• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
Interstellar

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
After further investigation, my infographic seems to be correct for cars shipping via truck. For cars shipping via rail, it seems the info under "SHIPPED" is incorrect. I need some more information, including tracker pics and actual car statuses to make an accurate change though. All I've gotten is anecdotal evidence but no actual evidence.

I'm considering putting an asterisk that says *if car is shipping via rail, date shown is pickup date.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Interstellar

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Your infographic is good it’s just the last part that needs edit, the “shipped” is release to carrier.
Incorrect. There are trackers that show shipped date and final prep date on the same date with a different date under "Built". Your statement may sometimes be true, but cannot be used as a blanket statement; just as what I currently have cannot be used as a blanket statement.

I see your point but what evidence do you have that can back you up with? If you are right, my car was built on 6/8 and has been sitting somewhere for almost 3 months while others with the later order dates are driving the car left and right.
Who are you talking to? If me, then yes, your car has been sitting for months, just as many of ours are. Contact ford chat and ask them if it's built. If you have a date under "In Production" it is built.

Paulie820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Lancer, 24' GT in Atlas Blue
Incorrect. There are trackers that show shipped date and final prep date on the same date with a different date under "Built". Your statement may sometimes be true, but cannot be used as a blanket statement; just as what I currently have cannot be used as a blanket statement.

Who are you talking to? If me, then yes, your car has been sitting for months, just as many of ours are. Contact ford chat and ask them if it's built. If you have a date under "In Production" it is built.
It’s shown true for the majority of orders, IE those going by rail. Most “surprise deliveries” happen with orders going truck the whole way. I think you have it mixed around, the trackers you’re referring to are the exception, not the rule

FroYo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Could you both provide some more info for me so we can clear this up? Y'all have dates under shipped but your car is where exactly? And how did it get there, and what happened on the date under shipped that deserved a tracker update? Thanks!
My car has date since it was moved from built to shipped, and my dealer send me email at the same day as date(+1 maybe) on a tracker, and told me quote "your vehicle has been received by the shipper and ETA is *****"

btw on a tracker it self there is ETA as well:
S650 Mustang How to interpret Ford Online Vehicle Tracker + Tips & Tricks 1693438556379

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
After further investigation, my infographic seems to be correct for cars shipping via truck. For cars shipping via rail, it seems the info under "SHIPPED" is incorrect. I need some more information, including tracker pics and actual car statuses to make an accurate change though. All I've gotten is anecdotal evidence but no actual evidence.

I'm considering putting an asterisk that says *if car is shipping via rail, date shown is pickup date.
My car got a date under shipped the day it was shipped to ramp 59 from ramp 58 where it is still sitting waiting for a rail to KC.

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
Howdy all, there seems to be so much confusion regarding the online vehicle tracker and I figured a thread that new people could learn from would settle down some of the uncertainty and questions. Might be smart to sticky this too.

First off, what is the Ford Vehicle Tracker? It can found at the link HERE
To use it, you will need your VIN number and order code. Generally speaking, both of these come from your dealer. The order code pretty much has to come from your dealer, but the VIN can come from Ford chat assuming your order has been processed through Ford (and not just your dealer).
Ford chat can be reached HERE and Ford Performance Chat can be reached HERE

You should receive an email from Ford immediately saying your order has been confirmed. This is the date that will eventually show under "Order Confirmed"
Note: This may be the last time you receive an email from Ford. The email system is highly automated and many users report inaccurate, delayed, or missing emails every step of the way.​

Next Ford will assign a week you are scheduled for production. This date is likely to change and is meaningless until you are assigned a blend date and a window sticker is generated. You will receive a date under "Scheduled Week of" when your build is actually sent to the factory.
Technically, this is the BEGINNING of your car's production, although parts aren't physically assembled until your blend date (which is found at the top of your window sticker where it says "Blend")​

Obviously the next step is completing/assembling your build (which again actually begins on Blend Date not on the date under "Scheduled Week of"). This may take a few days or a few weeks, depending on your blend date's timing relative to your scheduled week, the complexity of your build, and any unforeseen delays.
When your vehicle is BUILT, you will see a date under "In Production".
AT THIS POINT YOU MAY START RECEIVING ETA'S FROM FORD CHAT OR YOUR DEALER. THEY ARE MEANINGLESS AND ARE COMPLETE GUESSES. MANY USERS' DATES HAVE COME AND GONE, MONTHS AT A TIME. Read below.​

