• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Hate to Burst your Bubble.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don't know about the manufacturing specifics, but the process is feeling exactly like the Bronco. Initial order, long wait, finally get a VIN, more wait, delays, then in production, then wait, stuck on the factory lot, long delivery times, tracking through the railroad, finally showing local, at the dealer....and THEN get the phone call. Two years to get my Bronco, and I'm really hoping it's less than a year for the Mustang. But you never know.
My wife tried to order a Bronco and the local dealer said, "No, Ford's not accepting orders because they are about 2 years behind on some of the vehicles they promised to people."
This was last year late summer early fall.

So, if you want to think it's the same as the Bronco - let me know in a couple years if you still don't have your Mustang at that time I will agree it's exactly like the Bronco situation.
Sponsored

8cam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
My wife tried to order a Bronco and the local dealer said, "No, Ford's not accepting orders because they are about 2 years behind on some of the vehicles they promised to people."
This was last year late summer early fall.

So, if you want to think it's the same as the Bronco - let me know in a couple years if you still don't have your Mustang at that time I will agree it's exactly like the Bronco situation.
That sounds exactly like what happened with the Bronco. I placed my order on day 2 and so I had a complete process. But many people tried to place them later and got turned away with those same excuses. And then some got in because their dealer had a preferred status, pissing off others, and on and on. It's been years of drama on Bronco6g.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
That sounds exactly like what happened with the Bronco. I placed my order on day 2 and so I had a complete process. But many people tried to place them later and got turned away with those same excuses. And then some got in because their dealer had a preferred status, pissing off others, and on and on. It's been years of drama on Bronco6g.
I'm sure it sucked royally and I hope you don't have to go through it again. I would be extremely surprised if it happens with this light redesign of the Mustang.

I've test driven a couple Broncos and I thought they were great. I'm not an SUV person, but I really liked them. Are you happy with yours?

8cam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
I'm sure it sucked royally and I hope you don't have to go through it again. I would be extremely surprised if it happens with this light redesign of the Mustang.

I've test driven a couple Broncos and I thought they were great. I'm not an SUV person, but I really liked them. Are you happy with yours?
I love it, totally worth the wait, almost 15k miles in a year. I had a heavily modified 80-series Land Cruiser before the Bronco and I pushed that rig hard. The Bronco is factory stock and will do 90% of what that Land Cruiser could do, and it's far better on-road with modern comfort and technology. When the Mustang gets here I'll have my ideal garage.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I ordered my car on 3/27 and haven't received an email or anything else from Ford confirming my order. I've checked with my dealer and they say my order was accepted and that my car is a "clean build", whatever that means. After watching some videos, it seems the the NP Package and PP are holding things up. I was hoping to have my car by August or September, but now I'm not sure.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
I ordered my car on 3/27 and haven't received an email or anything else from Ford confirming my order. I've checked with my dealer and they say my order was accepted and that my car is a "clean build", whatever that means. After watching some videos, it seems the the NP Package and PP are holding things up. I was hoping to have my car by August or September, but now I'm not sure.
The NP and PP are going to cause some delays, but most members with both have gotten scheduled already. There are only about 1000 retail orders unscheduled, so you have a pretty good chance of getting pulled in July for September scheduling, meaning you would get the car around October if that happens.

I would try to chat with Ford Performance and double check if you haven't already been scheduled, to be sure. You will need your order number and sales code that should be on the order sheet you get from your dealer.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/contact-us/

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Thank you. Do I need any info when I contact Ford Performance?

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Thank you. Do I need any info when I contact Ford Performance?
Sales and order codes, top right of your order sheet, i highlighted it here. Your dealer should be able to give you a copy.
S650 Mustang Hate to Burst your Bubble. Dora

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
The Tracking system has never worked for my Vin. I call once a week to see where my car is in the product status.

Ordered 3/26- Ecoboost Premium convertible with the 201A performance package.

Currently in the Body/Trim department.
Tracker never worked for me until they fixed their system and got the build and price to working. Almost like they fixed both when they went in and did it. Try it now.

Mritz7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang ecoboost premium
Tracker never worked for me until they fixed their system and got the build and price to working. Almost like they fixed both when they went in and did it. Try it now.
I understand that, I just found out Friday that my car is one of those sitting in the giant circle or a parking lot. Thatā€™s at least good news that I might get it at some point in the next 30 days.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I understand that, I just found out Friday that my car is one of those sitting in the giant circle or a parking lot. Thatā€™s at least good news that I might get it at some point in the next 30 days.
Thatā€™s great news!!!!! Iā€™m looking at a early September deliveryā€¦.hopefully

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Checked today, mine went from 7/31 to 8/04. LOL

I am sure it will bounce around some more .

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, GT350
My Mustang has been ā€œin productionā€ since June 15. Just got the famous supply chain email. This launch is turning to the Bronco. The lack of information from Ford and speculation leads to everybody getting there hopes up. Those of you with a july eta Iā€™m sorry but nobody is getting there car until December at this point. I waited 2 years for Ford to deliver on a bronco that never happened. Now they are going to do the same with this.
You're definitely a "glass is half empty" kind of guy, huh? Hey, on the bright side, there's plenty of S550s to be had. That fancy dash on your S650 is going to be all problematic anyway. šŸ˜‰

Lynchburgsam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
You're definitely a "glass is half empty" kind of guy, huh? Hey, on the bright side, there's plenty of S550s to be had. That fancy dash on your S650 is going to be all problematic anyway. šŸ˜‰
Iā€™d probably rather have the Mach 1 but these dealers around me wonā€™t come off a $70K price. Itā€™s like they donā€™t want to sell them.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, GT350
Iā€™d probably rather have the Mach 1 but these dealers around me wonā€™t come off a $70K price. Itā€™s like they donā€™t want to sell them.
This one just blasted off for about $55k today. They're out there. Unless you need to be the 1st owner.

S650 Mustang Hate to Burst your Bubble. Screenshot_20230703_174304_Chrome
Sponsored