• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Drive Mode default

3 Golfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazada cx5,Dart, 335I, 2024 mustang(on order)
Called Ford today to see if they could change the drive mode default system. Has anyone else tried to have them change the default system?
Sponsored

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
default drive mode will always be normal, there's no changing it unless Ford releases an update that makes it a feature

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Yeah, I don't see that being an option by Ford. I don't why they didnt give you the option to keep last drive mode on start-up like other Ford Vehicles.

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
I keep my drive mode on normal, but my cluster them always reverts back to normal after I change it to the sport cluster. A friend of mine has the 2024 also but his stays on his selected cluster theme. Anyone know what the problem for me is? 🤔

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
My son-in-law is an engineer with Stellantis and he told me that the reason it defaults to the "stock" settings is for federal regulation and liability issues. If it wasn't set to the factory default for example the EPA regulations would not be met by the car "as delivered". Not a problem if you make changes for your driving experience, but the default is what the EPA measured so the car has to default to that setting when you turn it off.

Secondarily is the liability. If a manufacturer allowed you to have it save the settings, like all the nannies turned off, and someone then drives the car and has an accident that could have been prevented by the TCS, then the manufacturer faces a claim for allowing the car to be left that way. As an attorney, I can see that liability and how it would play out at a trial.

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
I keep my drive mode on normal, but my cluster them always reverts back to normal after I change it to the sport cluster. A friend of mine has the 2024 also but his stays on his selected cluster theme. Anyone know what the problem for me is? 🤔
You might have the setting turned on to match your driving mode?

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
You might have the setting turned on to match your driving mode?
Driving mode is always "normal" for me, so I couldn't have the setting turned on to match my driving mode if the cluster is set to sport. I feel like I've searched everything and can't find out why lol

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
The default is normal mode with the exception of quiet mode which can be configured timed on or always on. That can't be changed however some on the site have defined a custom mode which they can activate with one press of the button on the wheel. This link is one you should look at.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
My son-in-law is an engineer with Stellantis and he told me that the reason it defaults to the "stock" settings is for federal regulation and liability issues. If it wasn't set to the factory default for example the EPA regulations would not be met by the car "as delivered". Not a problem if you make changes for your driving experience, but the default is what the EPA measured so the car has to default to that setting when you turn it off.

Secondarily is the liability. If a manufacturer allowed you to have it save the settings, like all the nannies turned off, and someone then drives the car and has an accident that could have been prevented by the TCS, then the manufacturer faces a claim for allowing the car to be left that way. As an attorney, I can see that liability and how it would play out at a trial.
That all makes complete sense. As far as how liability plays out in almost any trial, from my lay perspective it usually turns out to be somewhat of a circus.

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
I didn't want to create a whole new thread on this, so hoping I can get response in here.

So I developed multiple (4) custom modes for different conditions. Question is, do not all 4 different custom modes get added to the cycle with the steering wheel buttons? Looks like it only touches the latest custom mode that was chosen on the mymustang screen.

Am I correct here? So to select the correct custom mode I want, I need to go through mymustang screen in lieu of steering wheel buttons?
Sponsored