• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Got My Order, Sometimes It All Works Out

FredBGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Corvette
Ordered myself a Mustang GT last June after getting promoted and my Toyota getting totaled in a flood. Two weeks later, we were told we'd be getting laid off because the company we were contracted to do work for closed North American operations. Looked like I'd never be able to get the car. I cancelled the order but thankfully, the dealer kept the order in, knowing they could sell it even if I didn't take it. Last week the salesman said the car had came in. I recently started a very good job so I decided there was no harm in looking the car over and if I didn't like it, I still had my Corvette.

Got there and drove it and it really blew me away. My C4 Corvette was the most fun car I'd owned but wasn't too practical. The Mustang was better in every way. Quicker, better braking, felt tighter, better ride, certainly more power. Love the 10r80, always feels like it's in the right gear. So I bought it and picked it up today. My first Ford, my first Mustang GT, my first new car. Looked at a lot of Mustangs and various Fords but never could find the right one or they got sold out from under me. Well worth the wait. Now my brother wants to order an Oxford White GT.

Color's a bit more "orangey" than I thought but I like it. Considered Oxford White but I wanted something different, most of my cars were white.
S650 Mustang Got My Order, Sometimes It All Works Out IMG_1649 - Copy
Sponsored

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617)
Congratulations - looks sweet!

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Yea, Toyota moving out of NKY was a surprise, but this area is going thru some economic changes.....again. Glad to see everything worked out and congrats on your 1st stang.........you're gonna enjoy it immensely.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
Congrats, I love my DMG S650 but Race Red really pops.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Looks great. The black wheels really work well with that color.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Congratulations, @FredBGT !! I"m glad everything worked out for you.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Ordered myself a Mustang GT last June after getting promoted and my Toyota getting totaled in a flood. Two weeks later, we were told we'd be getting laid off because the company we were contracted to do work for closed North American operations. Looked like I'd never be able to get the car. I cancelled the order but thankfully, the dealer kept the order in, knowing they could sell it even if I didn't take it. Last week the salesman said the car had came in. I recently started a very good job so I decided there was no harm in looking the car over and if I didn't like it, I still had my Corvette.

Got there and drove it and it really blew me away. My C4 Corvette was the most fun car I'd owned but wasn't too practical. The Mustang was better in every way. Quicker, better braking, felt tighter, better ride, certainly more power. Love the 10r80, always feels like it's in the right gear. So I bought it and picked it up today. My first Ford, my first Mustang GT, my first new car. Looked at a lot of Mustangs and various Fords but never could find the right one or they got sold out from under me. Well worth the wait. Now my brother wants to order an Oxford White GT.

Color's a bit more "orangey" than I thought but I like it. Considered Oxford White but I wanted something different, most of my cars were white.
IMG_1649 - Copy.jpg
Glad it worked out for you!

OP
OP
FredBGT

FredBGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Corvette
Thanks everybody. Already got 101 miles on it now. After the roller coaster since I ordered the car, it makes it that much sweeter. Hoped the story might help someone keep their chin up if they hit similar bumps in the road.
Sponsored