Now begins the worst part of the process, waiting for the vehicle to ship. This may take hours or may take months (RIP all of us with early build dates). You can check with Ford chat for your vehicle's location in the meantime but this info is essentially meaningless. When your vehicle BEGINS SHIPPING TO DESTINATION (this might mean transfer to a rail yard, transfer to holding area to await pickup, or loaded straight on a truck to your dealer), you will see a date under "Built". This is an automated status update, and I have not seen any vehicles arriving without a date under "Built".
ETA MAY POPULATE IN THE BOTTOM OF YOUR TRACKER, AND ANY CHAT OR DEALER PROVIDED ETA'S CAN BE TAKEN AS "TRUE" ALTHOUGH STILL EXPECT DELAYS

When your vehicle ARRIVES at its destination it MAY OR MAY NOT update to include a date under "Shipped". This seems to be a process that requires an input from someone, so this date may never appear, even if your car has been delivered to it's destination.

Finally, your car needs dealer prep before you get the keys. A date seems to appear under "Final Preparation" as soon as dealer acknowledges receipt of car, but again, may remain blank even if your car is ready.

Notes:
  • Sometimes the tracker will not load or display an error message. Refresh/try a different browser/come back later.
  • Sometimes the tracker will display dates with or without green bubbles or checkmarks underneath. This is simply a UI glitch. The only thing to focus on is date or lack thereof
  • Bugging Ford chat or your dealer may provide more detailed information, but 99% of the time they will not know anything more than the tracker
  • ESTIMATED DATES OF ANY KIND ARE LIKELY TO BE INCORRECT
  • Of course, the tracker may be completely busted or incorrect sometimes, so no need to comment "tHe trAcKEr is WRonG FoR mE"

TL;DR see picture below or simply shift the title of all statuses to the left to get your vehicle's correct status. The status displayed is always 1 phase behind what is really happening.

View attachment 565660
I found out on Tuesday that the ford tracker is an illusion. Mine said built on 8/23. My car was delivered to the dealership on Tuesday 8/29. Picked up the car Wed 8/30. Even the salesman said the tracker is run by a 3rd party and not connected to Ford for updates. After picking up my car, I checked the tracker, it cycled back to order confirmed.

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
Howdy all, there seems to be so much confusion regarding the online vehicle tracker and I figured a thread that new people could learn from would settle down some of the uncertainty and questions. Might be smart to sticky this too.

To use it, you will need your VIN number and order code. Generally speaking, both of these come from your dealer. The order code pretty much has to come from your dealer, but the VIN can come from Ford chat assuming your order has been processed through Ford (and not just your dealer).

You should receive an email from Ford immediately saying your order has been confirmed. This is the date that will eventually show under "Order Confirmed"
Note: This may be the last time you receive an email from Ford. The email system is highly automated and many users report inaccurate, delayed, or missing emails every step of the way.​

Next Ford will assign a week you are scheduled for production. This date is likely to change and is meaningless until you are assigned a blend date and a window sticker is generated. You will receive a date under "Scheduled Week of" when your build is actually sent to the factory.
Technically, this is the BEGINNING of your car's production, although parts aren't physically assembled until your blend date (which is found at the top of your window sticker where it says "Blend")​

Obviously the next step is completing/assembling your build (which again actually begins on Blend Date not on the date under "Scheduled Week of"). This may take a few days or a few weeks, depending on your blend date's timing relative to your scheduled week, the complexity of your build, and any unforeseen delays.
AT THIS POINT YOU MAY START RECEIVING ETA'S FROM FORD CHAT OR YOUR DEALER. THEY ARE MEANINGLESS AND ARE COMPLETE GUESSES. MANY USERS' DATES HAVE COME AND GONE, MONTHS AT A TIME. Read below.​

