• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How to remove Gyeon Q² Rim?

Supra Killer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion, '24 Mustang GT
I applied this sealant to my performance pack wheels. It has a high gloss finish once it dries. It almost looks wet but the problem is I don't think I prepped the surface correctly and it adhered unevenly. I tried to fix that by going over with another coat but it didn't help.

I just want to remove this stuff now but am not sure how. It says "safe between PH levels of 2-11". Anything that acidic or alkaline seems like it would damage the cleat coat also. It says it typically last about 6 months.

Ideas?
Sponsored

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
I applied this sealant to my performance pack wheels. It has a high gloss finish once it dries. It almost looks wet but the problem is I don't think I prepped the surface correctly and it adhered unevenly. I tried to fix that by going over with another coat but it didn't help.

I just want to remove this stuff now but am not sure how. It says "safe between PH levels of 2-11". Anything that acidic or alkaline seems like it would damage the cleat coat also. It says it typically last about 6 months.

Ideas?
I'd love to find a product that looks wet and lasts 6 months. Not sure one exists. Most seem to come off easily when the car is washed.

OP
OP
Supra Killer

Supra Killer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure if you had a professional install Xpel ceramic coating on your wheels, it would last much longer than 6 months, but not really going to look wet.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
@DFB5.0 get your ass back here to 7G.
This is up your alley!

Mljh85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
If youre looking for another product, I just put on Shine Supply's Bead lock wheel ceramic coat and it went on very easily and gave it a very subtle increase on shine. If you look at my Oxford white update post you can see. Sadly I didnt take a picture next to a non coated wheel. Im on borrowed time doing stuff on my car in between kids naps lol.

OP
OP
Supra Killer

Supra Killer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If youre looking for another product, I just put on Shine Supply's Bead lock wheel ceramic coat and it went on very easily and gave it a very subtle increase on shine. If you look at my Oxford white update post you can see. Sadly I didnt take a picture next to a non coated wheel. Im on borrowed time doing stuff on my car in between kids naps lol.
I might actually consider that at some point. The shop that did my PPF and ceramic (didn't do the wheels) is a Shine Supply distributor.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
I'm sure if you had a professional install Xpel ceramic coating on your wheels, it would last much longer than 6 months, but not really going to look wet.
Ah, I thought you were talking about tire shine. (Maybe I should've looked up the product you named. 😉) Yes, my ceramic was professionally done and has a lifetime guarantee. That stuff is great, especially with the red calipers and easy brake dust cleaning on the wheels.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si

Ideas?
Going to have to physically remove it rather then chemically.
Some rubbing compound and some elbow grease might do the job.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
To remove a ceramic coating, you need to abrade it from the treated surface. That doesn't mean wet-sanding, rather a polish. Try using something like Sonax Perfect Finish or Rupes DA Fine.

If you can wait, the Gyeon just released a product at SEMA last week that might be up your alley.

S650 Mustang How to remove Gyeon Q² Rim? gtr101

Gyeon Total Remover is apparently able to strip ceramic coatings. It's only just been announced but should be available in the next few months. This would save you from polishing those PP wheels, I've done it before and hope never to do so again! :crazy:

S650 Mustang How to remove Gyeon Q² Rim? IMG_9824

S650 Mustang How to remove Gyeon Q² Rim? IMG_9830

OP
OP
Supra Killer

Supra Killer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks @DFB5.0

I think I will wait for Gyeon's sealant remover.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
To remove a ceramic coating, you need to abrade it from the treated surface. That doesn't mean wet-sanding, rather a polish. Try using something like Sonax Perfect Finish or Rupes DA Fine.

If you can wait, the Gyeon just released a product at SEMA last week that might be up your alley.

gtr101.png

Gyeon Total Remover is apparently able to strip ceramic coatings. It's only just been announced but should be available in the next few months. This would save you from polishing those PP wheels, I've done it before and hope never to do so again! :crazy:

IMG_9824.jpg

IMG_9830.jpg
I’m curious as to what they are using that will remove the coating? I’m betting it’s something that roughens up the coating surface rather than removing it since the coating actually adheres to the clear coat.
Sponsored