• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Drivers Assist

Bionicstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Is the only difference between the manual and automatic that the automatic gets stop and go and lane centering while the manual doesn't. Or is there anything else on This List that is transmission exclusive. I've heard conflicting things.

I've heard the manual doesn't have the adaptive cruise control which conflicted with the ordering info. I've been debating on the manual or the auto. I can do without the key fob revving just trying to see how different they are. I want it to be my first manual car but I love the tech also.

S650 Mustang Drivers Assist 1000018025
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
In the list you provided, it clearly shows the intelligent adaptive cruise control is NOT available with the manual. I don't have a manual DH, so I can't confirm -- but I can read. :)

OP
OP

Bionicstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
In the list you provided, it clearly shows the intelligent adaptive cruise control is NOT available with the manual. I don't have a manual DH, so I can't confirm -- but I can read. :)
Yet it also says adaptive speed control and speed sign recognition with intelligent speed assist. I can read too.

Just wondering how how that makes it any different.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What do you mean "how that makes it any different"?

Do you not understand the difference between having SSR, ISA, and IACC versus having SSR and ISA but not IACC?

(a) SSR just means it recognizes the posted speed limit signs.
(b) ISA means it will adjust the speed your cruise speed is set at based on the speed limit signs that SSR reads.
(c) IACC means it will adjust your vehicle speed based on a vehicle in front of you (e.g., you will slow down), but when that vehicle is gone, you'll speed back up. This is NOT changing what speed your cruise control is set at (like SSR does), it's adjusting the speed of the car based on a vehicle in front of you, then speeding back up when it's gone.

Based on the graphic you posted above, the manual trans has A and B, but not C, while the 10R80 Automatic as A, B, and C.

OP
OP

Bionicstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
What do you mean "how that makes it any different"?

Do you not understand the difference between having SSR, ISA, and IACC versus having SSR and ISA but not IACC?

(a) SSR just means it recognizes the posted speed limit signs.
(b) ISA means it will adjust the speed your cruise speed is set at based on the speed limit signs that SSR reads.
(c) IACC means it will adjust your vehicle speed based on a vehicle in front of you (e.g., you will slow down), but when that vehicle is gone, you'll speed back up. This is NOT changing what speed your cruise control is set at (like SSR does), it's adjusting the speed of the car based on a vehicle in front of you, then speeding back up when it's gone.

Based on the graphic you posted above, the manual trans has A and B, but not C, while the 10R80 Automatic as A, B, and C.

What you said is C is actually ACC the same thing I have in my 2017 fusion. Car slows down when a car infront reaches the gap that is set by the driver and speeds back up when that car isn't there.

From the video, IACC basically uses the SSR and ISA in combination with ACC and calling it IACC. My point is that if the manual has SSR, ISA, and ACC which basically seems like the same thing as as IACC.

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
The adaptive cruise control with lane centering is wild. I love it…

I just give it the speed i want, and let it drive itself, it follows the road perfectly even takes considerable twisty turns alone, and slows down with traffic down to a complete stop from 70 mph.

Even limits itself to road sign speed limits if it changes.

It’s a must for long trips.

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
Interesting all UK models have adaptive cruise control ... they dont differentiate between auto / manual.
But we only get lane keeping assist we dont get the lane centering.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Lane keeping vs lane centering , stop n slow vs stop and go

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
Is the only difference between the manual and automatic that the automatic gets stop and go and lane centering while the manual doesn't. Or is there anything else on This List that is transmission exclusive. I've heard conflicting things.

I've heard the manual doesn't have the adaptive cruise control which conflicted with the ordering info. I've been debating on the manual or the auto. I can do without the key fob revving just trying to see how different they are. I want it to be my first manual car but I love the tech also.

1000018025.jpg
So to answer your question, I drive the DH manual, it has (and I love) the adaptive cruise control, speed sign recognition with speed limiter (have to select limiter button on steering wheel), lane centering with assist feature (always on by default). With the added feature of "auto hold" it keeps the brakes held forever until you accelerate or lift the clutch after you come to a stop, very different from "hill start assist" which it has as well. Also so freaking many features that get found almost every trip. Like you, the remote Rev, kinda lame.

No remote start on manuals.

This info is from a real life production car built first week in December2023.

Getting the manual is by far the best decision made in this car purchase.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
So to answer your question, I drive the DH manual, it has (and I love) the adaptive cruise control, speed sign recognition with speed limiter (have to select limiter button on steering wheel), lane centering with assist feature (always on by default). With the added feature of "auto hold" it keeps the brakes held forever until you accelerate or lift the clutch after you come to a stop, very different from "hill start assist" which it has as well. Also so freaking many features that get found almost every trip. Like you, the remote Rev, kinda lame.

No remote start on manuals.

This info is from a real life production car built first week in December2023.

Getting the manual is by far the best decision made in this car purchase.
I can confirm this.

Fun fact: You can downshift and upshift without cruise control getting deactivated. That's a first for me with a manual.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
I get why it can't have stop & go with a stick. Obviously the car would stall. But not sure whey they didn't include lane centering on the manuals? The wife's car has this and I kind of like it.

Reactions: Zig

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
I get why it can't have stop & go with a stick. Obviously the car would stall. But not sure whey they didn't include lane centering on the manuals? The wife's car has this and I kind of like it.
Mine has it, and manual. Who said they don't?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

What you said is C is actually ACC the same thing I have in my 2017 fusion. Car slows down when a car infront reaches the gap that is set by the driver and speeds back up when that car isn't there.

From the video, IACC basically uses the SSR and ISA in combination with ACC and calling it IACC. My point is that if the manual has SSR, ISA, and ACC which basically seems like the same thing as as IACC.
Sounds like you've got it figure out. :like:
Sponsored