• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Exhaust Pop

OP
OP
RadBadChad

RadBadChad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang V6, 24 GT
I drove it in normal mode on the way to work this morning and got up to 85 and didn't hear a thing. I also did it on a different road. Yesterday I was in sport mode. It legitimately sounds like rocks hitting my windshield nothing like the normal exhaust pop I hear when decelerating. Closer to a crack than a pop. Fordpass doesn't show any issues.
Also when I heard it yesterday it wasn't hard acceleration I was basically cruising at probably 2000 rpm. Might point to it not being exhaust at all. Got it up to 5000 rpm and 85mph this morning (sounded beautiful btw) and no pop.
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Also when I heard it yesterday it wasn't hard acceleration I was basically cruising at probably 2000 rpm. Might point to it not being exhaust at all. Got it up to 5000 rpm and 85mph this morning (sounded beautiful btw) and no pop.
When it occurs / if able to replicate on demand, I’d be curious what the a/f ratio and the vacuum are at the time, just for sng’s (..it’s and grins) of course.

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
I drove it in normal mode on the way to work this morning and got up to 85 and didn't hear a thing. I also did it on a different road. Yesterday I was in sport mode. It legitimately sounds like rocks hitting my windshield nothing like the normal exhaust pop I hear when decelerating. Closer to a crack than a pop. Fordpass doesn't show any issues.
That definitely sounds like pre-ignition detonation if it happens under hard acceleration. Could be bad gas.

OP
OP
RadBadChad

RadBadChad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang V6, 24 GT
That definitely sounds like pre-ignition detonation if it happens under hard acceleration. Could be bad gas.
It didn't happen under hard acceleration I was kinda cruising at 90. No higher than 3000 rpm

OP
OP
RadBadChad

RadBadChad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang V6, 24 GT
So I only hear it when I have the windows rolled down. Guy I work with says his camaro does the same thing.

OP
OP
RadBadChad

RadBadChad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang V6, 24 GT
So after wondering why I only hear it while going fast with the windows down I think it isn't even the exhaust. Its just the seatbelt flapping in the wind slapping against the seats. I rolled the windows up a tad so there was less wind and it stopped. If it was the exhaust I would obviously still hear it.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Mine does the same thing. Love it! Sometimes it tends to frighten women, children, and small critters.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
one day on my way home from work i downshifted from 2nd to 1st for a stop sign and it made a pretty loud pop. loud enough that the guy walking on the sidewalk on the other side of the road jumped then looked at me as if to say "wtf did you do that for?". i also notice some pops on full-throttle upshifts 1-2 and 2-3

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
one day on my way home from work i downshifted from 2nd to 1st for a stop sign and it made a pretty loud pop. loud enough that the guy walking on the sidewalk on the other side of the road jumped then looked at me as if to say "wtf did you do that for?". i also notice some pops on full-throttle upshifts 1-2 and 2-3
Yes! The pops in the s650 are magnificent. I just wish I could drive it AND listen from behind at the same time. 😂

Last edited:

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
It pops, it bangs, it slaps as the 'yoots say... It's a very animated sounding engine, which is why I got the 5.0.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Mine does the same thing. Love it! Sometimes it tends to frighten women, children, and small critters.
Yesterday morning I had to be careful not to pop. It's horse country around here and somebody was riding on the side of the road. Some horses are rock solid but other are not and I didn't know which it was.

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
Yesterday morning I had to be careful not to pop. It's horse country around here and somebody was riding on the side of the road. Some horses are rock solid but other are not and I didn't know which it was.
Mmm. Not horse friendly for sure. I guess it's normal mode for you. But kudos for the consideration, given a bucking horse is no fun for the rider or passing vehicles.

Supra Killer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion, '24 Mustang GT
I have an A10 and the popping sound became more pronounced after I put the Borla switch-fire resonator delete on it.

S650 Mustang Exhaust Pop giphy

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
I have an A10 and the popping sound became more pronounced after I put the Borla switch-fire resonator delete on it.

giphy.gif
They fit on the s650 the same as the s550? Was there anything adjustments or was it cut and bolt up as usual.

Supra Killer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion, '24 Mustang GT
They fit on the s650 the same as the s550? Was there anything adjustments or was it cut and bolt up as usual.
I didn't have the s550 but I would say it was the same, pretty straight forward. It took some minor fitment tweaks to get everything looking symmetric.
Sponsored