• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is Ford Selling Our Driving Data to Insurance Companies?

PlaneCDR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Performance
I read the article about GM selling a guy's driving data to LexisNexis. His rates went up substantially. He requested a copy of his LexisNexis report and it was 285 pages long, including hard accelerations, hard stops, etc!

I have been driving Mustangs for the last two years, so I requested my LexisNexis report. It was 82 pages long. I am just one example, but in my case there was nothing from Ford in the report with respect to my driving habits.

You can request your report at the link below. I ended up having to call to prove my identity, but you are supposed to be able to request the report using their online form alone. I think it is worth it, even if only for the peace of mind.

https://consumer.risk.lexisnexis.com/request
Sponsored

OP
OP
Darkness24

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
Thanks for the link!!

silex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I requested the LexisNexis report via online form last week. I haven't received any confirmation that my request was received and not sure what to do about it. They don't answer the phone there.

I got several quotes from my insurance company be for specing out and ordering ordering my 2024 Mustang GT. They jacked my rates twice the amount they quoted once I paid for the car.

I did some shopping around and for better rates. Multiple companies said I had a nasty insurance claim on my record. One of the brokers sent me a screenshot for review. The record shows that I was driving the pickup truck that rear-ended my 07 Mustang in January!

I contacted the other guy's insurance adjuster. She sent me a letter and other documents showing me as not at fault. She referred me to LexisNexis and washed her hands of any liability for the error.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'm not well versed on the S650 Telemantics system, but I would be surprised if it wasn't the same or very similar to the S550. Folks, data is being collected and shared. You can opt out of the insurance data sharing (which you should do) and even opt out of fordpass. However that doesn't stop data from being beamed back to ford over the mobile network. Everything you do, everywhere you go, is being sent back to ford and stored.

The thread links that bikeman posted on the previous page is a good read. I started one of them because I own one of the fastest mustangs ever built and my driving habits on the street and the track are none of anyone's business. I figured out a way to pull the plug on the data stream and still maintain the overall function of the vehicle (minus the fordpass features).

If you drive your S650 like any mustang owner should, you need to pull the plug on the telemantics modem (IMHO).

OP
OP
Darkness24

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not well versed on the S650 Telemantics system, but I would be surprised if it wasn't the same or very similar to the S550. Folks, data is being collected and shared. You can opt out of the insurance data sharing (which you should do) and even opt out of fordpass. However that doesn't stop data from being beamed back to ford over the mobile network. Everything you do, everywhere you go, is being sent back to ford and stored.

The thread links that bikeman posted on the previous page is a good read. I started one of them because I own one of the fastest mustangs ever built and my driving habits on the street and the track are none of anyone's business. I figured out a way to pull the plug on the data stream and still maintain the overall function of the vehicle (minus the fordpass features).

If you drive your S650 like any mustang owner should, you need to pull the plug on the telemantics modem (IMHO).
So, what exactly are we pulling??

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
So, what exactly are we pulling??
The plugs that power the telematics modem.

Question is, where is that modem located? On the pickups it's on the rear wall behind the second row seats. I have no idea where it's at on the S650 cars.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The plugs that power the telematics modem.

Question is, where is that modem located? On the pickups it's on the rear wall behind the second row seats. I have no idea where it's at on the S650 cars.
On the s550, it's in the left hand rear part of the trunk behind the liner near the tail light. I'd be surprised to find that ford moved the location on the s650

For those that want to know, see the link to my thread that bikeman posted. Lots of good info in that thread.

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
I think we can all agree insurance company are predatory scum of the same ilk as credit card companies, loan sharks,....................?????????? OMG!!!!

Zig's post above has an insurance advert in it! They're watching us NOW! Run for it! :crackup:

ShelbyMilk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 DH
Any car, phone or device in your home records your data... different levels of specificity. The phone has data on speed (gps) etc etc so...

Read the ToS (Terms of Service) / EULA (End-User License Agreement) as stated above.

Nothing is free....folks will freely download apps and hand their data over to save $1 for a coupon while taking your data (and may include your contact list of family and friends) and selling it.

Hope those apps are worth your privacy and your pennies. Doubt it.

Old man rant over...

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
Any car, phone or device in your home records your data... different levels of specificity. The phone has data on speed (gps) etc etc so...

Read the ToS (Terms of Service) / EULA (End-User License Agreement) as stated above.

Nothing is free....folks will freely download apps and hand their data over to save $1 for a coupon while taking your data (and may include your contact list of family and friends) and selling it.

Hope those apps are worth your privacy and your pennies. Doubt it.

Old man rant over...
Not really a rant. More like the sad truth about our current state of electronic modernity. :wink:

Quick! Someone que up Blue Oyster Cult's "the Machine".

OP
OP
Darkness24

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not really a rant. More like the sad truth about our current state of electronic modernity. :wink:

Quick! Someone que up Blue Oyster Cult's "the Machine".
How about Judas Priest- Electric Eye!:wink:
Sponsored