• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

For those upset with the new design… at least it doesn't look like new BMW M2

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
I'm not disappointed in the S650 in the least. However, I will gladly jump on the BMW bashing bandwagon. They used to make some of the most beautiful cars on the road. Yes the M2 is atrocious. But the M5, M8, and to an extent the M4/M3 are gorgeous cars.
BMW design hit a peak about 10-15 years ago and it's been all downhill since then.

Love this meme about their kidney grill evolution 🤣 🤣 🤣

S650 Mustang For those upset with the new design… at least it doesn't look like new BMW M2 D1PyIIAXgAAmtZ5
Sponsored

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Forgive my obliviousness, but I see nothing wrong with it. It looks better than the rest of the 2-series at the moment, and infinitely better than any of what the 7-series has to offer (both sedan and SUV).

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Well, I tried to give it the decency of a 2002 retro-look but probably more like this…

S650 Mustang For those upset with the new design… at least it doesn't look like new BMW M2 1E55AC7B-DE16-48F8-B53F-5212740B1F8A

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Forgive my obliviousness, but I see nothing wrong with it. It looks better than the rest of the 2-series at the moment, and infinitely better than any of what the 7-series has to offer (both sedan and SUV).
The current BMW m2 looks so much better imo.

I'm sure the design will grow as we see more of it and videos / in person. But I think this design is a big step down. At least with the things I didn't like about the mustang, I could see why they did it and what the thought process was. This new BMW looks like an economy car, not a sports car.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
the M2 is BMWs bottom of the barrel car.
I am not so sure I would agree with that. The M2 is (or at least was) aimed more at drivers, the same way that the original M equipped cars were. Comfort and luxury took a back seat to reasonably priced performance. But over the years the "M" line has grown soft and bloated and is aimed more at old farts who really want a comfortable luxury car but still want to think that they are buying "M" class performance.

The current BMW m2 looks so much better imo.
Totally agree (even though it too is suffering from enlarged kidney disease). The M2 is the only BMW I would even think about buying these days.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I am not so sure I would agree with that. The M2 is (or at least was) aimed more at drivers, the same way that the original M equipped cars were. Comfort and luxury took a back seat to reasonably priced performance. But over the years the "M" line has grown soft and bloated and is aimed more at old farts who really want a comfortable luxury car but still want to think that they are buying "M" class performance.

Totally agree (even though it too is suffering from enlarged kidney disease). The M2 is the only BMW I would even think about buying these days.
Have you ever seen the 3series or 5series or 8series coupe? They are true BMWs and are absolutely gorgeous looking cars. Don't know why they went overboard with 4series or M3|M4... The next 5series will keep its classy and sporty sedan look. However, this 2series/M2 looks like a spare parts GT86 with a better engine... It's like Toyota came up with that design... Horrible...

Regarding the Mustang though, I think the design will grow on many people. In addition, I think that the iPad interior will make a better impression when sitting in the actual car. If Ford enroles the Android system for the MY25 (hopefully) we might even get a sh!tload of customization options and all these screens are displaying really useful information or nothing at all, if wanted.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Have you ever seen the 3series or 5series or 8series coupe? They are true BMWs and are absolutely gorgeous looking cars. Don't know why they went overboard with 4series or M3|M4... The next 5series will keep its classy and sporty sedan look. However, this 2series/M2 looks like a spare parts GT86 with a better engine... It's like Toyota came up with that design... Horrible...
Up to about 15 years ago, I would agree with you about the 3 series coupe, but they have gone steadily downhill since then and, in fact, there is no such thing anymore (the 3 series are only sedans). The current M3/M4 are just stupid expensive and try to pack too much luxury and gadgetry along with performance features designed to check the marketing boxes into one package. Go back in time to 1986 and the M3 was just what the M2 is today, a "performance parts" bin car at a no-nonsense price point with no pretense of being anything else.

Regarding the Mustang though, I think the design will grow on many people. In addition, I think that the iPad interior will make a better impression when sitting in the actual car. If Ford enroles the Android system for the MY25 (hopefully) we might even get a sh!tload of customization options and all these screens are displaying really useful information or nothing at all, if wanted.
I think Ford is recreating history here (intentionally or unintentionally) with a car that evokes a few more Fox body styling queues than classic '60's Mustang ones. I owned 3 Fox body Mustangs and loved them all, but they were no lookers.

Ford needed to shake things up at least a little with the styling and I think they achieved the goal of something that is just unique enough to be recognizably different without completely losing continuity to the S550. I am OK with the interior, but it will really need to be seen to determine how effective the digital dash is. The S550 digital dash is marginal at best.

Nothing about the new line up excites me enough to be first in line to buy one though.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra

seriously, it’s the bottom level. It’s just enough so that if you’re in college and want to be cool by having “m” on it, you can because it’s easily attainable. But it’s nothing special. At all.

for bmw, it’s the sporty version of the fiesta.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
The only thing that truly bothers me about the 650 is that Ford changed the rear quarter panel, but purposely kept the s550 rear quarter window shape. All they had to do was change that snd the whole thing would look new. Instead that one element makes it look s550 plus.

seems like it was designed by committee.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
For those unfamiliar, this is a BMW 2002:

cq5dam.resized.img.520.low.time1626783875923.jpg
The sad part is if BMW wanted to continue this trend of doing large grilles, I think taking inspiration from that, where the grille is stretched horizontally instead of vertically, and encompasses the the headlights would look a lot better. The answer is right in front of them but they're pulling inspiration from their hideous 30s-40s designs instead.