• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Guesses on What the 2024 GT Will Need For Track Days

Rate_of_Twist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO, 22 Triumph Speed Twin
I'm, about ready to throw in the towel on the S650 given the inability to source a Dark Horse.

Frankly, I think the Dark Horse looks dumb, but I wanted it for the Tremec and cooling for track days. I prefer the looks of the GT in grabber blue with the black painted roof, but concerned I will forever regret not having the better transmission and cooling. Ford seems to have made some poor choices in the past when it comes to spec'ing cars for track use (PP1 and PP2 seemed to not have adequate cooling from what I've read) Would really hate to get an over priced S650 and then have it need another $4k in crap bolted on.

Any idea what I should expect and how long for support for oil and diff coolers? Care will be a second car for nice weather, road trips and HDPE events re0placing my NC Miata.

Would love to be able to order a brand new V8 sports car before they go away, but I'm quickly looking in the direction of used GT350 / C7 Grand Sport / Camaro SS 1LE at this point
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rate_of_Twist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO, 22 Triumph Speed Twin
Missed the other threads on this - sorry, feel free to delete