• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Help with a decision please

SM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT premiuim. 2023 Ford Expolorer ST
I have recently ordered a GT premium. vapor blue, carmine red, 6 speed, PP, MR and active exhaust, plus the bronze package. Since I have placed this order, my dealer has gotten a couple in. both GT premiums, both have performance package. one is black on black with the active exhaust and 6 speed, the other is atlas blue, carmine red, mr, bronze package, but has non active exhaust.

so my question is, with the waits folks are experiencing, should I jump on one of those, if so which one would you good folks recommend?
Sponsored

Ng1nyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
I have recently ordered a GT premium. vapor blue, carmine red, 6 speed, PP, MR and active exhaust, plus the bronze package. Since I have placed this order, my dealer has gotten a couple in. both GT premiums, both have performance package. one is black on black with the active exhaust and 6 speed, the other is atlas blue, carmine red, mr, bronze package, but has non active exhaust.

so my question is, with the waits folks are experiencing, should I jump on one of those, if so which one would you good folks recommend?
Personally, I wouldn’t get one without the Active exhaust because It’s very practical and the quad tips just look much much better. So that would rule out the atlas blue even though it seems like it’s a much closer build to what you ordered.
Does the black on black have PP , MR? If it does, that would be my choice. If not then you’d be getting a car that isn’t really close to what you wanted .

So I’d say depending on the status of your order; you can just wait patiently until you get exactly what you ordered for. None of those options seem directly comparable to your build. Maybe define which options are a must have for you and whichever doesn’t have them gets crossed out.

But if you can’t wait and you definitively gotta have it now then if your main use will be cruising around, go black. If you intend to track and go heavy on it, go with the atlas blue.
That’s my $0.02

OP
OP

SM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the black one has the performance package, active exhaust, 6 speed. no magneride though. Status of my build is order confirmed, thats it. no vin yet.

Mustang6924

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe GT, 2024 Mustang GT Premium
If you just ordered now I would expect it to come in around early to mid 2024. If you are not in a hurry I would suggest you to just wait it out. When you're spending this much money its better to get exactly what you want.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Nice to see somebody else ordered Atlas Blue w/ Carmine Red interior... Wife's choice! :clap::clap::clap:. I agree with the others that active exhaust is a must. My original order didn't spec it, but I changed my mind. Looks better with quad tips and I'm not looking to go aftermarket so it's practical. Best wishes !

Ng1nyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
the black one has the performance package, active exhaust, 6 speed. no magneride though. Status of my build is order confirmed, thats it. no vin yet.
In that case, Black would be the choice.

OP
OP

SM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
well, if i did jump on one, it would most likely be the black one with active exhaust. for some reason i feel the active exhaust is more of a deal breaker than the magneride

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Atlas Blue GT
I have Active. After a few weeks of driving it needs a better sound. I can't describe the issue. Maybe "muffled"? My other toy is a ZL1 and with the switchable exhaust it sounds 100% better. Raspy, snap crackle pop.

I will be looking to upgrade.

Atlas blue/ carmine, hands down.

S650 Mustang Help with a decision please 24 GT side

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I am no doubt in the minority here and that's alright, but I chose the AE first for the looks and second so I can QUIET down the car as needed. I tend to take long trips and sometimes like a nice quiet exhaust note.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
The first gives you a lot of what you want. I had that in my last one and really wished I'd gotten magnaride. So, I wasn't willing to settle this time. You can keep an eye out for other cars that come up if you choose to wait, but I agree it could be a long wait. MR is nice, but it's not as significant as stick vs auto, or AVE or PP.

OP
OP

SM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The first gives you a lot of what you want. I had that in my last one and really wished I'd gotten magnaride. So, I wasn't willing to settle this time. You can keep an eye out for other cars that come up if you choose to wait, but I agree it could be a long wait. MR is nice, but it's not as significant as stick vs auto, or AVE or PP.
I forgot to add I am coming from a 21 gt premium. No extras except the active exhaust. So the magneride was actually the least of my wants. It was more added to the order just because I could lol.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
I forgot to add I am coming from a 21 gt premium. No extras except the active exhaust. So the magneride was actually the least of my wants. It was more added to the order just because I could lol.
Cool. I'm coming from similar. '21 GT premium, pp, ave, A10... Switched to '24 GT premium, pp, M6, mr, ave. It's been well worth it for me. I actually posted my evaluation of the switch in the forum here. I think you'll like the new car.

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
Well Friday morning I went made the decision.
IMG_4848.jpeg
IMG_4850.jpeg
Looks great! The wait is hard. I got a VIN and build date (10/9) pretty quickly after I ordered on 8/3, so it is easier for me, but I think if I were in your shoes, I would have also had a very hard time waiting! Congrats.
Sponsored