• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
The wording from Ford here is really bad. "Nascar Next Gen" seems to be indeed the name of a completely new Nascar build that all brands will use for the upcoming season. So Ford Fords car does not necessarily tease us the S650 design, it still could the Nextgen Nascar car with an S550 appearance.

S650 Mustang Ford Teases NASCAR Next Gen Mustang Race Car, Debuts May 5 for Global Mustang Week 1618567279267

But I compared the hood in the video with the 2020 Nascar Mustang and the sculpture. According to the articles I found the carmakers can design the hood and sidelines freely. I am not quite sure if they even are allowed to change the frontend that reminds me much more of Charger or Camaro.

Here's the footage, take a close look at the outer fender edges, with the higher straight lines in the center of the hood.
S650 Mustang Ford Teases NASCAR Next Gen Mustang Race Car, Debuts May 5 for Global Mustang Week 1618566498803

S650 Mustang Ford Teases NASCAR Next Gen Mustang Race Car, Debuts May 5 for Global Mustang Week 1618566254696

As you can see the lines of the current Nascar Mustang are totally different. The hood is pretty much shaped like the real 18+ S550, with the powerdomes and the vents.
S650 Mustang Ford Teases NASCAR Next Gen Mustang Race Car, Debuts May 5 for Global Mustang Week 1618566639065

And here's the sculpture. The strong fender line and straigth lines in the center seem to match the Nascar teaser quite well.
S650 Mustang Ford Teases NASCAR Next Gen Mustang Race Car, Debuts May 5 for Global Mustang Week 1618566300645

S650 Mustang Ford Teases NASCAR Next Gen Mustang Race Car, Debuts May 5 for Global Mustang Week 1618566529047

So it could be that Ford will tease us their next Mustang. But I am still more on the sceptical side
Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500, 2021 Bronco
I won't be surprised if it's anything more than a more detailed Mustang looking sticker package...

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I won't be surprised if it's anything more than a more detailed Mustang looking sticker package...
Ford can only change minor things on the Nascar. It's not like they can use a S650. So it will be a Nascar will Mustang visuals, that may or may not resemble a S650

fordmustangnerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Ford can only change minor things on the Nascar. It's not like they can use a S650. So it will be a Nascar will Mustang visuals, that may or may not resemble a S650
Actually Ace from everything I've heard and seen these are going to be the closest thing to looking stock that we've seen since the 80s. So you might be pleasantly surprised to see more than just stickers making it a mustang.

fpvfan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 mustang GT
Wonder if the NASCAR mustang will use the "Godzilla" engine seeing that there were the rumors from awhile ago that spoke on the next Mustang possibly getting the Godzilla pushrod engine.

It's funny, one part of me is excited to see what Ford does with the Next Gen S650 Mustang but at the same time there's a part of me that's scared to see what Ford does next with the car. I'm all for improvements to a vehicle but improvements to some may not be improvements to others. For example I'd be completely stoked if the Mustang grew to the size of a BMW 8-Series with a coupe and grand coupe model with base 335hp/400tq 2.7L, a ST model with the 3.0L 400hp/415tq, an RS model with a 480/542tq 3.5L AWD Ecoboost setup, a GT model with the 494hp/630 3.0L Hybrid, a MAch 1 with a N/A FPC 5.2L pushing 550hp and then a supercharged 5.2L FPC Cobra pushing over 700hp. Give the car the lighting styling of the MAch E both up front and in the rear and give the car the widebody stance of the GT350/GT500 with the ST, RS, and GT models getting their exhaust systems tuned to sound more like the Ford GT supercar with optional Akrapovic titanium exhaust systems. That's more than enough muscle and makes the car better balanced. With that king of lineup, Vehicles like the Mach E electric family of crossovers blend in to a point where you can have the 480hp electric Mach E GT and go up to an 1400hp or higher Mach E Cobra & Cobra R with vehicles that go after the Porsche Taycan, Porsche Cayenne Coupe, the BMW X6 and the Audi E-Tron GT. To me, these would be improvements. Granted it's not everyone's cup of tea but to me, this would be the direction I would love to see the Mustang go.

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Man, I f'in love NASCAR. Can't wait for these new cars. I hope they're are less aero-dependent. They are supposed to be.
I really wonder about Chevy. Yeah, the new car will probably come out as a Camaro, but what happens when they kill it in a year or two?

I'm no chevy fan, but I don't want the Camaro to die. But I really don't see it continuing. Maybe now that the Corvette is more differentiated? I dunno.

Chevy has no other car that they could use for the NASCAR bodies. No sedans.
I'm with you, MikeyV. As much as I will always take the Mustang instead, the Camaro shouldn't be discontinued. Could there be a possibility that whenever the Camaro is discontinued, Chevrolet will make the car look like a Corvette instead? I think not, because it likely wouldn't fit the shape of the NASCAR stock car. The only other option I think is that they pull out of NASCAR entirely, but let's hope that's not the case.

-SG

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
So they leaked early and while not the clearest image here they are boiz GT500 For the mustang!!
1619533277278.png

Nice find, thank you.

In a way, I'm glad they've not used this to preview S650. I'd much rather see the real thing............talking of which where ARE those prototypes?!?

fordmustangnerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
No idea on where the prototypes are. But i'll say this the cars look sooo damn good and whoever shot this pic is gonna lose his job.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
NASCAR claimed "Return to Stock" dayum, they weren't lying.

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 Mustang GT, '73 El Camino, '12 Mazdaspeed3
Looks good, kinda wish it was the Mach 1 instead of GT500 tho. That black bumper section isn’t too attractive to me.
Sponsored