• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

rrbrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
https://www.motor1.com/news/716802/photo-file-mustang-rtr-teaser/

Almost like a confirmation...

RTR Stage 3...

I do believe that we'll not get another Shelby branded car but RTR would be super lame to me...
Like their style or not, it is very obvious that Ford has quite a strong connection to RTR at least at the moment but I would hope for a more unique name...
Unfortunately, I think this is the smoking gun. Leaks due to file names happen all the time in the modern car industry because of the internet.

Someone else said that this could be a red herring but I find it unlikely that Ford would even think about a detail as small as that. It's more likely that they just overlooked changing the file name when using it in their website.

After all the wild theories I agree that it would be a let down for this to be some RTR model.
Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Unfortunately, I think this is the smoking gun. Leaks due to file names happen all the time in the modern car industry because of the internet.

Someone else said that this could be a red herring but I find it unlikely that Ford would even think about a detail as small as that. It's more likely that they just overlooked changing the file name when using it in their website.

After all the wild theories I agree that it would be a let down for this to be some RTR model.
I think so too. And that sucks. Rtr is another Rousch, Saleen, etc. but minus the engine upgrades. And the designs aren’t attractive. It’s all lighted pig nostrils. No thank you. Why Ford would hype an aftermarket tuner company at an official event is beyond me. We want something fro.m the factory that makes the s650 an exciting proposition.

total letdown. Wow.

that’s basically saying “we have nothing exciting coming up, so here’s an aftermarket thing!”

hoping against hope that’s it’s just an image not related to actual car.
dang that sucks.

Last edited:

Simp03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
I’m hoping Ford goes back to the 03 04 SVT Cobra days and its a ST Cobra.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
How about superchargers? Would they be similar to turbochargers in regards to throttle application or would they be more of an in-between with turbos and natural aspiration? And on that note, are there modern vehicles that use centrifugal supercharging as opposed to positive-displacement? (The last question is more of the sounds they make, but throttle application can also apply here.)
Superchargers are better than turbos generally in that there is typically less lag and the power curve can be more linear (in addition to functioning better from a performance standpoint). But they add a lot of weight and complexity to a vehicle and there can be some disadvantages with regards to the size of the engine's power band. My opinion is adding cubic inches is cheaper, more reliable and lighter. Basically, larger cubic inch engines are better in every way compared to power adders other than possibly passing some EPA test.

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
Definitely ICE.

The way the back cloth seems to go beyond the rear sheet metal, could be a new convertible (Dark Horse convertible?). Otherwise a BOSS or Bullitt.

Hmm ......

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
New Cobra Jet...
I really hope not, but it could be. I like the idea of the Cobra Jets. They are cool in appearance and theory, but, I don't get terribly excited cause they are not street legal.

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
The silhouette is so similar to the Dark Horse true.... The RTR file name is a red herring...I really hope it is something more than just a track only Cobra Jet or a supercharged Dark Horse. We need something worthy of "joining the Mustang stable" quote from the presentation. If it is something lame, I'll be thoroughly disappointed.
S650 Mustang Ford Teases "New Addition to the Mustang Stable" Coming in 2025 1714355797741-kt

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium Conv., 2017 Edge Sport
I think so too. And that sucks. Rtr is another Rousch, Saleen, etc. but minus the engine upgrades. And the designs aren’t attractive. It’s all lighted pig nostrils. No thank you. Why Ford would hype an aftermarket tuner company at an official event is beyond me. We want something fro.m the factory that makes the s650 an exciting proposition.

total letdown. Wow.

that’s basically saying “we have nothing exciting coming up, so here’s an aftermarket thing!”

hoping against hope that’s it’s just an image not related to actual car.
dang that sucks.
I don’t think this is an RTR vehicle. Why would Ford advertise an aftermarket edition at their 60th anniversary party? Of course they have exciting stuff to offer. Just look at their racing line up.

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Keep I'm more of the daily-cruiser type who occasionally likes to drive the car more spiritedly within the speed limit than the person who's well-versed with performance and trying to optimize everything around that.
What fun could AWD possibly bring to the daily-cruiser type? I've only driven Audi and Dodge AWD cars and it feels like it removes enjoyment from the driving experience. Make a heavy car feel heavier and steering disconnected.
Unless it's about straight line acceleration or driving in the snow with summer tires, I think AWD would dilute the spirit. Ken Block's cars are not what we're talking about here.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I don’t think this is an RTR vehicle. Why would Ford advertise an aftermarket edition at their 60th anniversary party? Of course they have exciting stuff to offer. Just look at their racing line up.
that's a great question. why? Only if they have nothing special planned and are desperate. Teh finelneame being changed after discovery is a possible indicator.

I truly hope it's an actual Ford Performance product. Not some lame aftermarket deal.

GripTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse, 2006 Mustang GT
Here is my updated guess which is like a McLaren P1 Hybrid RWD. Lol

Ford proved it could make a good handling car that was heavy with the GT500 & DH. This new model will be a stripped down DH, weight saving components added (carbon driveshaft, etc) and then the weight will be added back with hybrid components. Therefore you will have a 4100lbs, 2 seater, Hybrid Mustang. I am struggling with AWD as that seems it would be too heavy. A tail happy, powerful, RWD Mustang at 3.2 seconds 0-60 for $99,000 Base price.

Removing the rear seats will give the space for adding the hybrid components. The Mach E allowed Ford to test their EV technology on a performance model.

The name will be Mustang GT Stallion E :)