• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford insurance curiosity

24BlueStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost
Has anyone here had the Ford insurance or currently have the Ford insurance? Curious on how good it is and if it’s even something us owners should even consider. I’m kinda leery of it being they already know how we drive each time we get in it so kinda makes me wonder about them
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Insurance? Or extended warranty? Ford does not offer insurance, as it's not an insurance company.

OP
OP
24BlueStang

24BlueStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost
Insurance? Or extended warranty? Ford does not offer insurance, as it's not an insurance company.
It’s on their website when you login to look at your payment stuff. It clearly says insurance. That’s why I was asking

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s on their website when you login to look at your payment stuff. It clearly says insurance. That’s why I was asking
Can't say I've ever seen that, as I don't use Ford Credit for financing. I can't imagine they are very competitive (rates) but, hey, you never know.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
https://www.ford.com/ford-insure/

"Ford Insure is underwritten by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company and affiliates."

I feel it is not worthwhile for a few reasons:

- The site mentions driving monitoring to get the deepest discounts. You might be quoted one thing, then realize that was a mirage when you get the actual bill or adjustment later

- They're are selling insurance via Nationwide "...and affiliates." They are a re-seller

- "Bundling". That's the only keyword I needed to see. Any company using that term is often encouraging the practice to hide fees, commissions and terms

- Through all the levels of companies involved, I wonder how well the program pays, the customer service experience and what the adjusters are like, versus other insurance providers

It's cool you found that. I would not have thought Ford offered insurance. But it doesn't seem to have any value. I think you'd find better deals elsewhere.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
- The site mentions driving monitoring to get the deepest discounts. You might be quoted one thing, then realize that was a mirage when you get the actual bill or adjustment later
All the big insurance companies do this. My previous insurer did. My current insurer (just changed) offers it. I know every one I contacted when getting quotes (another 3) offers it, but I explicitly stated, "I want my quote to NOT include that", and they obliged without issue.

- They're are selling insurance via Nationwide "...and affiliates." They are a re-seller
So is every single independent insurance agent/agency in the nation.

- "Bundling". That's the only keyword I needed to see. Any company using that term is often encouraging the practice to hide fees, commissions and terms
That's just the term they all use to describe multi-policy discounts (e.g., home, auto, life, etc.). Those discounts have been offered for decades.

- Through all the levels of companies involved, I wonder how well the program pays, the customer service experience and what the adjusters are like, versus other insurance providers
THAT is the only real unknown, and what's most important. Sure, any company can give you a great rate, but how does their claims process work?

It's cool you found that. I would not have thought Ford offered insurance. But it doesn't seem to have any value. I think you'd find better deals elsewhere.
I definitely have to agree that it is more likely that better deals may be found elsewhere, but until we hear from folks who use them and have had claims, we're just speculating.

OP
OP
24BlueStang

24BlueStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost
Yeah I was kinda thinking the same things. Just didn’t know what anyone here knew about it. Curious to see if anyone goes through them and gives feedback. I don’t use them but was just curious
Sponsored