at MSRP, but they tinted the windows and ceramic coated it....add $1000. I agree, but I want to inspect it my way. I find scratches on the front bumper, the front splitter was scraped, there was a few chips here and there....but the worst was the hack ceramic coat job! There were high spots all over the car! They said sign the papers and we will give a "we owe". I walked...I said make it perfect and I'll buy it....they ghosted me for a week. They just called yesterday to see if I was still interested...I haven't called back or looked at it "fixed".

Dealer #2 - 25 Minutes away: They have a Blue Ember HP car...it was stunning! BUT....they were asking $10K over. They said that's that....no negotiating. I said MSRP and I'll buy it right now....they said $7500 over.....I walked. They called me and asked if I'd do $3k over, I said no. They are wholesaling it today!

Dealer #3
They Vapor Blue Non HP car...they were at $7500 over. I talked them down to $1500 over. We settled at $500 over....but, there was scratch on the bumper that they fixed. I looked it over and it looks great. I inspected on spot with a LED flashlight for 20 minutes! so I have this one that I can grab.

Dealer #4
They have a Dark Matter Gray Non HP car at MSRP. My issue is that the dealer is 6 hours away. They will ship it to me and take my trade back for $900. I'm nervous about buying a car sight unseen....but it is a MSRP deal.
If they were all sitting in front of you at MSRP, what's your choice?

OP
OP
Nicky Pass

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
It’s between the Vapor Blue and Dark Matter Gray. The Gray one is 400 miles away….the Vapor Blue one is local.

Honestly…I like the Vapor blue because of the contrast that shows the gray accents.

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s between the Vapor Blue and Dark Matter Gray. The Gray one is 400 miles away….the Vapor Blue one is local.

Honestly…I like the Vapor blue because of the contrast that shows the gray accents.
Looks like you answered your own question. Sure that Vapor Blue one will be gorgeous.
Happy Hunting.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Mustang 2019, GT 500 Magnetic 2020, 2020 Bullitt, Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Octane 2019, Dodge Charger Hellcat White Knuckle 2019, Toyota Supra Premium 2020, Toyota Avalon TRD 2020, Honda Civic Type R 2019
Great posting if your still on the fence buy the HP manual. I actually ordered a Non Hp and auto Ember Blue and didn’t buy it. IMO it looks like a GT with DH badges. The auto doesn’t have Rev matching and the rear wing is different, I own as well the GT 24 same color as the DH. I have already modded the GT and border line didn’t buy the DH. WOW the new DH HP Tremec is so close to my former GT500 2020 feel I am even amazed. The Dark Horse is the Mach 1 replacement in so many ways and very pricey birder line too much money. Fully optioned out your better off buying a used 500. I feel the DH Hp Manual will be the sought after one in the years to come. Good luck in your decision and here’s mine that I just put a H Pipe on Corsa.
https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/th...st-sound-thank-you-lethal-performance.159468/
Sponsored