Now begins the worst part of the process, waiting for the vehicle to ship. This may take hours or may take months (RIP all of us with early build dates). You can check with Ford chat for your vehicle's location in the meantime but this info is essentially meaningless. When your vehicle BEGINS SHIPPING TO DESTINATION (this might mean transfer to a rail yard, transfer to holding area to await pickup, or loaded straight on a truck to your dealer), you will see a date under "Built". This is an automated status update, and I have not seen any vehicles arriving without a date under "Built".
ETA MAY POPULATE IN THE BOTTOM OF YOUR TRACKER, AND ANY CHAT OR DEALER PROVIDED ETA'S CAN BE TAKEN AS "TRUE" ALTHOUGH STILL EXPECT DELAYS

When your vehicle ARRIVES at its destination it MAY OR MAY NOT update to include a date under "Shipped". This seems to be a process that requires an input from someone, so this date may never appear, even if your car has been delivered to it's destination.

Finally, your car needs dealer prep before you get the keys. A date seems to appear under "Final Preparation" as soon as dealer acknowledges receipt of car, but again, may remain blank even if your car is ready.

Notes:
  • Sometimes the tracker will not load or display an error message. Refresh/try a different browser/come back later.
  • Sometimes the tracker will display dates with or without green bubbles or checkmarks underneath. This is simply a UI glitch. The only thing to focus on is date or lack thereof
  • Bugging Ford chat or your dealer may provide more detailed information, but 99% of the time they will not know anything more than the tracker
  • Of course, the tracker may be completely busted or incorrect sometimes, so no need to comment "tHe trAcKEr is WRonG FoR mE"

TL;DR see picture below or simply shift the title of all statuses to the left to get your vehicle's correct status. The status displayed is always 1 phase behind what is really happening.

View attachment 565660
Thanks for your post. You have done a great job and It is perfect also for newbies.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I found out on Tuesday that the ford tracker is an illusion. Mine said built on 8/23. My car was delivered to the dealership on Tuesday 8/29. Picked up the car Wed 8/30. Even the salesman said the tracker is run by a 3rd party and not connected to Ford for updates. After picking up my car, I checked the tracker, it cycled back to order confirmed.
The tracker going back to order confirmed usually means the car has shipped! Congrats on your 2nd S650!

Mritz7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang ecoboost premium

Notes:

View attachment 565660
Extremely correct!. My order was in the first date available, 3/27. Today I finally got a built notice. My brother's order which was also the same day but 1 order number behind mine. He is picking his GT up today.

ItMeMatP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I was little annoyed because mine was updated to Shipped on 8/28 and I live 4 hours away from the plant. My window sticker staid it was arriving by convoy.

3 days go buy and I'm wondering how the hell could it take that long even if there were multiple stops, and when I asked Ford they said it left via rail. Why the hell would I get shipped by rail being so close...

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
OP
OP
Interstellar

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
great guide!

hmm, this timeline looks awfully familiar...
I appreciate your service to the cause.

I will be updating the post and infographic when I can. Been a bit busy but I want to create something accurate and useful.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
You can not trust tracker to be accurate. What it tells you and what Ford CRC (CHAT) tells you are usually different. The one source that will be the most accurate is your dealer with Vin/View.

PS.. Built does not mean shipped. Additional. Shipped does not mean delivered.

OP
OP
Interstellar

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
You can not trust tracker to be accurate. What it tells you and what Ford CRC (CHAT) tells you are usually different. The one source that will be the most accurate is your dealer with Vin/View.

PS.. Built does not mean shipped. Additional. Shipped does not mean delivered.
"Built" does mean shipping process has started. "Shipped" as discussed ad nauseum above, can mean many things, but generally speaking, is a meaningless date

Paulie820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Lancer, 24' GT in Atlas Blue
I was little annoyed because mine was updated to Shipped on 8/28 and I live 4 hours away from the plant. My window sticker staid it was arriving by convoy.

3 days go buy and I'm wondering how the hell could it take that long even if there were multiple stops, and when I asked Ford they said it left via rail. Why the hell would I get shipped by rail being so close...
You serious? I have convoy listed too so I was hoping I wouldn’t have to deal with a train. I did end up going by rail but it at least makes sense since I’m all the way in Jersey, you’re at most one state away! It can’t be cheaper to put it on rail to go 4 hours than to truck it 4 hours, can it?
Sponsored