• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dyno traps

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Would be curious if anyone has dyno results from pulling the filters and leaving the ‘lame traps’ in place?

Curious if the obstruction is sufficient for a quick trip down the strip.
Sponsored

Mustang406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
Several places have done this. Check YouTube for results. The gains from removing the traps are mostly insignificant. Not like the 22 and 23 models

OP
OP
Zig

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Several places have done this. Check YouTube for results. The gains from removing the traps are mostly insignificant. Not like the 22 and 23 models
I guess my google doesn’t work as well as yours. … was more curious if there are and what the ‘average’ (since there are too many variables to definitively declare) gains from simply removing the air filters and using empty stock air boxes with the supposed lame inline carbon traps in place. The in-line obstruction will keep anything too large from being ingested but not exactly sure how long I’d want to run around unfiltered.

Mustang406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
I guess my google doesn’t work as well as yours. … was more curious if there are and what the ‘average’ (since there are too many variables to definitively declare) gains from simply removing the air filters and using empty stock air boxes with the supposed lame inline carbon traps in place. The in-line obstruction will keep anything too large from being ingested but not exactly sure how long I’d want to run around unfiltered.
I misunderstood what you were asking. Several places have removed the carbon traps but not the air filters. I would never run without an air filter. Removing the carbon traps alone gives around 2-3 hp. On the 22 and 23 it was more like 9-10.
Sponsored