• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Exhaust Pop

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
I didn't have the s550 but I would say it was the same, pretty straight forward. It took some minor fitment tweaks to get everything looking symmetric.
Ah I see. I might just get this then and try. I've been looking at getting it for 2 weeks 😂. Just saw no one mention that they have tried it on the s650. Does the SwitchFire sit low clearance wise, it looks like it could scrap from looking at youtube videos.
Sponsored

JamesAnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
If it's the normal exhaust popping, it's a beautiful thing. Mine pops and gurgles more than my s550 did, and it sounds wonderful. Usually happens when engine braking or quick shifting.

If it's something else, that's more concerning.
Exhaust popping is the calling card of a moron, and shouldn’t be on a Mustang. It’s something I would expect on something like a Audi hatchback with a 2 litre turbo, not a NA V8.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Mmm. Not horse friendly for sure. I guess it's normal mode for you. But kudos for the consideration, given a bucking horse is no fun for the rider or passing vehicles.
Not really. My brother and sister had horses when we were growing up. I wasn't interested so I didn't get one. Still after they lost interest in moved away I sometimes ended up cleaning the exhaust products from the corral so you were careful not to do anything unexpected. Horses can be big babies however it's survival to respond to the unexpected.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Exhaust popping is the calling card of a moron, and shouldn’t be on a Mustang. It’s something I would expect on something like a Audi hatchback with a 2 litre turbo, not a NA V8.
Neigh, popping through mufflers is more polite than spitting fire.

Supra Killer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion, '24 Mustang GT
A lot of automotive engineers are going to pretty disappointed when they find this out. You might reach out to them and show them how it should be. I'm sure they would be grateful.

OP
OP
RadBadChad

RadBadChad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang V6, 24 GT
It wasn't the exhaust I was hearing. It was just the seatbelt slapping against the side. Sounds nothing like a normal exhaust pop. More of a snapping sound or cracking.

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
I too have heard the Pops and some Burbling when letting off the accelerator and when the 10 Speed Transmission is downshifting in Sport (My Mode) Mode with only 145 miles at the moment. My S550 used to have a “Burble-Fest“ from the Ford Performance Tune with the CAI and Ford Performance Sport Exhaust. Did not have the AE on my S550.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
I too have heard the Pops and some Burbling when letting off the accelerator and when the 10 Speed Transmission is downshifting in Sport (My Mode) Mode with only 145 miles at the moment. My S550 used to have a “Burble-Fest“ from the Ford Performance Tune with the CAI and Ford Performance Sport Exhaust. Did not have the AE on my S550.
How did you like the Ford performance exhaust by borla?

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
How did you like the Ford performance exhaust by borla?
I was very pleased with it and do miss it at the moment but that will be Temporary!! Wish they were Slash cut but it didn’t stop my adoration every time I accelerated!! đŸ€ŁđŸ€Ł

This time, if Ford Performance doesn’t have them in a Slash cut style I’ll just get them from Borla.

dh3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 301a, Auto, Black, Black accent package
mine does it and I hate it. Had three 550’s and none did it.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
My S550 with an MBRP sport did it but it was more burble and it wasn’t obnoxious like some of these imports or German cars running around. My s650 6spd stock does a little pop and burble at times and it’s not a bad sounding thing at all.

JamesAnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
A lot of automotive engineers are going to pretty disappointed when they find this out. You might reach out to them and show them how it should be. I'm sure they would be grateful.
Sure, do you have Elon Musks email address?

Supra Killer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion, '24 Mustang GT

JamesAnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
Yes, Elon agreed popping exhausts are the calling card of a moron.
Sponsored